Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 12:14 AM
Default Career Creator 3 exporting changes to your game?
How do you apply the changes (to careers: friend requirement change) to your game? I go Save -> File, but that didn't seem to work :/

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
How do you apply the changes (to careers: friend requirement change) to your game? I go Save -> File, but that didn't seem to work :/

When you save the file, you should get a pop-up saying, "Operation Complete!"

What are the symptoms of its not working? Are the job details you edited not changed in game?

Career Creator 3 puts a file called Work.iff into your ExpansionShared folder. Since the ExpansionShared folder doesn't usually contain a file with that name, if Work.iff is there, then Career Creator 3 probably did save your changes. If there's no Work.iff in your ExpansionShared folder, then something went wrong.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 10:43 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Jul 2021 at 10:58 AM.
@Corylea Where do I find that folder? I downloaded complete complection from old games site if I remember correctly.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 3:50 PM
@Corylea Where do I find that folder? I downloaded complete complection from old games site if I remember correctly.

I have The Sims on disk, not The Complete Collection, so I can't give you the exact path. But if you go to your files for the game and look around, it should be easy to find. Mine is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\ExpansionShared. Yours might be under C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims\ExpansionShared, or something like that. If you look at the shortcut that you use to launch the game, it should tell you where your game files are. Browsing through those folders should turn it up quickly.

Here's a screenshot of how it looks on my computer. If you can find your Downloads folder -- and you must be able to, since you were asking for a mod, earlier -- you can find this in the same general location:

Screenshots

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 4:43 PM
I have the complete collection, the path is still [install location]\Maxis\ExpansionShared.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 10:44 PM
Oh yeah, duh *facepalm*. Why I didn't thought of checking Maxis.

Ok the file is there, but for some reason myy Sims still require friends in jobs.

The issue I notice and I'm 100% sure is with the education career, where friends still is requirement despite me setting all its level to 0.

Other information that might be noting:
1) The program Career Creator 3 is inside a custom folder in desktop.
2)Double clicking on Work.iff opens it up with photoshop. I don't think that should be happening tho??

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 1:42 AM
Ok the file is there, but for some reason myy Sims still require friends in jobs.

The issue I notice and I'm 100% sure is with the education career, where friends still is requirement despite me setting all its level to 0.

Open Career Creator 3 again and check to see if the friends are set to zero. The program won't let you set a requirement on a higher level career to be lower than the requirement on a lower level of that same career, so you can't set friends to zero on Level 10 of a job unless you've first set it that way on levels 1 through 9.

Did you get a pop-up saying "Operation Complete" when you saved?

Did you read the documentation that came with Career Creator? In your Career Creator 3 folder, there's a subfolder called Docs. With your browser open, click on Career Creator 3.htm, and that will give you a tutorial.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 11:16 PM
Yes I did set all the entries to zero. And yes, I did get the pop up. And Yes I did read the tutorial.