Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2021 at 6:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes when I try to edit collections
Did a reinstall of my game because it kept crashing when I tried to access my collections sometimes when I clicked on a collection icon, but always if I tried to organize or edit collection files. Once the reinstall was done, I checked, and the problem is still here. I don't understand - game is not giving me any clues. I could play a bit not using collections, but they are a tool I depend on, and the constant crashing is frustrating me -- especially after the load times, and I'm not using nearly as much CC as I usually do. Any ideas? Any idea where to even look for a clue to what's wrong? Any help is very welcome Deb/Altanna
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2021 at 6:21 PM
Most likely you have a bad collection file somewhere in your CC, or a bad CC item in a collection file (if the game crashes when you try to access a particular collection). Either look through and see if you can find collection files among your CC, or do a 50/50.

Reinstalling your game is rarely the solution, and if the problem is still there when you reinstall and then put your CC back in, the problem is almost guaranteed to be in your CC. Most of the time when you have issues with your game and you have CC installed, try checking for issues in the CC first. More often than not, the problem is there. Reinstalling your game takes time and can sometimes even create new problems, so try to avoid it if you can.