Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sinclair ZX Spectrum - With *Custom Sounds!* - UPD 04sept2007

by Numenor Posted 26th Jun 2007 at 4:43 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 5:52 PM by -Maylin-

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 164 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Field Researcher
#26 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 7:57 PM
Incredible. Of course, my family had a Commodore...

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 7:59 PM
It's good to see you again, Numenor, with a new fantastic object!
I thought you had lost interest in The Sims, gad to find it's not the case!
Indeed, if this object is not featured, the mods will hear a lot lol

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 8:02 PM
You are brilliant Numenor, without you the sims would be nothing, personally I am very grateful and so is the entire sims community.Take care and have fun (you deserve it)
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#29 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 8:41 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 26th Jun 2007 at 8:48 PM.
OMG Numenor, ROFL! This is awesome.

PS: So awesome that I got all excited and forgot to download it.

*downloads*
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 8:51 PM
Oh wow, easily one of the most interesting downloads I've seen here. I'm sure this would be good for a couple of my knowledge sims...thanks a lot for your hard work!
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:00 PM
Thanks Numenor.
The 128K ZX Spectrum was the first computer I've had!
Now, my sims can feel the expectation of tape loading and its unforgetable sound!

Thanks, again.
Scholar
#32 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:11 PM
I love to see creators put this much thought and spirit into an object. It really brightens my day more than you can imagine.
I hope the joy of creating never abandons you.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Alchemist
#33 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:14 PM
Oh thank you Modfather, have to say that this kind of PC vintage makes your age (mine and of many other members here) easily guessed now. It's quite unbelievable but it seems that here there are many who started playing and studying the chips and codes in the very beginning of the PC era, in a technical or just ludic way.
You have a "touch" in creating amazing objects, and this is one of the most complex and enjoyable item recently and/or even ever seen. Can't wait to have it in game and listen to the MP3 oldies. Thanks forever and ciao.
Theorist
#34 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:29 PM Last edited by JLonier : 26th Jun 2007 at 10:00 PM. Reason: just changing to thanks
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
This one took me a very long time... :P

I guessed!

What will you do next...
Please tell! It helps us be more prepered when We fall of our seats with exitement and A Mad flush of Need-ment.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:29 PM
Num...you are a mess...lol, where do you come up with these great ideas?...and the funny puns...(just jocking)? You slay me.

Thanks a million.
Instructor
#36 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:10 PM
this is great
Numenor
thanks!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:22 PM
Although I just got done trading in my TI-99/4A towards a Coleco Adam (2 tape drives and 80k!), I may give this Sinclair a shot. The Adam had to be returned because it was defective again. I was just wondering if, on the Sinclair, am I treated to the flashing borders even while writing BASIC programs (If so, how could you concentrate)?

Seriously, thank you for taking us back to our roots with this object.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Instructor
#38 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:22 PM
Too awesome Numenor. Unfortunately I wasn't around for this... damn. Brillinat either way!

Retired...

kind of.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:30 PM
Oh what great memories this brings back!! Thanks for makiing a number one machine for us. I cant wait to go and start up my game and have fun listening to the sweet sounds.
Instructor
#40 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:34 PM
i thought u died. Nice object. I am happy you have returned to us.
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:44 PM Last edited by Arialonomus : 29th Jun 2007 at 12:25 AM.
Congrats on another featured under your belt Nuemenor, your creations dot my game left and right, I am glad to add this one to my collection.

(I showed this to my dad and he said it brought back memories, being born in the nineties tells me, I know not much about this computer!)

[Insert witty and hilarious signature here]
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#42 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:48 PM
Fabulous, Numenor! I'm glad you finally released it.

DDO
Instructor
#43 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:51 PM
Thanks so much! You're the best! :D
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 11:08 PM
Very Cool, I had one of these in the mid 90's, but it wasn't my first Spectrum, my first one was the model after this one, also had the 128k with the built in tape deck. :P

Thanks for the memories and the mod.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 11:13 PM
Wow. You just don't know when to stop, Numenor =D This is insanely awesome *hugs Numenor* And unfortunately (or not?), being born in the mid-nineties kinda stole the experience of this computer from me xD

When life gives you lemons, study them and write a book about all the things you can do with lemons and win an award. 'Cause awards are shiny.
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 12:37 AM
awesome job as always! This reminds me of my Commodore Vic-20. I used it primarily for games, but I remember making some kind of minimum programs with it.... like Q-Basic

1 Print "Hello!"
2 Goto 1
Run

Or something like that. lol! Excellent job man!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 12:44 AM
Numenor ~ Many thanks for all the hard work and time you took learning to create this fine piece of sim art, many more thanks for taking the time to share the information on how you were able to introduce new sounds to the object and of course all the other information about objects you have shared over time.

Much thanks Rick n Teresa.
Space Pony
#48 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 12:51 AM
This is awsome. Great job!
Test Subject
#49 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 1:52 AM
I like the screenshot where it says "It's not BASIC, It's Art!". It's a very interesting object, and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks! :]
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#50 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
So you were a Commodorian, Winter, uh? This proves that the old debate "ZX Spectrum teaches how to programmers, C64 teaches people how to play" was just a false querelle

Yes Indeed. I learned Basic and Machine language on my trusty vic-20 and c-64 at around age 9. Ah...the nostalgia.

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Page 2 of 7