Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired
retired moderator
#151 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:27 PM
Travelling through a wardrobe would be a C S Lewis reference, Sabrina would be referencing the Narnia series. Although portal fiction predates C S Lewis.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:28 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot about that lol, still Sabrina was a witch which is the focus of the ep lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#153 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:36 PM
So, if this is true it will be another EP I won't buy.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#154 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
Going back a bit, I have to disagree with this:

The franchise has a great reputation! Except among the most vocal of minorities I've never really participated in the "Community" until just a few days ago, but from what I see, MTS has the most vocal people. Other sites see "Showtime! Yay! Magicians and Singers and Acrobats yay yay!" and respond "Yay!". MTS sees it and goes "This is the same thing as Late Night and I'm never buying another game by EA again." Then they buy it. But they still think that because they got mad, and 10 people clicked "Agree", that means the whole community agrees with them and the game won't sell 5 copies. It's a bit silly.

A bare minimum budget wouldn't allow for a lot of the stuff the game gets, either. You can bet your ass the radio would be nothing but made-in-house music if there wasn't a significant budget. There definitely wouldn't be a Katy Perry edition.

There's also no competition...but if there was, would anyone even go for it? The Sims is such a big name and such a big game that any competitors would fail without question, I think!

You have exceeded your smilies quota for the day.

As for competition, if some company came out with a well done competitor to The Sims you can bet your ass I'd buy into it.

Banned
#155 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Did you just compare talking about nicknames to a converstaion about expansion pack opinions?

Well, you were right about one thing, someone is looking pretty stupid right about now...

No. I compared very obviously asking one person something about them to very obviously asking one person something about them.

I don't think this is difficult. They said they like the part of OFB where you built businesses and then other sims could visit them. So I asked them why their personal opinion about OFB didn't translate to them liking a feature of Sims 3 in a similar way.

Just because it's an "open forum" doesn't mean posts can't be directed at individuals. I asked for their opinion based on their other opinion. How in the world anyone could think they're justified for thinking that question was directed at everybody is a complete mystery to me.
Theorist
#156 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Actually, up until Late Night, fans complained that the game was too rigid, and that all Sims did was work. The game took it self too seriously (everyone saw that), and felt that the humor was gone. Slowly, but surely, the game started to regain a bit of humor. Late Night was a bit more fun, but the celebrity system was still a problem, as that was too strict. Then came punishment, and the little rumor mill that came with Generations. Pets and Showtime are bit of a break from the over-bearing sense of structure in the game. The game wasn't all that wacky up until showtime came out, which is still pretty tame and you're complaining about magic? This is, probably, the least wacky of all the games so far. Especially when you can ignore it completely. Even Makin' Magic offered an optional world to explore and brought forth quite a few things for the home world. Same with showtime offering things that had nothing to do with fame, as did pets with nothing to do regarding pets, etc. They all have, so "just magic" wont be an issue.

I don't mean to add fire to the rain (Adele Reference) but I think that if the point trying to be proven is that, some players don't want an EP that is just full of magic when you can simply go out and buy an RPG game that does just x10 that. Plus EA is just using another way of ripping everyone one off, now that all those magical things have been released via Store, the chances of them showing up in the EP is probably unlikely, therefore causing an lack of items which would 'piss' everyone off. Unless they made it another form or something, but what's a witch without a cauldron? ;3

Secondly, I don't think people were complaining that all sims do is work, it was more of all sims could do is work.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It's ok to have an opinion, but you seem to be overlooking the bigger picture. It's very hard to enjoy the announcement of an EP (or leak) when a crap to of people (not just you) complain that the EP isn't weather. Quite frankly, the sims 2 skipped out on 2 EPS from the Sims 1 that are being offered to us in the same year with 3 - both my favorites, and quite a few other people. We complained until we got it, yes, but it's nothing like the nag-monster that is weather. Shouldn't we be happy for those who got what they wanted, and had to wait a hell of a lot longer for it than weather in 3. You know, like a whole game cycle that went by.

I find this bit to be a bit biased, I mean, everyone was down and pouring when GEN and SHT were releasing, people still till this day do the whole SHT joke which is overused now. And there was a GREAT amount of people excited about SHT, remember all those people at the TS3 forums and the people here at MTS trying to defend the greatness of SHT, same way with EP7..No matter what, it's gonna happen in every single thread whenever a new EP comes out, it's never gonna stop, even when we get Weather.

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, had to go earlier so I just finished typing it up..Atm I'm neutral on EP7 maybe it'll turn out like SHT where at first I didn't really like it, and then I grew to love it.
Field Researcher
#157 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:57 PM
I didn't get it in time I thought I did and was looking forward to pointy ears

My Simblr: Here
Top Secret Researcher
#158 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
I didn't get it in time I thought I did and was looking forward to pointy ears

There's an ear slider mod available here. It makes pointy ears.

Field Researcher
#159 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
No. I compared very obviously asking one person something about them to very obviously asking one person something about them.

I don't think this is difficult. They said they like the part of OFB where you built businesses and then other sims could visit them. So I asked them why their personal opinion about OFB didn't translate to them liking a feature of Sims 3 in a similar way.

Just because it's an "open forum" doesn't mean posts can't be directed at individuals. I asked for their opinion based on their other opinion. How in the world anyone could think they're justified for thinking that question was directed at everybody is a complete mystery to me.

Lord help me...

Probably gonna regret it, but I'm gonna try this one last time.

Of course you can direct a post to a specific individual, but this being an open discussion you can expect others to pick up on a topic and join the converstaion or start their own conversations about it. You can't forbid anyone from referring to what you said on a public forum, even if you said it to someone else. Everyone has a right to express their opinion here and even if you are only interested in one person's story it doesn't mean that others can't share their views on the same subject with the rest of the community.

And maybe I misspoke (english is not my first language) but I never suggested that you directed your question to everybody. You obviously asked a specific person, but you did it publicly for everbody to see, so everybody has a right to react to it and you shouldn't have a problem with it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#160 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
I find this bit to be a bit biased, I mean, everyone was down and pouring when GEN and SHT were releasing, people still till this day do the whole SHT joke which is overused now. And there was a GREAT amount of people excited about SHT, remember all those people at the TS3 forums and the people here at MTS trying to defend the greatness of SHT, same way with EP7..No matter what, it's gonna happen in every single thread whenever a new EP comes out, it's never gonna stop, even when we get Weather.

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, had to go earlier so I just finished typing it up..Atm I'm neutral on EP7 maybe it'll turn out like SHT where at first I didn't really like it, and then I grew to love it.

I'm not biases. You can't say I'm biased based on one post, you have to look at all of them before you say that to people, but me expecting you to read through all my posts is very unrealistic, so it's not very fair to judge and not check facts.

Now, I've never hated showtime, (check the first paragraph in my "Things..." thread for SHT) I hated the way EA promoted it and focused on Sim-Port more than the EP itself. Showtime, itself, isn't bad. If people actually played it, it doesn't even relate to American Idol, which people keep complaining about. It's more or less based around entertainment - the right way.

And the SHT abbreviation is, now, more of less, common for the abbreviation, and still holds true because of Sim-Port, and it's locked content.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#161 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 1:21 AM
Aw, where's the weather expansion

Well, how will this tie inn with the magic stuff added in showtime? I mean will there be fake magic and real magic?
I'm not too excited about this. But will get it for the furniture, clothes and small interactions.
Instructor
#162 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 1:38 AM
Well I like this EP idea...especially the bees, candles and fairies! And I do love weather and seasons, but I can wait. ^^

And while I personally like the supernaturals, I think it would be great to have a selection to turn them off because not everyone likes them and even I like to have "normal" neighborhoods that are free of fairies and vampires.

ETA: And being able to make supernaturals in CAS?! By the Nine please let it be true!
Mad Poster
#163 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Also, the code for the moon phases has been in world files forever. Unfortunately, the new moon system breaks custom moons - least it breaks Port Piston's. Someone who has Lunar Lakes should check.

The moon in Lunar Lakes appears to be fine for me.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#164 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
And while I personally like the supernaturals, I think it would be great to have a selection to turn them off because not everyone likes them and even I like to have "normal" neighborhoods that are free of fairies and vampires.

I think a simple way to do that would be that EA creates a new flag for supernatural worlds, just like WA worlds are 'vacation worlds' and LN cities 'cities'. So in the supernatural world, the game would generate appropriate sims to fit the theme just like in WA worlds, instead of random regular sims. So that new game generated sims would wear appropriate theme clothing and also have the looks to go with it.

I really hope that a portal into the supernatural world is true! Alice-like rabbit hole or a wardrobe, I'd love it! Can you imagine kids discovering the world and sneaking there during night-time for big adventures...
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#165 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:29 AM
Okay, if ANYTHING got me excited about this EP, it was that Arisuka. I might be showing my age a wee bit but thinking of night time forays to a magical world makes me think of the 12 dancing princesses who were locked in their room every night but, every morning when the door was unlocked, their slippers would be danced to pieces. Oh the stories we could make!!!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:32 AM
@heaven
I know the twelve dancing princesses! I love fairy tales, now you're making me want to do Brother's Grimm stories with this EP if possible.
Field Researcher
#167 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Well, how will this tie inn with the magic stuff added in showtime? I mean will there be fake magic and real magic?

I think it's gonna be like magic tricks for show versus actual magic that can influence sims in their everyday lives.

It also looks like Fortune Teller career is gonna have two tracks, real psychic versus scam artist.
Test Subject
#168 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 5:08 AM
I have the suspicion that the wardrobe might function like the time machine. Which would be sort of lame. However, I would prefer that you don't have to travel to some other world to learn magic or do magic stuff. I'm hoping we get some toggles, then you could specify that you say wanted a world with magic, vampires, werewolves and vombies but no fairies. EA could also add toggles to control what wild/stray animals you have. That way you have more flexibility than you would get with flags. Twallen already added the option in storyprogression to controll whether vampires are created and at what rate, so I'll be getting occult controlling functionality either way. But EA really needs to do these thing right themselves.
Test Subject
#169 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 5:59 AM
I look forward to seeing vampire-witch-werewolf-imaginary friend-ghost babies in my game.
Instructor
#170 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 6:00 AM
Heaven, I had that exact same thought! I wasn't too stoked about this theme until Arisuka's comment about sneaking off to another realm. Wasn't there coding found that had to do with teleportation through a wardrobe?

Then dispear made a good comment that it'll probably function like the time machine. Just another rabbit hole...

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Instructor
#171 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 6:01 AM
I'm really stoked about this ep. I haven't really been this stoked since pre-generations. I love the idea of new skin tones without mods, and werewolves and fairies are my cup of tea. I only wish I'd seen this before it was patched away!

I hope they do a few more eps after this, so folks can get their weather and alien abduction as well, both things I've been waiting for too.

I wonder when it will be released? The fall sometime?
Top Secret Researcher
#172 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
The suggestion or the wording? Because I agree that without separate "X EP discussion" and "X EP information" threads that this is a valid place to complain and whatever, but van Dorn's post was, as far as I can tell, just a suggestion. There was no bossing or condescension or anything I'd really find rude.

LOL The suggestion. The wording was very nice. It is silly that people are coming here telling people not to express their opinions unless they agree with them. Honestly, I was laughing when I posted that previous message.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:19 AM
This EP sounds awesome! So, do you think, if you have pets, that sims would be able to shapeshift into animals too, or just other sims? It'll be an awesome feature for Azz, to have him shapeshift between mahjarrat and human form, and possibly a jackal form. As well as doing magic! I may have to try my hand at making my simself an honest physic.

While that may be a bit much, it'd be cool if you could do seances too. Have the client come over and one of their dead ancestors shows up (or maybe a completely unrelated ghost, and you can decide whether to lie or tell the truth about who you're speaking to).

Having werewolves and fairies will be awesome. I love the supernatural.

If this all is true, I'm seriously EXC----------ITED
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#174 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
Heaven, I had that exact same thought! I wasn't too stoked about this theme until Arisuka's comment about sneaking off to another realm. Wasn't there coding found that had to do with teleportation through a wardrobe?

Then dispear made a good comment that it'll probably function like the time machine. Just another rabbit hole...

Nono, I meant that the wardrobe (or whatever the teleportation method would be), that it would be the thing through which you'd actually enter into an actual world. Just like in WA when you "travel" to vacation worlds. But instead of using phone to choose the "travel" option like in WA, you'd click the wardrobe and choose "explore" option or something.

Most likely with a theme this big they need to make a new world anyway, so this would actually be very possible!
Instructor
#175 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:15 AM
Oh yeah, I know what you meant, and love that idea! Much like having that magic hole on your lot in ts1 that took you to Magic Town.

I'm just wondering now if it'll be more like the time machine and less like an actual portal (a la WA).

Fingers crossed!

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Supernatural's out! Yay!
Page 7 of 105