Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 10:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mannequin showering in their clothes (missing nude state?)
I got treeag's unlocked creatures' skins so that I could play the Mannequin skintone. All seemed to be going well until I noticed my child and teen Mannequin never changed out of their clothes whenever they bathed or showered.

I tried looking for ways to solved it or what might have gone wrong, and the only thing I could think of is that there is no nude state for teen and children (and younger?).

I tried contacting treeag, but they seem to no longer be online here. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Or does anyone know any skin that looks very close to the Maxis Mannequin tone that I could use instead?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 2:01 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 12th Nov 2020 at 2:12 AM.
I had same problem with Treeag's alien skin. It clashed with default replacement and bathing with clothes was just a start of glitches. Things went worse up to unplayability when sim grew up to adult. I just deleted Treeag's file. Here was my thread https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=648150
I use CC Enayla skins for custom skins and for grey I use Pixie Diamond and Pixie Moonstone
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 2:19 AM
Just had a dig around in SimPE to find the mannequin skins, and there aren't any files for the younger ages, so not sure how treeag's files work - unless they shoehorned in the child textures for toddlers and babies (would look bad). Also, there's just one face texture (female adult), so no male features for males, and possibly a full set of teeth for the toddlers and babies.

Best you can do is to extract the mannequin LIFOs, and the missing skins as either the light or alien skins (not sure which ones will work best, haven't tested) and desaturate these plus fix teeth for the younger faces, put it together in Bodyshop and make a custom skin. That's guaranteed to work in showers or wherever you want them to work.

Haven't tested the unlocked skin, but it sounds like there's something weird going on with it (is it more of a mod, or TXMTs pointing to the textures, or a skin with actual textures?). Either way I'd think a properly made custom skintone is a bit safer than one that's potentially missing parts.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 2:34 AM
My understanding is that Treeag's mod only unlocks the Maxis Mannequin skintone and makes it available for gameplay, including adding the ability to have babies which wasn't possible without any mods. (Read to mean the game would crash if a Sim tries to give birth with that skin.) I wonder if there is no nude state for the younger ages. I don't know who to check that because I don't know where the game file for that skintone is found.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 2:44 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Nov 2020 at 3:05 AM.
I have no clue where the skins for the toddler and/or baby mannequin skins are (I don't think there are any), because they don't seem to be available anywhere in the game files. I can only find as far down as to child.

Treeag's files don't have TXMTs or TXTRs in them, and are controlled by the 3DIRs - the baby and toddler bodies share texture with the child body (the texture sharing goes for some of the other skins, too), but they don't share UVmaps and look quite different in various areas, so expect there to be some patchwork in the seams (babies in particular).

Technically they should work, but the mannequin skins are such a patchwork of missing textures you're honestly better off making a custom one in the way I described above. A bit of hue/sat on the lightest skin seemed to do the trick (I tested).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 5:39 AM
I think you are right. I tried to take the alien skin and changed the hue & saturation to be as close to the mannequin as I could. I have never created a custom skin and it didn't truly work out. I don't know what I did wrong.

I guess now this is a WCIF search for a gray scale alien skin. I did find a default gray alien skin, but I don't want it to be default and I don't know who to make it so it isn't a default replacement. Suggestions?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 11:40 AM
Check your PM box
(If anyone else is after a custom Mannequin-match skin, I'll post it somewhere a bit more accessible)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 5:12 PM
Thanks for the skin. Turned out better than the one I tried to make. (My skin was glowing, but not the head and no clue why. Ha! It was way too light as well.)

I have changed my sims to your skin and it works fine. And I hardly even noticed that there was much of a change, so it is a pretty good match.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 7:36 PM
Glowing? Wow... Wonder how you managed that... o.O

Anyway, happy you liked it. I thought at first to use the original textures and add in missing ones, but they were a bit difficult to match up exactly.