Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2020 at 5:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pleasantview scripts do not show up
Hello everyone

I have a small but annoying problem. I just reinstalled the game after I reset my computer, but when I put my neighborhood in the "Neighborhoods" folder, for some reason the Pleasantview scripts don't appear anymore.

For example, in the Caliente lot, Mortimer is supposed to show up on the lot with a pop-up in the upper right corner, but nothing happens as if there is no script. It does that for all the Pleasantview lots. However, Strangetown and Veronaville scripts appear. It's only in Pleasantview.

The game is running without the "Downloads" folder, so no doubt it's because of mods or something else. I tried several times to delete the "EA Games" folder from my Documents folder, and when I don't put my neighborhood, the Pleasantview scripts are shown. As soon as I put my neighborhood in the "Neighborhoods" folder, the Pleasantview scripts don't show up.

I tried to put "Fairplay", the neighborhood of Pleasant Sims, and the Pleasantview scripts show up. It's only with my neighborhood that they don't. Before I reset my computer, this problem wasn't there.

It's really weird and I would like to know the source of the problem if someone has a clue. Thanks
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 5th May 2020 at 7:17 PM
How is your custom neighborhood labeled? Pleasantview is N001. What's yours called, and what's its ID?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2020 at 7:22 PM
My custom neighborhood is called "Isla Segundo", its ID is N004.
Theorist
#4 Old 5th May 2020 at 10:13 PM
This sounds very unusual to me, so you can try experimenting with all sorts of things to try to narrow down the case. First fun thing that comes to my mind is to try to rename a fresh N001 you haven't loaded to something else, for example, N015. To do that, use a tool like Bulk Rename Utility to replace every "N001" to "N015", while keeping the rest of a file's name. For example, change:

N001_Neighborhood.package to N015_Neighborhood.package,
N001_Subhood001.package to N015_Subhood001.package,
and so on.

Also, don't forget to rename files in the Characters, Lots and Thumbnails folders.

Try putting such N015 in both with and without your N004. Does the problem appear in any of the cases?
Instructor
#5 Old 6th May 2020 at 3:14 AM
Scripts for Pleasantview only happen if they are the base hood it wont happen in a subhood version
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th May 2020 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
This sounds very unusual to me, so you can try experimenting with all sorts of things to try to narrow down the case. First fun thing that comes to my mind is to try to rename a fresh N001 you haven't loaded to something else, for example, N015. To do that, use a tool like Bulk Rename Utility to replace every "N001" to "N015", while keeping the rest of a file's name. For example, change:

N001_Neighborhood.package to N015_Neighborhood.package,
N001_Subhood001.package to N015_Subhood001.package,
and so on.

Also, don't forget to rename files in the Characters, Lots and Thumbnails folders.

Try putting such N015 in both with and without your N004. Does the problem appear in any of the cases?

Thanks for helping me.

I deleted the EA Games folder in my Documents et run the game to regenerate the files.
As soon as the game finished to load, I quit the game without loading any neighborhood.
I renamed all the files in N001 by N015.

Tested with and without my neighborgood N004 : the scripts show up in Pleasantview!

However, I think it's the cause of renaming Pleasantview N001 by N015 but now the scripts in Strangetown and Veronaville don't show up anymore. Same for the history of the neighborhood, there are no pics. (https://i.imgur.com/nXHTMuE.png)
For the pics, there were displayed in Pleasantview when there was no scripts after I had installed my neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2020 at 10:31 AM
I did one another test:

Delete the EA Games folder in my Documents
Run the game without loading any neighborhood
Rename Pleasantview N001 by N015

All neighborhoods have their scripts and pics

I put my N004 neighborhood : no scripts and no pics anymore for all my neighborhoods EXCEPT for Pleasantview, the only one who I have renamed by N015.
Scholar
#8 Old 6th May 2020 at 3:04 PM
It is the UID of the neighbourhood that counts, that is found in the ID Number (IDNO) in the neighbourhood file. Pleasantview must have a UID of 1, Strangetown 2 and Veronaville 3 for the game scripting to work. If your neighbourhood or any of it's sub-hoods have a UID of 1,2 or 3 then the game will automatically change the UIDs of the other 'hoods to make them unique which will break their game scripting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2020 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
It is the UID of the neighbourhood that counts, that is found in the ID Number (IDNO) in the neighbourhood file. Pleasantview must have a UID of 1, Strangetown 2 and Veronaville 3 for the game scripting to work. If your neighbourhood or any of it's sub-hoods have a UID of 1,2 or 3 then the game will automatically change the UIDs of the other 'hoods to make them unique which will break their game scripting.

Oh, and where can I see the ID Number? In SimPE?
Theorist
#10 Old 7th May 2020 at 5:42 PM
Thanks Chris! This prevented many headaches.

The UID is found in SimPE when you open the N001_Neighborhood.package. Set Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville to 1, 2 and 3 respectively, and give your custom N004 a unique number (including its subhoods). Make sure to first commit changes, and then save the neighborhood package.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 11:49 AM
Thank you so much Chris Hatch and topp, it fixed it! (almost 1 year later I know lol)