Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 6:46 AM Last edited by trambling101 : 31st Jan 2021 at 7:03 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sim wants to be friend with themselves
Sigh.. So my sim rolled the want to be friends with themselves, I have several of the essential mods installed. I already ran HoodChecker and reloaded the game to see if it disappeared yet it didn't. I also tried retooling his wants with the Sim Blender, though maybe I need to wait until he wakes up for them to register. Is there a way to know if my neighbourhood is corrupted?

Edit: So I loaded up the game and let the kid wake up and the want rolled away.. I may be on edge since I noticed a relationship disappear between a married couple yesterday.

Call me Seth!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 8:14 AM
General advice is to make regular backups, run HoodChecker regularly and don't do any of the very bad things and your game should be fine. Did HoodChecker find anything in particular, or just the usual stuff that could be removed?
The wish went away by itself, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. His other wishes seem normal.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2021 at 9:59 PM
So I actually have figured out why this occurred. It seems to be somehow related to interacting with a pool or playing Marco-Polo with another sim. I have had a few Sims roll the want to be friends with themselves now and they all have pools on their home lots. I did not travel to Community Lots with any of them. I'm attaching a screenshot from the moment I captured the want roll.

@kestrellyn has made me a mod to test that should prevent this from occurring. I'm only replying to this post as I'm curious if anybody else has ever had this similar issue? Is it possible that it could be Super Collection only?
Screenshots

Call me Seth!