Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 2:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is this a sign of corruption?
None of my sims know Circe Beaker at all, yet she is stealing my newspaper for some reason.
(Strangetown was added as a shopping sub-hood)

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 5:37 AM
Nope. Mean Sims steal newspapers from strangers. She might be back to kick over your trash can.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 12:23 PM
Nope, Circe's just an asshole.
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 12:57 PM
Strangers steal newspapers all the time. In my current legacy, that's how my stay at home dad romance sim meets his dates. Anyone who comes to steal the newspaper or kick the trashcan is a chance to meet someone new.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 1:54 PM
I know that happens... but why Cicer? None of my sims know her, so that's why I'm wondering about corruption.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 4:54 PM
Like sushigal says, because she's an asshole. She has low nice points, so she will do evil things, like stealing your newspaper. My evil witch does that all the time too.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 5:09 PM
It used to happen a lot in my older games though not recently because I Modded that out ages ago shortly after installing UC because it always stopped new sims from being able to search for jobs.It used to be nasty sims who tended to do things like that mostly before I Modded it out.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 6:08 PM
As others have said, strangers stealing your newspaper is not a sign of corruption. Mean sims, such as Circe, Loki, Olive, Nervous, etc. will pinch your sim's newspaper whether they know your sim or not. You may notice random townies pinch newspapers and kicking bins, too. It's normal game behaviour that you shouldn't worry about

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
As others have said, strangers stealing your newspaper is not a sign of corruption. Mean sims, such as Circe, Loki, Olive, Nervous, etc. will pinch your sim's newspaper whether they know your sim or not. You may notice random townies pinch newspapers and kicking bins, too. It's normal game behaviour that you shouldn't worry about

Thanks for clarifying!
I never knew this could happen, lol. Funny to know how this game is 16yo and we're still learning stuff about it!

The more you know.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 5:42 PM
Nope, she’s being mean
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EduPie
I know that happens... but why Cicer? None of my sims know her, so that's why I'm wondering about corruption.

Because she is mean and enjoys stealing their papers, she doesn't have to know them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~