Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 7:15 AM
Default Tarzan Thread
Y'know, to talk about all things Tarzan, link to fan clubs, post pretty fan art etc.
There'll be one of these for all the movies that I can think of. If I missed one out then just start it yourself!

The best part about Tarzan is Jane. She's so silly.

Am I only person who has noticed that she has the same face shape as the baby baboon? They have the exact same nose and mouth shapes, especially from the side.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 2:06 PM
wait she does?
*pulls out tarzan VCR and rewinds to baboons*
OMG SHE DOES!
Epicness.
I love the songs of Tarzan, almost as much as the mulan songs, but a very tiny almost.

"Tell me more, please show me, something familiar 'bout the strangers like me,"

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 4:02 PM
The Tarzan songs were just so 90s. It's like Disney suddenly went "Shit, it's the millenium soon... LET'S MODERNISE, GUYS!"
And then completely undermined that after Tarzan and went back to big, dramatic musical type songs.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:19 AM
Tarzan was never one of my tops.
Though I think it's cool that the animators used skate boarders as guidelines in making his jungle sliding. :DDD

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 7:09 PM
^ Really? That's cooooool.
Yeah, I only watched Tarzan for Jane. I looooove her. She's like my Disney clone. I'm Mulan + Jane. Mashed together. Just without all the tea drinking.

Actually, I think I have a Jane doll. YES, I DO. She has that cute yellow Victorian dress and her exploring hat and a book with pages and the baboon picture and her cute little brolly.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 3:37 PM
I just watched one of my old Disney films, (on VHS-HELLYESS) and their was a commercial for Tarzan.
Which was talking about Tarzan and the Disney animators and such. It was pretty hardcore. (:

Jane is okay. I like her whole, SAVE THE GORILLAS campaign.
I'm a hippy at heart. (:

Really? I would love that doll!
Her clothing is freakin' fabulous. :D

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:08 PM
Yeah. Idk where she is, but I have her.

I watched Belle's Magical World today. Heh. It had an advert for The Lion King 2 on it. WHY DO ALL MY VIDEOS HAVE THAT ADVERT? If I have to hear my Grandma go "The good news is we found your daughter. The bad news is we dropped a warthog on her! HAHAHAHA!" again, I'll scream.
Though, I watched Pocahontas and Hercules on Monday and Pocahontas was a 1996 edition so it had the amazing serious teaser for Mulan. I was happy face.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:20 PM
The teasers draw me in like a five year old, seriously. :O
I'm all like, "Mommy, mommy I wanna get the Disney computer games!"
And then she's all like, "They probably won't work on the laptop dear."
And then I sigh. D:

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow