Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 5:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default mesh facce predefinite e accessori per tutti
Good evening guys! You have always been helpful to me so I ask you to help me with two other questions. Can someone explain to me how to make an accessory wearable with all categories of clothing and both genders? secondly I ask you to tell me the steps I need to do to change the default faces both on bodyshop and in the game. (I am referring to the mesh that you help in creating the sim)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 5:42 PM
@fabryzio Using Simpe, I think this post can be of some help for you: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=125867

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 8:23 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Dec 2020 at 8:34 PM.
If you want the accessories to show for all categories, set the "category" line in all the "MeshOverlay" resources to 137F, click "commit" after each change, and save the file.

To make them wearable for other genders/ages, it depends on whether the mesh will work with that age/gender. You can edit the gender (1=female, 2=male, 3=both) for toddler and child.

Hand accessories (possibly a few others) can work by changing gender for teens and adult/YA/elder, but anything for the head or the rest of the body most likely needs a new mesh because of the placement. The face/head and body for teens/adults, and for the female and male frames have a different placement and size, so some meshes will look alright, while some won't look good at all.

If you want to change the age, you can add YA and elder to most adult accessories in the "Age" line (8=adult, 40=YA, 10=elder, adult+YA = 48, all=58) but this is the only one it will work for. All the others will usually need a remesh because of the position and size. If there's already MeshOverlays for all these ages, don't edit in more (there tends to be one for each age and gender, so up to 6 af/am MeshOverlays for an all-age accessory).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 10:11 PM
thank you both! does anyone know how the default face replacement works? I just can't get them to work!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 10:38 PM
Assuming you don't have any other sets (you should remove those first!) you put the default set into your Downloads folder, and then you can open either Bodyshop or CAS and start making sims. The faces will replace the templates (the ones you can click on to change the face, not the sims or the heads), so in CAS you'll find them in the #3 category. In Bodyshop you'll find them where you can click on the full faces/heads. You might not recognize the new ones very easily, depending on which templates you've replaced them with.

A tip - you can blend face templates in CAS by right-clicking them up to 10 times. A few clicks on different templates will give you a more varied look (there's sliders in Bodyshop that do the same).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 10:55 PM
can i use these and modify them? https://modthesims.info/d/106081/ba...shop-faces.html
I don't know why but up to now I have not obtained results. sometimes nothing changed, other times bodyshop crashed and closed. one thing I noticed is that the file, after modifying it with simpe, is displayed with a padlock, I don't know if it is something due solely to the modification or is the signal that I do something wrong
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 1:49 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Dec 2020 at 2:03 AM.
Are you trying to make your own default replacements? If so, are you using the tutorial linked in the post, or some other tutorial?

Never seen padlocked face templates ingame, so that sounds like something went wrong. Perhaps read the tutorial over again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 8:49 AM
I practically downloaded the files from the link, I put them in the downloads folder, I opened the first one of 27 and I replaced the face mesh with the one created by me. as for the padlock I made myself ill. the lock is not in the bodyshop, I am attaching a picture of the padlock.
Attached Images

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 10:57 AM
The padlock overlay icon shows that the file is private (shared with no-one), but located under a non-private directory. As long as you can access it, this won't affect things- it just means that people on your homegroup or people you've shared folders with cannot access it.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 11:40 AM
Another way to make an accessory available for all clothing categories is to use Wardrobe Wrangler to convert it to Bon Voyage jewellery. I do this with things like scarves and gloves and hats as well as regular jewellery because I only want them to wear those things for Outerwear and I'm pretty sure(?) accessories have to be at least Everyday by default. Note that they'll still be available for Everyday if you want a particular Sim to wear gloves as part of their normal outfit, but other Sims wearing the same gloves don't have to wear them in the same clothing category.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 11:59 AM
You can make accessories only available for outerwear or PJs or some other category/ies than everyday, but they can be a pain to apply. I think they're only available as long as the sim is wearing that particular outfit category, and only on lots, so not in CAS or in Bodyshop. I've had a few downloaded ones, but tend to forget they are there, discover them randomly, and promptly forget them again. They're a bit like tops/bottoms that aren't enabled for everyday - a pain to get hold of even ingame, and very forgettable.

I usually don't bother with jewelry (they have a few things about them I find annoying), and mainly use accessories for storytelling and pictures, so I don't mind having them for all categories, or everyday + whichever other categories I need them for.