Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 12:00 AM Last edited by trambling101 : 14th Jan 2021 at 12:13 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Hood Checker Help
So I figured out how to run Mootilda's Hood Checker for the first time on Parallels for my Sims 2 Super Collection on my Mac, and I have a few questions. I had it run the "Remove" option without selecting the "Versioned Backup" (though I have no idea what this means). It wiped all the invalid Sim Relations (which I think is a good thing) but these 4 lines at the top remain:

User File Warnings:
Sim has no Character file: 0x0007 SimID=0x0048CA04
Sim has no Character file: 0x0006 SimID=0x0048CA06
Sim has no Character file: 0x0005 SimID=0x0048CA05
Sim has no Character file: 0x0001 SimID=0x0048CA00

Should I now try to run SimPE to figure out why these character files are wonky? If so, where do I find and which version do I install? I attached the before and after reports though I believe the program repaired my hood properly.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  2021.01.13 Hood Checker Report After.txt (308 Bytes, 1 downloads)
File Type: txt  2021.01.13 Hood Checker Report.txt (147.5 KB, 3 downloads)

Call me Seth!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 1:00 AM
Do you have any Multi PT (Pollination Technician) or Multi Ideal PlantSim mods? If so, that's what they are. Those types of mods add Sims to your hood and should never be removed once a hood has loaded with them in. The PT's showing up in HoodChecker is normal once you've loaded a neighborhood with them in. There is a way to stop it but I can't remember how....

Are you playing the Maxis original neighborhoods? They come pre-corrupted with a bunch of deleted Sims. This is another possible reason for that result. You can get clean templates of the Maxis neighborhoods by MeetMe2TheRiver, here: https://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com...lates-rerelease

If neither of these two apply to you, hopefully someone else can help you.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 2:28 AM
The way to stop it is to move the PT's character files from your Downloads folder to the Characters folder in your neighborhood. However, this means that if you want any other neighborhood you generate to have those PTs in it, you'll have put copies of those character files in their Characters folder as well. Doing this is also a way to uninstall a PT hack without corrupting neighborhoods that have already generated those PTs - you copy the character files into the Characters folder before deleting them from Downloads.

The Maxis neighborhoods do come precorrupted, but I don't believe any of them have deleted sims in them, who have no character files, just sims who have incomplete character files.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Do you have any Multi PT (Pollination Technician) or Multi Ideal PlantSim mods? If so, that's what they are. Those types of mods add Sims to your hood and should never be removed once a hood has loaded with them in. The PT's showing up in HoodChecker is normal once you've loaded a neighborhood with them in. There is a way to stop it but I can't remember how....

Are you playing the Maxis original neighborhoods? They come pre-corrupted with a bunch of deleted Sims. This is another possible reason for that result. You can get clean templates of the Maxis neighborhoods by MeetMe2TheRiver, here: https://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com...lates-rerelease

If neither of these two apply to you, hopefully someone else can help you.

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The way to stop it is to move the PT's character files from your Downloads folder to the Characters folder in your neighborhood. However, this means that if you want any other neighborhood you generate to have those PTs in it, you'll have put copies of those character files in their Characters folder as well. Doing this is also a way to uninstall a PT hack without corrupting neighborhoods that have already generated those PTs - you copy the character files into the Characters folder before deleting them from Downloads.

The Maxis neighborhoods do come precorrupted, but I don't believe any of them have deleted sims in them, who have no character files, just sims who have incomplete character files.

Oh yeah I have a multi-PT mod installed, thanks both! I deleted the Maxis hoods and have been creating my own hood right now so I am trying to be extremely cautious and trying to avoid all forms of corruption (even tho I've been playing this game for like 15 years and have had no idea that there could be SO MUCH of it).

Call me Seth!