Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 7:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pets sinking in the floor
I have thoroughly searched SimWiki and Google for an answer, nothing. My pets are sinking into the floor. I have patched my game and have no idea what to do now. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 8:37 PM
Take out your cc and test. If it stops, it's a cc issue.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 9:07 PM
From what I know, pets sinking into the floor is a symptom of a reset caused by an object error. If you don't know the cause of the object error, turn debug mode on by opening the cheat console (CTRL + SHIFT + C) and typing 'boolProp testingcheatsenabled true.' Enter the lot, or replicate what caused the object error and the log should save. It will save in Logs in your The Sims 2 folder. You can find the cause there.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
From what I know, pets sinking into the floor is a symptom of a reset caused by an object error. If you don't know the cause of the object error, turn debug mode on by opening the cheat console (CTRL + SHIFT + C) and typing 'boolProp testingcheatsenabled true.' Enter the lot, or replicate what caused the object error and the log should save. It will save in Logs in your The Sims 2 folder. You can find the cause there.

==
I'm getting that too; and WORSE, Sims are resetting (dropping whatever they are supposed to do, etc) When I had testingcheats on, it listed everything in the house - including SIMS! And the error messages pop up so fast I had a hard time getting out of it! I tried moving 2 glitching families into new houses...it kept happening. And now my attached college hood is doing the same thing. So I'm thinking Custom conflict...Yes?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 3:59 AM
Do you have any of the error logs?