Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 5:34 AM
Files suddenly unreadable - latest version
Hi, currently the game (Seasons version) and Bodyshop won't run at all. (A second-time occurance). The Downloads folder, when first opened after the fault, showed SOME of the files as clean installer, but others were the unknown variety. I closed it and reopened - and suddenly they had all changed to unknown. I reinstalled Clean Installer and they all came back after I'd run it... The game still won't run though. Is there likely to be any link between the two events?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:37 PM Last edited by dinad2610 : 10th Aug 2007 at 1:01 AM.
if you go into my documents/eagames/sims2 and you should see a file that says accessory.cache and group.cache, go ahead and delete those and then try to restart your game. It is always a good thing to delete those every once in awhile. See if that works...with seasons I seem to have to do that more frequently...especially if you have just downloaded a bunch of things or deleted a bunch of things. Hope that helps

Dina
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 3:41 PM
Since installing the Seasons EP (digital download), I have had to delete the groups.cache about 50% of the time before my game will run. Just my support of the advice above.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 12:24 AM
Thanks