Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 6:23 AM
Default Ghost Hunter and Witch Issues
Hello Everyone!

I'm having some issues with the Sims 3 Supernatural Witch and Ambitions for Ghost Hunter.

First a friend of mine and myself both practice witchcraft and belong to a tradition since 1993. I also run my own paranormal investigation group in which she is a part of since 2006.
I started playing Sims 3 back in the end of 2012 when I stumbled upon a hunted mansion screen shot of a sims ghost capture online when I was looking for design ideas for my paranormal group web page redesign.

After seeing the screen shot I decided to play the Sims 3 Ghost Hunter. At first I bought Sims Deluxe (Base Game and Ambitions.) I then bought the Pets and Seasons. Had Mods installed also.
For the whole year of 2013 into 2014 I played the Ghost Hunter game without any issues.

I bought the supernatural pack after I found out it had witches in there, but before I could install that one my laptop decided to start acting up and I backed up all my content. But after getting a new Laptop I got busy and never got chance to reinstall the games.

It was not until back in mid May 2020, I decided to load my purchased Sims 3 onto a $2000 high end gaming pc using a 65” 4K TV. I wanted to show my friend the Ghost Hunter and the Witches since she never seen the game.
So the I installed Sims Deluxe ( Base Game and Ambitions.) I then the Pets, Seasons and the Supernatural this time . Got the Mods back in.

For the Witch >>>> I know there is two ways of her becoming a witch, drink witches brew that you get from Aleisters Alchemy store or create a witch in CAS.
I purchased the Lady Ravendancer Goth book as a bundle. I also have the Alchemy Station. Both Sims have tools.
My fist test Sim was created as human. She is still waiting for the Brew to show up at the store but I have her Reading Spells and doing Alchemy.
My second witch was created as a witch in CAS
At first I took noticed that when I selected witch she did not spin a wand during creation. But it says she is a witch
In the game there is no option to conjure apple or teleport ect. On the Lady Ravendancer Goth book she can read spells but if she trys to summon or enchant it backfires and the popout message on the top right says one must become witch first. I’m Clueless

Ghost Hunter
It says to become a Ghost Hunter one must visit the science lab to apply. This is what I remember doing back in 2013. I click in the lab to send the Sim there but there is not any option for Ghost Hunter. There is a grayed out option to deliver spirits, tour and take classes. I took a class but did not change anything.
I went back to the same town and house in Sunset Valley as I did in 2013. There are ghost floating around as the sim passed one near the Science lab.
Somehow the game has flukes.

Towns I have are Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, Witch Water and Moonlight Falls.
I also took noticed that not all towns have a Science lab or Aleisters Alchemy store.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:25 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Jun 2020 at 11:36 AM.
i would guess that the CAS somewhat had a hiccup and left your Sim as a human so you may have needed to click Witch twice. Witches btw cannot teleport, and conjure apples is available as a self-interaction. They can also play magic, but all other witchy spells (different from spell book's) require a magic wand in their inventory to be available for casting until u purchase Magic Hand LTW).The premium book store shouldn't require to be witch for spells to work succesfully (unless you're using a modify that modifies it and the game actually prompted such message), but you eventually will be able to cast the spell until you practice it enough from the book.

Don't really where you apply for Ghost Huntrr, but you can use the computer and newspaper to find a profession and apply for it when it pops up.

These issues could be rest of some mods possibly.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Don't really where you apply for Ghost Huntrr, but you can use the computer and newspaper to find a profession and apply for it when it pops up.

Yes, my last ghost hunter got her job on the computer. It may show up in newspaper too but I do not check there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 12:04 AM
I found a You Tube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNG71TAJd38

In the video he clicked on the sim after he sent her to a spot and it had Cellphone Conjure Apple, Play With Magic ect .

I click on my Witch Sim I do not have these options. I have Cell Phone, Scan Room Go to Venue With, Go Venue, Go To Rabbithole, Change Outfit, NRass, Disasters and Blessings

I'm not sure if he held a keyboard key to bring up that menu when he clicked on her or my NRass Mod Package is messing it up.

As far as teleport I figured that one out.. In testingcheatsenabled true mode if you click on the ground while holding shift key it will display teleport here. It does work. Not sure in the video about selecting object then getting Teleport here. I click on object I get Delete.

As far as the ghost Hunter Ill keep looking in the paper as if I get if I click on Science lab Become Ghost Hunter if not an option. See Picture

As far as towns I have

SunsetValley has a Science Lab and Aleisters Alchemy store
Moonlight Falls has a Science Lab and Aleisters Alchemy store
Twinbroook Science Lab only
Which Water No Science Lab or Aleisters Alchemy store. Kinda defeats the purpose of the name.
Appaloosa Planes has a Science Lab and Aleisters Alchemy store
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:38 PM
After several days trying to figure out the reason to why I could not get a sim to become a witch even if i would create in in CAS.
I took out my long list of mods one at a time. Reloaded the game each time until til I was able create the witch in CAS to where it displayed the wand. Then tested in the game to play with magic. The Treeag Hidden traits mod is the issue I loaded all the Mods except that one and I can still create the witch.

Not sure what bug is in the Treeag Hidden traits mod, it prevents the sim from becoming a witch.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 8:12 AM
I don't think it's a bug so much as a conflict with another mod you have. You could run Delphy's Dashboard to see where the conflict is. You might prefer to get rid of the mod it's conflicting with rather than the traits mod. But it's also possible that the mod isn't functioning properly if you're on a patch level higher than 1.63, since the mod wasn't updated past that.

Regardless, I wanted to say that if you want access to the hidden traits and the ability to add any number of them to a Sim, a far better way to do it is with NRAAS's MasterController, anyway. (You'll also need its "Cheats" add-on module, available on the same page.) Once you have both of those installed, you click on the Sim you want to alter and go NRAAS > MasterController > Sim Options > Advanced > Traits. At that point, a list of all the traits available in your game, hidden and otherwise, will come up, and you can assign as many of them as you want to the Sim. MasterController also does a ton of other things, of course. I consider it essential, myself.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.