Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Beauty: Idolatry of Flesh Redux

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 2nd Aug 2008 at 10:28 PM

144 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 11:12 AM
mking100 - I have no idea why they're not working for you. If you extracted them and put them in your Downloads folder they should be working fine.

gothic9088 - We have never deleted constructive criticism here - you are mistaken. However, if people have nothing but mean, rude, hurtful comments to say in the guise of constructive criticism, yeah, that would get deleted.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#77 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 8:11 PM
Wow!

I´d also love to have these as defaults.
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 10:48 PM
With all the yakking going on, I just want to say a few things.

I love your old skins, and I still use them as defaults. I love the richness of the texture, and how much better my sims look with them without going the photorealistic route (which creeps me out). My one, and only complaint with them is that the elder face doesn't look old - no wrinkles. I can completely live with that.

I love this new set! They beautifully expand the original skins - I love the facial variety, too. Three thumbs up!

Sims. Playing god and nursmaid at the same time.
Test Subject
#79 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 5:51 PM
These are great, adding realism I want! Only gripe is that on my Computer they are a little speckled but I think it just my computer.

No sig. Dang, you no IMG code rule!
Test Subject
#80 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 4:00 AM
Downloaded these. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#81 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:21 PM Last edited by whitesiren : 13th Aug 2008 at 9:32 PM.
I didn't think I could like skins better than your old Idolatry ones, but here they are! I'm really happy about the work on the face on these.

I will admit I'm a little bummed that they aren't townie friendly or geneticized, but then I look at the faces and bodies and see all the work you've put into them... These are way too good to pass up regardless! Those faces... And you made such a nice wide variety too, thank you thank you thank you!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 7:19 PM
Oh, wow.

I was really excited when you posted your first skintones, because ya know, HP Stuff, got to be good. And they were, in the sense that they were quite detailed and high quality, but... well, you said it yourself: orangey. The color is really important for me. And the faces weren't all I might've hoped for, either, so I sadly deleted them.

Not this time. I *love* these. They're really gorgeous, individual, and beautiful realistic colors. Thank you so much.

Delfine Productions. We care about cute.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 3:38 PM
Thank you HP! I already commented on these but I gotta comment again. You did a beautiful job with these and I have happily downloading callistra's default versions! Your stuff rocks!
Test Subject
#84 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 11:21 PM
Some days ago I was thinking, how hard can it be to make some nice changes to a skin... ...hm I'd guess it's to hard, why bother.
And then I saw your recoulours, Yay This is just what I wanted. I never thought of your old ones as orangey, but now with a comparision, the new ones look better.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:42 AM
Ok, I'm trying these out. Quick question. Am I correct in thinking these haven't been geneticized? I do know how to do that myself, so it doesn't really matter. If I like them well enough I may decide to replace the default replacements I'm currently using too.

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Instructor
#86 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 4:37 AM
I've been using your hair for quite some time but wasn't aware that you also did skins. I recently had a system failure and lost a lot of downloads so came by today to replace those hairs and saw all the other stuff on your home page. Oh my!. I have already downloaded the first set of Idolatry skins plus the defaults and am now in the process of downloading these. I don't know if I will prefer one over the other or not. I like a lot of variety in my skins and have a large selection from various artists, all geneticized. I have found that the really shiny ones don't look as good in my game as the others. I do have one question. In what department of SXS2 would I find that add-on body hair you mentioned?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:53 AM
gothic9088 - They're not straight photoskinned. I spent a lot of time on each face pulling apart the reference photos so everything would match up properly - especially eyelids, nostrils, etc., handpainted areas that needed blending, faded areas that were too photo-y, and blended the whole thing into the base skin. I'm not real big on photoskinning most of the time myself, but I used the details from those to add more detail to my existing skins. Which is the same way I made the originals - used photos, cut into bits, painted and blended and painted and blended. If you have something against photoskinning, fine, but these aren't straight photoskinned and I spent quite a while getting them to work right on different faces without distortion. For someone with no uploads, your comments sure are critical of others' work.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#89 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:07 AM
Hey, love the skintones. Is there any chance you have a link to the male hair by Nouk used in the innuendo screenshot? I looked in Nouk's section on here and couldn't find it. It looks really cool with the skins, and I'd LOVE to have it.

Thanks,
Ben.
Test Subject
#90 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 8:48 PM
i love them! so many pretty colors! :P

ev149 is the new ilikecheeseyoranges
Test Subject
#91 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 7:06 AM
Thanks for the skins
Scholar
#92 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 3:41 AM
Beautiful skins....thank you for sharing them.
Test Subject
#93 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 4:18 PM
Thank you so much for putting hard work into these..they are absolutley gorgeous! I loved your original skins, so when I saw these I was really exited. Keep up the good work; you are very talented.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched...but are felt in the heart. -Helen Keller
Field Researcher
#94 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 8:59 PM
the download was a little long but worth the wait!
thanks so much!

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Test Subject
#95 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 8:00 PM
I'm such a noob. I've just started using custom skintones in my game exclusively, but I'm not sure how they are working. Like...with these skins, will all my sims have the same faces? And, what does genetisized mean exactly? That, the skins can be passed on genetically?

I'm sorry if this comment doesn't belong here, but I REALLY want to download these BEAUTIFUL skins, but I want to know what I'm getting...lol.

HP...I gotta say, I LOVE your stuff. I know if it's an HP creation it's gonna be quality. Thanks so much for all the work you do to make my sims happy!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 8:19 PM
flowingwater - Geneticized means that they don't behave like normal custom skins for breeding.

Normally, custom skins are always dominant over Maxis skins - so if you have one sim that has Maxis skin, and one sim that has custom skin, their offspring will always have that custom skin.

Geneticized skins work differently - so if you have two parents, one with Maxis skin, one with geneticized custom skin, their child can have either skin... and can also potentially have any skintones that share the same genetic value even if it's not one the parents have... or any other geneticized skintones in between the genetic value of the custom skin and the Maxis skin. If done right, this can make for nifty "blending" between skins - rather than a dark parent and light parent always having either a dark or light baby, they can have a mid-tone baby like with Maxis skins. But it can have the unintended result of custom skins cropping up when the parents don't have those skins. So it's good and bad.

Anyway, these aren't geneticized, so you don't have to worry about that.
They're always dominant over Maxis, just like any normal custom skin. And your sims won't have all the same faces unless you give them all the same skin - each skintone has a different face.

And thank you.

#97 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 8:35 PM
HP, can different classes of geneticized skins be declared to be in different "families"/"bins"/whatever, so that they will not crop up [genetically] unless one or both parents has a skin from the same group?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#98 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 8:50 PM
HP,

Thanks so much for the explanation. Now I understand geneticized. My sims will inherit these skins, and if all my sims have custom skins, I'll still get some variety in which skins they inherit, which is great!

Now, onto the faces, you partially answered my question - probably because I wasn't as clear as I could have been.

So, say I give one of my sims your skin in CAS, and I breed that sim with another sim with a custom skin. If the baby has your skin, will its face look exactly like its parent's face? Or will there be some variety because it could inherit facial features from the other parent? (Maybe this is the way all custom skins work - I haven't got far enough in my "all custom skin neighborhood" to know).
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 9:09 PM
GeneralOperationsDirector - No. All genetic skins are pulled from the same pool which includes all custom genetic skins and Maxis skins (or default replacements).

flowingwater - Facial structure is separate from facial texture. A sim who passes on these (or any other) skin to their offspring will end up with a kid with a face that looks like the skin's (though exactly how this works varies - many skins have different texturing for male and female faces). The actual structure of it will vary depending on both parents' faces.

Test Subject
#100 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 2:16 AM
Thanks so much for your explanations, HP! I'm off to download your beautiful skins! :D
Page 4 of 6