Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
EDIT2: I deleted what I previously wrote because I went over the tutorial again, and made sure to do everything right. And this time it does work, so I probably did some step wrong

I am still a little fussy on how to do with pie menu strings, and how to do if I want to add more than one memory with a subject.
1. Pie menu strings. Should the string end in ..., since a new menu is supposed to open when picking the memory?
Example. I want "Had a fight with" to appear under sub-menu "Relationships". Do I wrote that as Relationships/Had a fight with..., or without the ...?
2. Text List. Do I need to add another dialog for each memory, or do I make new lines for each inside the one I added?
3. Dialog. There are two lines, and from how you've written it, it sounds like both lines should be changed. Is that the case?

By looking at the tattered diary, I would say I am only supposed to have one dialog object, and only edit one line for each memory. Is that correct?

1. It doesn't matter. Dialog from text lists will overwrite the strings in Pie Menus so.. you can put it in whatever format you want.
Just make sure that every string in Dialog ends in .../$Object and add all the sub-menus here too.
2-3. No, only one dialog per package and only one string per memory. I'm sorry that I confused you.

Nice going, @gummilutt, looking into the TD for answers
I'm glad to know it worked for you! Have fun and let me know if you need any additional information.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:08 PM
Great, then I know I did it correctly Already have 15 memories made with the new format, and they all work very well. Thanks a lot for taking the time to make the mini-tutorial for it, it's a great edition to an already great creation I tell my Sim stories through the memories, so being able to add things beyond what Maxis gave us really enhances my game.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
#53 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 4:07 AM
Couldn't get past step two because apparently theres [invalid BHAV] in the Plugin View under CT - Add Memory ?? Any help ???
Mad Poster
#54 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 1:06 PM
Take a picture and show us.

Test Subject
#55 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
i kinda... want a copy of some of those memories... XD i don't need them, though... i just like them so much! XD

But I have it in polish language XD If you want to translate I can send you my files
Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 8:04 AM
DiLight I made a lot of memories but on first version of diary. How can I convert it into a new version? It is possible? And can I edit this old memories with "$Subject" option?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Agausia95
DiLight I made a lot of memories but on first version of diary. How can I convert it into a new version? It is possible? And can I edit this old memories with "$Subject" option?

@Agausia95, you can convert and update them to support $Subject, it is possible.
First of all, you'll need to extract all the BHAVs that you created, PieMenu Strings and Functions from your first diary and add them to the new manager (right-click extract, right-click add on files on Resource List panel).
Don't forget to delete PieMenu Strings and Function files that are already there.
Then sort BHAVs by Instance and check - all the instance numbers should be differrent.
If some are not, just find the next Instance number that is not used yet and edit your BHAV instance to match that number.
If you change anything here, don't forget to re-assign these new BHAV Instances in PieMenu Functions.
I think this should do it (since all GUIDs are already in your BHAVs), but let me know whether it worked for you.
Then you can follow the mini-tutorial on adding $Subject.
Test Subject
#58 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 11:26 AM
So...I extract BHAVs. PM S and Functions. All works.

Now I try to make memories with $Subject.

Thanks for Your support
Mad Poster
#59 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:49 PM
I hope you don't mind me coming back to bother you again I was going over the thread on MATY about icons today, and I realized I don't have the ones from Pets, and I can't find any link to them. Do you by any chance have the pet ones?

Alchemist
#60 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 1:18 PM
@gummilutt Is this what you're looking for? If so, I can upload the folder.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#61 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 2:53 PM
@omglo Yes, that's the one! Thank you, that would be awesome

Alchemist
#62 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@omglo Yes, that's the one! Thank you, that would be awesome
@gummilutt Here you go. Unfortunately, I don't remember who originally extracted these. If anyone does, let me know and I'll add a credit to the post.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS2iconsPets.zip (912.7 KB, 50 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#63 Old 10th May 2016 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Agausia95
But I have it in polish language XD If you want to translate I can send you my files

I've never heard polish, i think... Do you have to know it to translate (My stupid mind), or does it translate for you??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 10th May 2016 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
I've never heard polish, i think... Do you have to know it to translate (My stupid mind), or does it translate for you??

@CuteCuteSimChild, the manager's in English by default, but you are able to translate it in your native language via SimPE. You can also create your memories in your language, so there's no need to translate. If you're a native speaker (not Polish, German or English) and would like to help, you can translate the TD in your language, the help is appreciated.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 27th May 2016 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiLight
@CuteCuteSimChild, the manager's in English by default, but you are able to translate it in your native language via SimPE. You can also create your memories in your language, so there's no need to translate. If you're a native speaker (not Polish, German or English) and would like to help, you can translate the TD in your language, the help is appreciated.

Thank You!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 1:20 PM
When I click on CT - Add Memory it says [unknown BHAV] at 0x1....

and then when I click pop up wizard there isn't any "quality" or "exclusive", it's just "unknown" for all of them.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 3:51 PM
That most likely means your SimPE hasn't loaded game resources into cache. There could be two reasons. One is that you use UC and it doesn't know where they are. If you do have UC, and you haven't already made SimPE compatible you will need to do so.

If you have disc versions, try this
1. In the top left corner, click Extra. Then in the drop down menu, preferences.
2. In the pop-up window that opens, on the left there's a tab called FileTable. Click it.
3. You should now see a file table with all the games names and tick boxes next to them, and then advanced settings below. Are all the games you own ticked? If they are, go over the list in advanced and check that all the lines that are ticked have a file path that seems right to you.
4. Once you've checked, untick one of the games in the simple settings-area. Then re-tick it. This will make the button called "Reload" (in the upper right corner of the window) become clickable. Click, and wait. Be patient, it takes a while. You'll know it's done when the lower left corner (below tabs like plugin view and package) is now clear. While it's processing it'll say things.
5. Click ok to close the pop-up window.
6. Now next to Extra that you clicked before, there's one called Tools. In the drop down menu, there's PJSE that opens another drop down menu. Choose Refresh Filetable. And again, you need to be patient. This one takes even longer than Reload.
7. When it's finished, close SimPE.

Once you've done that, try opening memory template again and see if it now looks like it's supposed to

Test Subject
#68 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 8:23 PM
memories available to all ages
Thanks for your work.
If you don't mind, please tell me how to edit the existing memories from tattered diary. I want to make all memories available to all ages (Went to School, Met a Grim Reaper, etc.)
How did you set the age limits?
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AyaneKitsuki
Thanks for your work.
If you don't mind, please tell me how to edit the existing memories from tattered diary. I want to make all memories available to all ages (Went to School, Met a Grim Reaper, etc.)
How did you set the age limits?

solved by editing pie menu functions in diary-mesh
Test Subject
#70 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 12:55 PM
Default Default Tattered Diary - How to make Custom Memories
So, I have found the tutorial (https://modthesims.info/showthread....5#startcomments) and have found that maybe I have a more up to date version of Sim PE from when it was written. Is there a more up to date tutorial or perhaps a video, I cant find anything on google. Or even another way to make custom memories now?

Main things I couldn't figure out: part I step 2 " Click on tiny icon of Pop-up Wizard"?
whole of part II - add GUID? "18) Hit tiny Pop-up Raw Entry Box "?
I got up to this part and then had to stop, really unsure if I'm doing this correctly at all.

Any assistance or links would be really appreciated.

Thank you
Theorist
#71 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 3:57 PM Last edited by topp : 25th Aug 2022 at 2:30 PM.
The buttons circled in red should be of interest. The left one is pop-up wizard, and the right one is the raw entry one.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#72 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 2:12 AM
Default Possible Issue with Pie String and Action BHAV
So I've followed every step, but when I try to use the object (Memory Manager) in game, the memory is not being added to my sim's memories.

Here's a screenshot of where I think the issue is happening...

The Pie String ID and Action BHAV didn't change and I'm not sure how to fix this. I only know a little about SimPE so if anyone can help me figure this step out I'd appreciate it!
Screenshots
Theorist
#73 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 2:30 PM
Click the little black triangle next to Action BHAV and from list of BHAVs, select the one you made for adding that memory. The 0x0000 should change to some sensible numbers. Don't forget to click Commit File button (on the left hand side, next to the "Format 0x00000055".
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Click the little black triangle next to Action BHAV and from list of BHAVs, select the one you made for adding that memory. The 0x0000 should change to some sensible numbers. Don't forget to click Commit File button (on the left hand side, next to the "Format 0x00000055".

It worked! Thank you so much, I was stuck on this for a while!
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 5:30 PM
After following all of the other steps and even adding a second memory to the object, I put it in my downloads and started up the game. I placed the object on a wall and then selected it, both memories appeared, but when I clicked on them, they didn't create a memory. Does anyone know why this has happened? I have checked everything several times and I can't find a problem with anything I've done; it matches up with what was written in the tutorial.
Page 3 of 4