Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 5:56 PM
Default Collectables: how do play with it them? Or shall sell them for better profit?
As they pile up my inventory, I would like to some kind of stradegy or whatever of selling them for better profit. What can I do with various emotional crystal flowers? do I smell iron or sell it right off? What happens if I analyze Gigantic Space Rock? What can i do with sunstone and moonstone? Is there anything special about Vampire fish?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 8:01 PM
Inventor
#3 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What can I do with various emotional crystal flowers?

The crystal flowers are used for TRAIT CHIPS.

do I smell iron or sell it right off?

To get the best value you should create 5 pieces of INGOT of five different metals, put them in the transfiguration display (World Adventures) and the result will be Supernovium. It can be sold for up to 80,000 simoleons.

What happens if I analyze Gigantic Space Rock?

It generally increases the value of the rock.

What can i do with sunstone and moonstone?

Those are used for alchemy potions. The sunstone is used for the alchemy potion to turn Sims into Fairies, and the moonstone is used for the alchemy potion that transforms Sims into werewolves.

Is there anything special about Vampire fish?

It's one of the three most valuable fish, along with the Robot and Deathfish.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 2:36 AM
I would set up a community lot as a museum/tourist trap, and slowly fill it up with collectables.

The remainder can be sold!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 3:08 AM Last edited by igazor : 1st Mar 2020 at 11:10 AM.
Has anyone tried to figure out just who is buying all of that crap that our sims sell and where their money came from? I mean, sim worlds are meant to be representative of larger municipalities, but even so they aren't that large. If you sell millions of simoleons of anything, whether it be potatoes or radioactive gems, that should flood the market, the prices per unit will plummet, those who were holding onto these things to enjoy their value or live off of their sale at some future time would find them then to be relatively worthless, and panic will ensue. That kind of thing has to have a negative impact on the world's economy; between that and money growing on trees it's amazing the whole structure hasn't collapsed yet. Farms will also fail since no one will want to grow worthless crops, thus leading to the grocery store shelves being empty at least until such time as food synthesizers and nutrition cubes take over. I would be less concerned with collecting generally and more with hoarding bottled water, decontamination tablets, canned goods, music boxes (don't know why my sims always wish for one, but it happens often enough for this to seem important), and other necessities for when it becomes required to retreat into a sealed off underground bunker, the only place that will be safe once the economic apocalypse strikes.

In the case of radioactive gems and huge space rocks, I've heard it said that it's the government that buys those. But that leads one to question what nefarious purposes they have in mind and why they have a never-ending appetite for this junk to begin with, again best contemplated further while being safely sealed off at least ten stories underground.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
The crystal flowers are used for TRAIT CHIPS.

Do they provide any advantages of you harness or imbue them to someone?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.