Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

EP compatible - Medieval fairgrounds set (12pieces) Recolourable

by Brasstex Posted 24th Mar 2005 at 7:53 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2005 at 10:03 PM by Brasstex

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 173 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 8:46 PM
Oooh, very nice!

яαcћεℓℓε<3
Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 8:39 AM
WAHOOOOO!

Now my gypsies can go shopping!

3/31-4/1: I survived The Great Llama Day of 2006

"Flaming sims aren't much fun, they don't come when you call, they don't even try." - Iscariot on sim+firejet=?
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 11:02 PM
It looks really nice I havent tried it yet because im a yettie

Life is not a dress rehearsal
Field Researcher
#154 Old 3rd May 2006 at 8:31 PM
oh dear...i found a small problem >.<

the produce bins with wheels started acting up on me....not sure if it was the OfB expansion or the family fun pack, but since i installed one of them (i didnt have the set when i installed OfB, it never gave me the problem from S2 or Uni or even Nightlife as far as i know....and i only re-installed the fairground after adding the FFP)

when i had the wheeled produce bins installed, this is what they did...
i could only place them with the move objects on cheat enabled, otherwise they became red out and were not even snaping to the grid.
when i had them on my lot, any sim that i sent to the lot would get 'Stuck on the Way to Work' Simdrome...the lot would load so af, then just stick, but it would look like it was still loading....
once i took them out of the lot, replaced them with the recols of the produce bins (the ones without the wheels) and deleated the wheeled ones from my game, the lot was useable again.

as i said, i am unsure about wheter its an OfB thing or a FamilyFunPack thing....
if you find yourself having a similar problem, take the wheeled produce bins out of the lot, and hopefully, your lot should load up again....

damn ah well, at least the rest of the fayre items seem to be ok....
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 6th May 2006 at 7:20 AM
I'm having the same problem with the carts and OFB (not FFS). I had to take out the carts also. Soooo sad!

i've massacred my manicure, (am i poisoned flesh?)
and made a mess, (a sweet caress)
of morning light to midnight.
Forum Resident
#156 Old 6th May 2006 at 8:48 AM
huh, interesting. Has anyone tried to reinstall the set on the chance that the mesh became corrupt?
I really don't know what would cause this one mesh to behave oddly if the one without wheels does work. I don't know enough about how the mesh was made to attempt a fix.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 7th May 2006 at 5:43 AM
I re-downloaded the carts and will test them again soon. I took out all three carts, so I don't know if it was only the wheeled ones. Is there any reason there are ten packages for these three items? How many recolors were there? Thanks for your quick reply!

Forum Resident
#158 Old 7th May 2006 at 9:23 AM
The base texture for the produce and the cart is seperate. I know the onion bag recolor is added, and i think there's a weathered wood look too. What happened was that the original color wood had to be offered as a recolor option because the "veggie" cart mesh is linked to the original produce stand in the game. That wood recolor is actually for the game mesh. I did the onion bag for all 3 peices, and there is a second wood option also.
So for these 3 peices you have the original mesh (2 of which have a unique wood texture), one set of 3 package files for the onion bag, and one set of my second wood texture, for 9 package files. Then to make a match for the final peice there's an original mesh recolor.
gee, I hope that is understandable.

Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Lab Assistant
#159 Old 10th May 2006 at 4:13 AM
It makes sense. Just wanted to make sure they were all supposed to be there, and there wasn't an extra one causing the problem. I haven't had a chance to try them separately, but I'll get to it as soon as I can. Thanks!

Lab Assistant
#160 Old 17th May 2006 at 1:14 PM
i had a problem with the food cart .... whenever i tryed to place it, it crashed my game back to windows .... i have all eps and sps installed could this be the prob?? either way i just had to take it out
all the other stuff is fantastic are you making any more stuff on this theme?
Test Subject
#161 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 10:46 PM
This will be great in my medieval downtown!

Words of Wisdom:
Human stop think when he(she) stop read...
Old habits die hard...
The more you get, the more you want...
If you want a thingdone well, do it yourself...
Test Subject
#162 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 9:48 AM
I love it! thanks! *downloading* :D

Red Roses of truth
Black roses of awareness
Yellow roses of happiness
Pink roses of.... ItsMe!
Forum Resident
#163 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 1:32 AM
I had trouble with the food carts as well. I had to remove them. They didn't crash my game because I have a very good PC, but they gave me an object error.
Test Subject
#164 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 2:43 AM
This is nice. Keep up the good job.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 9:37 AM
*downloads* Me like-y much! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 5:32 PM
cool, thanks
Test Subject
#167 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:08 AM
huh?
i downloaded the items & they showed up in my game, but whenever i try to add the grocery carts a box appears saying that it wont work with 'cancel', 'restart', & 'delete' underneath. i got past it eventually but when i tried to get a family on the lot the box came up again & would go away until i pressed delete. when it loaded after that the grocery carts were gone.
any idea why??
thanks xx
Test Subject
#168 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 6:02 AM
None of the stuff is showing in my game. I had it before but since I put in Pets it's disappeared. Everythings enabled and I took out the other downloads in case of a conflict but no go. I love this stuff so if anyone had advice I'd appreciate it.
Field Researcher
#169 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 8:54 PM
^This is a fantastic set, but I've also been having problems since installing Pets. When I make a community lot using these objects:

1) Some of the objects don't appear. I've checked through all my buyable objects, but can't find the tents and obstacle course anywhere.

2) The other objects can be set in place, but when I exit and try to use the lot in gameplay, it gets to the loading screen and stays there. They're not particularly big community lots so I don't think it's because of my computer, and other Maxis-made community lots load just fine.

I adore having a medieval comm lot for my sims (they're all doing their shopping in downtown now >.<), so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Instructor
#170 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 3:00 PM
that's sweet man thanks for this!
Test Subject
#171 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 3:34 AM
where can i find these objects?

An upsidedown shaped triangle banner
A large entrance banner that says "fair"
An Arrow target with backing
A large 4 pole tent
A burlap awning
A fence like barricade
Forum Resident
#172 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xienta84
where can i find these objects?

An upsidedown shaped triangle banner
A large entrance banner that says "fair"
An Arrow target with backing
A large 4 pole tent
A burlap awning
A fence like barricade

Look in build mode: columns.

Test Subject
#173 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 10:10 PM
thanks i found them myself. thanks for the help though.
Test Subject
#174 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 1:41 AM
Fantastic set. I have been looking for items such as this. Thank you for sharing your creations.
Test Subject
#175 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 10:55 PM
I'm glad to find I'm not the only one who can't use the wheeled food baskets. I'm SORRY to not be able to use 'em, but at least I know it's a common problem, and not just that my game hates me.

Apart from the wagon, I love everything in this set. Couldn't be more excited about it, thankyou!

Has anyone tried re-cloning the wagon from a post-OFB or post-Pets food bin? I might have to go get SimPE and a meshing program again and give it a go. I really want that cart!
Page 7 of 8