Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 10:59 AM Last edited by auntielynds : 24th Oct 2013 at 7:46 PM.
Default Monte Vista Textures, Roads, Height Map, ini & Colour Ramps
Textures:

Roads:

Height Map:

DT Placement:
X 378.1761
Y 20
Z 990.955933

Y 0
Z 0
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Monte Vista Textures.7z (5.65 MB, 4985 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Monte Vista Height Map.7z (3.74 MB, 1928 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Monte Vista ini & Colour Ramps.7z (11.9 KB, 1978 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 6:33 PM Last edited by simsample : 26th Dec 2012 at 7:09 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Thanks Auntielynds
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 6:49 AM
How would I go about getting the textures to work in game?

I don't use custom content in my downloads unless I believe it is really necessary.
Please do not claim my work as your own.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 1:38 PM
Elfykins, these are just textures, which CAW can use but the game cannot. To make these into in-game terrain paints, you'd need to clone a game terrain paint and import these textures. Some detail here, although I can't find a tutorial with pictures:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=461469
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 9:31 AM
Default Need Help .....
Can somebody help me in regard with placing these files .............. I don't exactly know where to place these ini colour ramp files ..... i am new so i am still trying ...thnx
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:17 PM
No problem.

There are two ways to use the ini & color ramps.

1. Import the files directly into your .world file using s3pe. The drawback to this method is the ini files will drop out after you save the world the first time in caw.

Instructions:
You will need s3pe. Download here:
s3pe Package Editor at Simlogical

Open your.world file in s3pe. You will find it in:
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Create a World/UserToolData/Worlds
Click on "Resources", and import the ini files into your .world file, and save.

2. Use the Config folder method which is much better in my opinion. The ini files never drop out no matter how many time you save, so you can always see the effects in caw. You just need to make a Config folder, and place it in your world folder. Rename the ini files, and drop them in. Full instructions here:
CAW resource packaging routines
and a bit here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=503278
Screenshots
Instructor
#7 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 4:35 AM
As far as my knowledge goes, the textures do not require you to have Monte Vista while the DT requires?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 8:14 AM
Yes, that's correct.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 9:51 PM
I hope this isn't a stupid question, I do have Monte Vista installed and I have downloaded the Unpopulated CAW files from Cawster with the idea of making a few minor tweaks to the world but I cant find the distant terrain anywhere, Cawster just links back here, I'm sure I read somewhere that MTS can't host the distant terrain so I was hoping someone might know where I can find it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Burn2ash
I hope this isn't a stupid question, I do have Monte Vista installed and I have downloaded the Unpopulated CAW files from Cawster with the idea of making a few minor tweaks to the world but I cant find the distant terrain anywhere, Cawster just links back here, I'm sure I read somewhere that MTS can't host the distant terrain so I was hoping someone might know where I can find it.

Cawster just needs to update their pages with the store world DT's. Check back in a day or so.