Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Twinbrook Objects in World Editor Catalog And Create-A-World

by GiLaNg Posted 4th Sep 2010 at 8:34 PM - Updated 5th Sep 2010 at 1:15 PM by GiLaNg

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 9:41 PM
This is fantastic, thank you!
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 9:48 PM
Nice ! It took me a night too to discover what field you have to edit in order for items to show up in World Edit.

Quote: Originally posted by GiLaNg
This mod will conflict with any other mod that alter OBJD data for these objects. But AFAIK, it will run well with Sims_MX's The Sims 3 Categorizer, which I believe he/she didn't include any of these object inside his/her mod.

They will be uncomptaible in my next update as I'm adding this to my recategorizer. I also included the billboards, traffic signs, some Riverview stuff, etc.

Note: By this, I do not mean your upload. I already made my versions, which should be the same anyways.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 10:08 PM Last edited by GiLaNg : 4th Sep 2010 at 10:24 PM.
Yeah. Actually I also planned to add Riverviews object in the future. But if you created it first, then go on.

I haven't list all objects which don't show up in CAW which should be made shown in World Editor catalog. The only object set I know is Twinbrook object. Perhaps next time, or you first

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 10:50 PM
Ohhh, this is amazing! Thanks a lot, GiLaNg Such a great addition to the game.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 11:43 PM
THank you I was just asking around if anyone could make traintrack. I had thought maybe making it from sidewalk terrain. Again Thank you
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 3:04 AM
Thankyou So Much!

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 5:37 AM
Woot! Awesome job! Now I just need to go and get Ambitions :D
Theorist
#9 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 10:09 AM
Thank you so much, I've been wanting to put railroad tracks in my other neighborhoods for a while now!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 4:14 PM
THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Now, wait... what happends if I put train tracks in my world, export it and give the world to somebody else who never uses any downloads... will he/she still see the train tracks as they are actually EA content? If so, this would even be super-awesome!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 4:58 PM
Yeah! That's right! I've told you in the description. I've tried it and it works like charm! :D

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 8:37 AM
Brilliant! This is just what I was looking for. Thanks, GiLaNg!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 8:46 PM
I'm sorry to be a bother, but could you go into greater detail? The packages folder goes into the Create a World folder that is in the program files, right? And the resource.cfg, you just add that bit at the end of the current resource.cfg, or does it replace something else? I would really love to be able to have these items for my world, and I am so glad that someone was able to figure out how to do it! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 2:27 AM
I've told in the overview to append those lines on the existing Resource.cfg inside the create-a-world program files folder. Do not replace or remove existing value inside Resource.cfg which I believe will mess with your CAW. It's better to just put those lines at the end of the file.

GiLaNg
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 9:50 PM
Ok, thank you for your reply. I can't alter my resource.cfg anyway, it won't let me. But thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 9:25 AM
Yeah it is because the Resource.cfg is on Program Files folder. You should move/copy the Resource.cfg to somewhere first (i.e: My Documents), alter it, then replace the Resource.cfg inside the Program Files folder.

GiLaNg
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 6:28 PM
you are my hero!
it's so crazy they never add that to CAW...
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 6:28 PM
Awesome!!!
Plz, plz need a new bridge from Barnacle Bay!
http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-386-229.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 7:15 PM
that is great! I need some clarifications though (natural blonde here)
I copy the usual cfg i have in my games folder and add the lines you posted and then paste that in a newly created package folder in my CAW folder right? And those objects will show up in Metadata after that? or they are only accessible in EIG ? Becuase i never use EIG due to the fps issue.
I also agree with se-tka. I'd love the all BB items in my CAW as well and not only the bridge.
I hope when LN comes it wil add the new items to CAW, and we won't have to go throught this again for LN objects
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by geminia
that is great! I need some clarifications though (natural blonde here)
I copy the usual cfg i have in my games folder and add the lines you posted and then paste that in a newly created package folder in my CAW folder right? And those objects will show up in Metadata after that? or they are only accessible in EIG ? Becuase i never use EIG due to the fps issue.

They will show up in CAW metadata/catalog.

GiLaNg
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 3:53 AM
This is great, but I was hoping you could tell us exactly which OBJK unknowns you changed (and how, with what values). I have a few custom items I'd like to see in CAW, too...
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GiLaNg
They will show up in CAW metadata/catalog.

Thanx! :D

"Do what you please and do it now...'cause time won't wait.... The end of all things might be tomorrow.. You never know what's gonna come... Life is yours to live, just live it the best way you can"
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:01 PM
Hm... somehow this won't work for me anymore after I have updated CAW to the Late Night Patch.

Nevermind. I just had to alter the resource.cfg again. Yay!

Now I hope people will figure out soon how to use the LN skyscraper shells...

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 12:05 AM
Hey- posted a thanks on another thread, the one about your large world, and then decide to come here with a few questions, if you don't mind. . . what is an OBJK, can I copy the resource.cfg to my desktop and make these changes? Does my BaXim tunable core mod conflict with this? Can a computer moron (me) pull this off? I always feel entirely over my head. Thanks again. . . your world map...formidable!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 8:15 AM
OBJK is a resource type in The Sims 3 package. It defines the object catalog attributes such as catalog type, room type, etc, and defines other things too which I don't really know :p.

Of course you can copy the Resource.cfg to desktop, modify it, then replace the original Resource.cfg inside the CAW program folder. Sometimes it has a user-privilege issues which prevent the editor to save the modification of Resource.cfg.

This mod will only conflict with another mod which alter this objects OBJK data which AFAIK no such mod exist in MTS except this one. Any core mod won't conflict this mod.

GiLaNg
Page 1 of 3