Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#551 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 12:38 AM
Well, I play on a laptop and apparently laptops only have a graphics chip, not a card, and so it's inadequate from the beginning. The white ground with red/blue lines/numbers happened completely randomly, and it was actually a complete system restore that fixed the issue (I was having some problems with freezing and stuff), so maybe it was something deeper I couldn't figure out
Advertisement
Site Helper
#552 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
apparently laptops only have a graphics chip, not a card
Correction: Some laptops only have a graphics chip. Some desktops only have a graphics chip. Some laptops and some desktops have discrete graphics cards.
Lab Assistant
#553 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 7:03 PM
Way back when I played my first Legacy challenge, my Sim (named DNA Genetics) was simultaneously fired and promoted. I picked the wrong chance card option; the game declared he was fired as a result, but at the same time a notification box popped up saying a friend had pulled strings, and he was promoted. Then another box popped up saying he'd reached the top of the "DNA Genetics" career, rather than the criminal career he was actually employed in. When I looked at the career tab, it also claimed he was at the top of the "DNA Genetics" career; although I can't remember any other details, I think it shared pay/hours with the top of the criminal career.
Instructor
#554 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 1:24 AM
I've had stuff stuck to sims before, but this surprised me because last night when I quit the game, Aaliyah was just fine, merrily playing chess and minding her own business. Just now, I opened up the household and Aaliyah was in the same spot, but had a flower vase stuck to her head!
Field Researcher
#555 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 7:06 PM
I'm still developing my new custom hood Springvale. The Goldmanns (name chosen by the game) have explored the community lot that I created today. Everything was fine until they returned back home - the water in their swimming pool was flashing red in diamond-shaped waves I waited until the taxi was gone, then saved and switched to neighbourhood screen. When I entered the lot, the water was back to normal
Scholar
#556 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 7:31 PM
I must admit I've hardly ever had glitches, so pretty much everything shocks me...
But lately something weird is happening: when a phone call is ended, sometimes (not always) the person who was at the other end of the line suddenly appears in the lot.
Link Ninja
#557 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 8:29 PM
^Yeah that happens to me too. I just play it off as they invited themselves over during the phone conversation.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#558 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
^Yeah that happens to me too. I just play it off as they invited themselves over during the phone conversation.

Glad to know that's just a glitch as I have that problem also. One Sim always invites herself in and goes straight to the hot tub. I don't even know she's there. She'll stay there until I finally notice and have a Sim ask her to leave.

A funny thing happened on my way to play Bon Voyage...Having just installed it, I found my Sims apparently on every lot,( I checked on several) were disrobed. What do you say to the paperboy while standing on your patio with nothing on but your undies?
All my Sims possessed Anoska's (sp) free wardrobe. But that item, and only that item, had been removed from each Sim's inventory. Of course all the pets were inside the carpet. Haven't even played the game yet and I see problems, some new, some old.
Mad Poster
#559 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sarah's jones
A funny thing happened on my way to play Bon Voyage...Having just installed it, I found my Sims apparently on every lot,( I checked on several) were disrobed. What do you say to the paperboy while standing on your patio with nothing on but your undies?

All my Sims possessed Anoska's (sp) free wardrobe. But that item, and only that item, had been removed from each Sim's inventory. Of course all the pets were inside the carpet. Haven't even played the game yet and I see problems, some new, some old.

Wait, the pets were inside the carpet ... what?

My Sims always greet the newspaper boy in their underwear. One sim recently liked his pyjamas so much that he didn't even change out of them to go Downtown.
Lab Assistant
#560 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

My Sims always greet the newspaper boy in their underwear. One sim recently liked his pyjamas so much that he didn't even change out of them to go Downtown.

Thanks for the early morning laugh!
Yeah, pets always end up in the carpet. cement, or tiles. That's almost a given. They come out from the depths as soon as you start playing.
I will have to bath all of my Sims in order to get them out of their skivvies or undies. I suppose a closet or dresser will do. I will miss Anoska's (sp) wonderful closet.
Mad Poster
#561 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 1:31 PM
That sounds like you're not patched, Jones. You want to be patched, trust me!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#562 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

You're lucky they're in their underwear. I do believe a certain mod is having a little fun with me, because my Sims seem to like to get nekkid sometimes when they exercise, if I'm not paying attention and tell 'em to get their clothes on because naked ballet is not an option. And honestly, Sim folks, you do NOT need to jog without a stitch on in the middle of winter.

From what I've read, this is a common glitch with this mod, and isn't a cause for concern. It is a cause for amusement, though.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#563 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:57 PM
Pets in the flooring is a reset thing. That's where Alex's puppy ended up when I forced error on him to get him detached from Alex after they got off the school bus. Installing a new expansion always causes a reset. So does installing a (whole lot of?) mod, unless you have Pescado's no reset hack. Which, if your pets are always in the carpet, I highly recommend.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#564 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Pescado's no reset hack

I don't know of that one, is there another secret stash somewhere, other than the Director's cut?
Mad Poster
#565 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 5:01 PM
You know, there is (but not sure where, or if it still exists, but there was once a test stash). However, this wasn't one of those, I don't think. I can't see it in the mod names, so maybe it's rolled into something else?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#566 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 6:08 PM
Oh, right, fat Gwilly people or something
Rolled into: that must be it, sounds like him.
Thank you!
Test Subject
#567 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 11:37 PM
Those demon babies with super long fingers and crawl like bugs,,,, OH MY JELLO THEY ARE SCARRY
Mad Poster
#568 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
And honestly, Sim folks, you do NOT need to jog without a stitch on in the middle of winter.

It's all fun and games until someone gets frostbite on a certain part of their anatomy. XD
Theorist
#569 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 2:36 AM
I once had an otherwise normal pet go into the floor and stay there. I learned how to generate an error log, and the problem turned out to be a cactus I'd placed next to the sink using moveobjects. I moved the cactus, the pet came unstuck, and no more problems.

But if it's an every single time thing, that probably needs a patch or a fix.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#570 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 6:52 PM
A toddler with the body of a child (my hood was getting reading to blow up). I'm glad I took pictures, movie too; I played it into a story..."Poor little Johnny was a "special needs" child, but daddy was willing to change his diaper and feeding him a bottle. Putting him in the high chair didn't work out."

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#571 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 12:14 AM
I created a new person, and i decided to put back "free will" on family. He was standing outside, I was about to learn how to use the poseboxes, but he didn't come any closer. In the inside of his trailer dump, the bar was making drinks by itself. That happened five times before I deleted it, but then he popped into the house without using the door and began drinking juice. I realized then that it was the free will. It freaked me out, the cups moving by themselves though.
Lab Assistant
#572 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That sounds like you're not patched, Jones. You want to be patched, trust me!

You are of course correct - no patch yet initiated for BV, and no corrective downloads (like the corrective d.l. to fix the hotel maid problem) done yet either. That's next on the agenda.
I am still figuring out the best approach for getting a suitable nanny for all my Sim pets! I don't want to experience a nanny from he-il who has a penchant for constantly throwing cats in the air.

And I'm still trying to figure out how Maxis removed all my closets from each Sim inventory bin, and why.
Following advice given here at MTS, I segregated downloads and sure enough Anoeska's Wardrobe of Wonders was causing a glitch in my game (couldn't use boolProp) -the same item Maxis deleted from all my Sim's inventory.
Go figure. I can use it now but it's real laggy.
Can you imagine all the Simmers playing BV without the help of MTS advice and downloads?
Lab Assistant
#573 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 8:54 PM
Dustin and Cassandra's wedding party turned into a miserable one because none of the guests could reach the toilet (there were three in the house, nothing was blocking). So everyone went home within an hour! I checked later, everyone could use the bathroom, also guests who are invited.. Hmm weird..
Test Subject
#574 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by princesshaichu
Various face issues.

This is but one of the millions of manifestations of it should I blast my graphics too high e_e; fortunately I should be upgrading to a better graphics card tonight!

That always happen to me 😀
Lab Assistant
#575 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElenaCarin
I created a new person, and i decided to put back "free will" on family. He was standing outside, I was about to learn how to use the poseboxes, but he didn't come any closer. In the inside of his trailer dump, the bar was making drinks by itself. That happened five times before I deleted it, but then he popped into the house without using the door and began drinking juice. I realized then that it was the free will. It freaked me out, the cups moving by themselves though.

That sounds like a bug, but not one that came about as a result of having free will on. Free will in itself doesn't cause jump bugs or similar.
Page 23 of 25