Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Debug Console Command Enabler (Updated July 6th, 2009)

by Rick Posted 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:47 AM - Updated 16th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM by Srikandi

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 260 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:20 AM
Cool. As soon as I get my copy, I'm gonna play with this. Thank you.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:56 AM
What a huge list! Don't yet have the game and enjoy it in advance.
Please,I have a question : Does "storyprogression" mean that we'll be able to stop free will of a family when we are not playing with it ?
Thank you so much for your hard work.Big hugs.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:30 PM
Could you post the usage of each command? Or it is already posted somewhere????

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:38 PM
Nice! By the way, is there any way to exit this? Because I haven't figured it out yet. I end up typing quit and then canceling.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GiLaNg
Could you post the usage of each command? Or it is already posted somewhere????
This includes normal commands too, but sure:

Game commands:

testingCheatsEnabled - Usage: testingCheatsEnabled [true|false]. Enables/disables testing cheats.
SaveSimAsLooseFile - Sets the save sim mode. Usage: SaveSimAsLooseFile [true|false] or [1|0] (default is false)
ExportAsEAContent - Exports content as EA content. Usage: ExportAsEAContent [true|false] or [1|0] (default is false)
ExportAsPaidContent - Exports content as Paid content. Usage: ExportAsPaidContent [true|false] or [1|0] (default is true)
ShowInteractions - Shows the names of the interactions above all the Sims' heads
Select - Select a particular sim
ShowMoreSocials - Shows 'More...' socials if some do not fit on the top menu
quit - Exits the game
RefreshDnP - Re-loads static Dreams and Promises data
DnPOutputPrimitives - outputs all DnP primitives so that they can be pasted into the dreamNames enum
AssertOnRetestingDnPNodes - Sets the game to assert if the DnP System removes a node when it retests the visible ones
ToggleStringId - Shows the string key after localized text
TriggerShareTutorial - Triggers the sharing tutorialette
RefreshOpportunities - Re-loads static opportunities data
SetHouseholdName - Sets the localization key for the active household's name
SetHouseholdDescription - Sets the localization key for the active household's description
ResetLifetimeHappiness - Resets the lifetime happiness of all the sims in the active household
dialogs - Usage: dialogs [on|off]. Enables/disables dialogs, for soak testing.
spawnerwarnings - Usage: spawnerwarnings [on|off]. Enables/disables 'spawned object proximity warning' dialogs.
DisposeInvalidSimDesc - Deletes all Sim Descriptions that are missing required outfits. Use with caution.
jokePlease - Prints a random joke to the console

World commands:

kaching - Adds $1000 to active household funds
motherlode - Adds $50000 to active household funds
enablellamas - Usage: enableLlamas [on|off]
hideHeadlineEffects - Usage: hideHeadlineEffects [on|off]. Shows or hides talk/thought balloons above Sim heads
resetDnP - resets the dreams and promises manager of the currently selected sim, using -all will reset all sims in current house's DnP managers
resetSim - Usage: resetSim <firstname> <lastname>. Returns Sim to a safe, neutral state at their home location
familyFunds - Usage: familyFunds <household_name> <amount>. Sets family funds of named household
speed - Usage: speed <0-4>. Sets game speed. 0 = paused, 4 = ultra speed through current action
ageuptonpc - Usage: ageUpToNPC. Toggles option for toddler who is aging up to be a non-player-controlled Sim in the household
maptags - Usage: mapTags [on|off]. Toggles map tags on and off. This is most noticeable in Map View
cleanhouseholds - Cleans up non-instantiated Sims in all households (except for the Service household)
piemenu - pie menu utilities
lifetimehappiness - Adds 50000 spendable lifetime happiness points to the selected sim.
lookat - only [on/off] - only run lookats for the actor currently selected. scores [on/off] - display lookat scores
killplantableobjects - Deletes all ingredients and plantable non-ingredients in the world.
refreshmotives - Refreshes motives if they have got corrupted
refreshhouseholdthumbnails - [s,m,l,xl,all] Refreshes all of the world's household thumbnails
refreshlotthumbnails - [s,m,l,xl,all] [roof] Refreshes all of the world's lot thumbnails
refreshsimthumbnails - [s,m,l,xl,all] Refreshes all of the world's sim thumbnails
sacsdump - dump managed sacs data
playobjectsound - Plays the given audio clip as a positional sound on the active Sim
stopobjectsounds - Kills all object sounds started by playobjectsound
esrbchecks - [all|clothing|children] [on|off] turns periodic ESRB violation checks on or off. Assumes all if type omitted. Toggles if on/off omitted.
loginteractions - Logs all interactions on all Sims to the InteractionQueue channel.
findsimwithoutfit - [instanceId] Finds Sim with given outfit
showbroadcast - Toggles debug draw of all gameplay broadcasters. Usage: showbroadcast
showwalkdist - Toggles debug draw of walk style ranges. Usage: showwalkdist
zoom - Camera zooms to the specified object id.
storyprogression - Sets the story progression mode. Usage: storyprogression <Disabled|Enabled|Accelerated>
meta - Toggles debug display of meta/local (for autonomy debugging). Usage: meta
debuglots - Toggles debug display of lots (for meta-autonomy debugging). Usage: debuglots
worldbuilderimport - Imports character data from a spreadsheet that is passed in as the first parameter
worldbuilderoutput - Will output the information about the current world needed for the worldbuilder spreadsheet
SaveUniform - Saves out parts of the current outfit
LoadUniform - Overlay current sim with named uniform
DeleteAllObjects - Deletes objs of given type. Use: DeleteAllObjects [FullTypeName,Assembly] Ex:DeleteAllObjects Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Toys.Football,Sims3GameplayObjects
exterminate - Kills <count> random Sims.
spawn - Creates <count> random Sims.
debugSocial - true/false turns social debugging on and off
killobject - Deletes a game object. Usage: killobject <object id>
routedebuglog - Toggles the route debug log on/off. You can also turn it off or on explictly by passing parameter "on" or "off". Usage: routedebuglog ["on" or "off"]
DisplayLotPackageFileName - on/off - switches lot tooltips on and off
money - Sets family funds of the selected Sim. Usage: 'money' gives $1000000, 'money <number>' gives $number.
purgegenealogy - Purges distant genealogy relations
logobjects - Logs all objects on the current or specified lot. Usage: logobjects [lot]
stressreset - Stresses resetting an object. Usage: stressreset [objectId]
resetservicenpctraits - Iterates through the current service NPC sims and resets their traits. Usage: resetservicenpctraits
babyboom - Adds a baby and a toddler to every household in the world.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sonira
Nice! By the way, is there any way to exit this? Because I haven't figured it out yet. I end up typing quit and then canceling.
Press ESC to close the console.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM
I have place the package file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 but when I type in any of the commands I get the unknown command message. Did I place it in the right place or should I place it somewhere else?
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruscount
I have place the package file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 but when I type in any of the commands I get the unknown command message. Did I place it in the right place or should I place it somewhere else?
In your case, the package file goes in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, and you need the Resource.cfg in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:03 PM
I wonder if "resetSim" will get a kidnapped toddler (bug) back home. I asked for a friend.

Thanks for this mod, Rick.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:17 PM
How the debug console work?
I have a big problem with my game.
I can't open the cheat console...
Somebody have the same problem?
Thanks a lot
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by razorbacks
How the debug console work?
I have a big problem with my game.
I can't open the cheat console...
Somebody have the same problem?
Thanks a lot
I've seen it mentioned that there may be something running that uses the ctrl+shift+c hotkey and it prevents the game from seeing it, perhaps that could be it?
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:32 AM
Do you have an HP computer? If so take the HP Health check and make an icon on your desktop and right click and chose properities and the hotkey is ctrl+alt+c delete it and your cheat console will work...had the same problem with the sims 2.
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:02 AM
Where in the buy/build catalog should the laptop show up? I cannot find it anywhwere!
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WadeSimMiser
Where in the buy/build catalog should the laptop show up? I cannot find it anywhwere!
Is this a joke? This mod doesn't add a laptop to the game.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:58 AM
why can't I get it to work?I put package file in Mods and .cfg in Sims 3 as inQuote:
Originally Posted by ruscount

In your case, the package file goes in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, and you need the Resource.cfg in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. structed in
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:53 AM
Very cool! I, uh, break things, so I'm probably not going to download this until I get a better feel for the game, but one thing is certain: this is a very useful mod. Thanks so much for sharing!
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:41 AM
Oh thank you very much! You're awesome! It works!
Merci beaucoup !
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:54 AM
Are there any cheat for Sim show Emotions?? (Fear, happy...)
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#20 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:16 PM
Thanks, Rick. I can't wait to use this!
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:30 PM
Hello for the sims 3 mac where do you put the folder
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:36 PM
I got the files to go into the correct places (root directory and mods/packages) but It is saying "unknown command" when i type it in the cheat box.. anyone know the problem now?
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:05 PM
This is awesome thanks a lot, I can't wait to try them!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:58 PM
Thanks, Rick. But it is unclear what is 'EA' package and 'Paid' package

Just wondering

I dissapointed that 'spawn' means spawning sims other than spawning magic tools like Rodney's Death Creator.

Btw, the storyprogression cheat, does it make a difference when you turn it off? Since the toggle is borked, so can we turn it off via this cheat? Or what's the effect of each option (Disabled|Enabled|Accelerated)

I'm sorry i couldn't test it awhile since I can't download it rit now. I'm home with this stupid expensive dial ups Really wonder what it does

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:29 PM
Does anyone have a alienware(with vista) and figured how to work this stuff?
All I get is unknowncommand when I type "lifetimehappiness" and such?
Page 1 of 11