Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#151 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 6:31 AM
When you reach to the Rockstar branch, you have the option to write songs, or maybe make it mantatory to write songs.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 6:48 AM
I know it's been said before,but I'd LOVE pets back...But more in depth. Anything they come out with I can only hope it's more in depth than what they gave us. After you do something the first time,it's boring. I'd love to have some kind of crazy cat lady.
Field Researcher
#153 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:45 AM
When they actually program illnesses in, Teen sims can have a friend bring their homework to them.
Test Subject
#154 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:52 AM
Most of these ideas are realllllly good. I enjoyed Makin' Magic A LOT, but I felt that in TS2 they just ruined it when they tried tpo have supernatural things. I mean witches in apartments? C'mon, now! That being said, I don't think they'll make anything with creatures or anything of the supernatural nature unil waaaaay later. One of the last EPs probably.

I really like the child/teen idea. It just seems that they're is nothing for my kid/teen sims to do but homework! But I have a feeling that - if anything - it would be a stuff pack possibly combined with a holiday type theme.

-NikkiSaves.
Theorist
#155 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:57 AM
I really would like to see a Stuff Pack with alot of 1950s based items. I <3 50s fashion.

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Field Researcher
#156 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nikkisaves
It just seems that they're is nothing for my kid/teen sims to do but homework!

I know! I spent most of my child and teen Sim's life making relationships and gaining skills for their furture careers. Boorrring. :/ I wish they could like, skateboard or do more.
Field Researcher
#157 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 8:14 AM
I love how the fathers instantly take off work to go visit the mother at the hospital. <3

But why can't the Sim in labor have other visitors, such as letting other children or the new grandparents come and visit? D:
Test Subject
#158 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GuardStud08
I really would like to see a Stuff Pack with alot of 1950s based items. I <3 50s fashion.

This would be wonderful!
Although, in order to sell, they would have to put in all the "popular" decades, 20s, 40s-80s. Which would broaden the music spectrum (which, imo, is waaaaay too small! indie, kids, pop, latin, classical and custom?! WTF!) and add new objects and build mode choices.

-NikkiSaves.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ghostanimal
I wish they could like, skateboard or do more.

Graffiti! Tagging walls. Work on your art skill, possibly get busted
Test Subject
#160 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 8:17 PM
I know there was a picture already posted, and I found another one.
I THINK it was in this thread that people were saying they wanted to go to the light house and something about fishing trips? Well, I think this might be another clue?

Perhaps something along the lines of boat travel to the island or fishing on the boat?

Or maybe I'm just crazy...

-NikkiSaves.
Test Subject
#161 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thanatozz
Graffiti! Tagging walls. Work on your art skill, possibly get busted
I like the idea of graffiti, but I’d like to see murals, not tags all over town.

What I’d like to see is an expack full of games . What happened to poker? I’d like to see poker tournaments. This could lead to new careers. Chip counter, Dealer, Professional Poker Player. Also, it would be cool to have sims do crosswords in newspapers, to gain logic. And sports would be fun. Teens and children could play for teams on weekends. Adults could too, and maybe get drafted by their favorite team (adding more teams), and start out as a rookie, instead of a fan.
I don’t want a Freetime remake, I want options!!! No hobbies and no interests. Just fun ways for sims to express themselves. Is that so bad???
Test Subject
#162 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmahollic
What happened to poker? I’d like to see poker tournaments. This could lead to new careers. Chip counter, Dealer, Professional Poker Player.

Which could also lead to a Vegas-esque town.

-NikkiSaves.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:42 AM
I tried to make a Sim Vegas resort in TS2, using arcade games and poker tables.

Roulettes and blackjack tables would also be great.
Test Subject
#164 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:44 AM
You know how a sim can start out with a positive relationship with another sim? I think it should be able to go both ways; if a sim is known to have certain traits or has done certain actions he/she would start out with a negative relationship once he/she meets an opposing sim.

Also, I think it'd be cool to not have relationships be pretty much restricted to being equal among sims. One sim could consider another his best friend, whereas the other sim sees him as merely acquaintances. This could be determined by certain traits and/or actions between sims perhaps.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nox920
Also, I think it'd be cool to not have relationships be pretty much restricted to being equal among sims. One sim could consider another his best friend, whereas the other sim sees him as merely acquaintances. This could be determined by certain traits and/or actions between sims perhaps.

Oh I know! Like, for my Sim Story I need this one sim to despise this one sim but the Sim she hates be completely in love with her.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ghostanimal
Oh I know! Like, for my Sim Story I need this one sim to despise this one sim but the Sim she hates be completely in love with her.

I might be mis-remembering but in TS1 you could have that.
Field Researcher
#167 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:22 AM
You could in Sims 1 and 2, but my mom sold my Sims1 and my Sims 2 is packed. (We're moving)
Field Researcher
#168 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:38 PM
I remember in the Sims 2 when my Sim stopped doing homework and ran outside. I got annoyed and almost cancelled the action but then I saw her running out to greet her daddy. <3 I miss that! I want my Sim children and teens to run outside and greet their parents home again!
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrinkBainne
Sims 3: Architects. Drag in a whole load of new, advanced building options, such as curved walls, complete control over the sizing of doors and windows (as well as the ability to slide them up and down the wall) and whatever else they can come up with, really. [...]

[...]

That shall be first and last expansion for me...I need nothing else.

BTW, i think that if there will be Expansion Packs, we'll all enjoy brand new, shining, fantastic...

...Rabbit holes. Now that they've learned the trick, and understood how to make same monye$ with less effort and in shorters deadlines, they'll add whatever they'll want to add as rabbit holes. Universities? Nigthclubs? Condos and apartments? They're all things that would fit a rabbit hole to the eyes of their target, which is definitely not us.

As i've said much times, i'm very disappointed by a game that offers less and less possibilities than his predecessor, and lower graphics either. The only thing we've gained - apart from CAStyle - is the seamless 'hood, that isn't needed at all to add story progression to the game. In other words, an useless shit that doesn't make the value of the game, which whorts not his price since it kills players creativity and forces you to play as the standardized fanboy/fangirl. I don't see why they would behave differently whit EPs.
Field Researcher
#170 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:45 PM
Sometimes, I honestly wonder why most of the major mod makers don't just get together and make their own Sims in our, the fans', image. Think about it. xD

We'd probably have pregnant teens and murders everywhere
Field Researcher
#171 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:48 PM Last edited by Diamond123Girl : 27th Jul 2009 at 5:02 PM.
A sims fantasy stuff pack were there would be loads of items for fairy worlds and that e.g cinderella stuff snow white+more.

Sims emo stuff pack xD =D ^^ lol but for me im sticking to my sims 2 yeah i know i bought the sims 3 lol but im selling it liek the comments above me said all the benefit ive gained is a seamless neighbourhood i just preffer the sims +graphics of sims 2 plus i could have 600 downloads on sims 2 and it wouldn't slow and just installing the sims 3 majorly slowed my computer down.

But what would be awesome is a sims 3 custom content stuff pack or something which would include all the top custom content of a vary of sites. You'd have to enter a competition say and the winners with the best would get their downloads into a game for everyone else to us.

More items to fit our sims personalities. A bit like teen style stuff but for adults and that aswell. Such as geeky items+clothing for the nerds maybe pc logo'd tops. Gothic+emo patterned items+ i miss the gothic throne from teen style stuff. Bring back the fashion catwalk from h&m stuff.

Allow us to go inside the groccery stores again! i just utterly miss that lol.Yet i think if another expansion pack came out everyone would need new computers i mean the sims 3 itself takes up so much space for alot of people just imagine another one your computer could crash unless you have a gaming computer.

1)Urban objects+clothing has anyone ever played the sims urbz?? i loved it bring some of that into it but in a pc sims style.
2) The heart bed ^^ xD lol i remmeber how it had a vibrating system (ROFL) on the sims 1 pc
3) I think we deserve some stuff packs that include items from various time periods. Like victiorian wear and items,stone age wear and items ect

I mean obviously we want some of the old expansions like seasons free time and pets back but they can't just keep re copying all the time we need fresh new ideas to keep the game alive.

4)Makin magic in a sim 3 style that would be awesome with the amulets and stuff. Bring back the vampires,werewolfs and plant sims ect+maybe even some new ones in seasons like we could have snow pixie type sims in winter. Leaf patched sims in autumn ect. Alchohol for the sims xD

I guess if people had the choice there would be alot of strange things people would want in the game. Probably things maxis would never ever do. I know many people have always wanted pregnant sim teens and stuff i doubt maxis would do that for certain reasons (+12 plus thing). Saddly my idea of my gore and blooded items wouldn't pass then D=

I'd love to have my vampires in a blooded up room with haunting items ect

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Test Subject
#172 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 2:27 PM
Fix it so the family tree so you can see the mother and father of child is sometimes one or other is missing.No adoption turn it off or on it is not a cheat.I only when I want to adoption.Sims want have there own children not adopt all time.They should make a creep and cute all in one expansion pack.More better male hair and clothing.For vampires or super hero capes.For phone version they you to pick expansion is.I hope it is the vampires and werewolves.Hope there will be teens and young adult or adult, being marry or having children togeter.Sims your are play will jion jobs go with there lifetime wishes or go wit there traits.Teens can get marry and have children.Do more with toddlers.Have more jobs.Blind dates your friend make you go to.Heartbreaker go after marry sims and single when not playing them.More gardening plants.More lifetime wishes.
Test Subject
#173 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diamond123Girl
just installing the sims 3 majorly slowed my computer down.

Installing the sims 3 killed my very expensive alienware gaming desktop. And before my harddrive went belly up the game would freeze about every five minutes. Mirrors Edge ran like a dream and that game takes up a huge amount of space.

I think EA should make a completely awesome expansion pack and put an end to the quaint little town epidemic. More than anything though, I'd like to see more trait specific options, wash hands with evil soap is only amusing the first time you see it.

Mostly I'd like EA to stop sending me robotic messages about how my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements (which it very obviously does) and actually give me an answer from a person that will prevent the game from murdering my computer again.

Or at least give me my money back.
Field Researcher
#174 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:18 PM Last edited by Diamond123Girl : 28th Jul 2009 at 5:29 PM.
:O im selling my sims for that reason alone. It's to darn slow but i can still post ideas ^^. Bring back our own neighbourhoods i want the option of neighbourhood templates back so we don't have to have just RiverView or Sunset Valley.

A blast from the past bring back some items from the sims 1 re vamped into sims 3 style. Like the beast o bear stuff bear? lol anyone remember that from hot date yeah it would go nicely against a franky the bear which i also want back. Then i want the ability to have universities once more that was just epic from what ive seen of the game so i think many people would like to see that back. What they probably will do first is bring back the basic expansion packs like pets,seasons,nightlife and so on. Unless they don't which would mean a end for sims 3 wouldn't it?? then again even with those we wan't to see some new expansion packs some fresh ideas.

They should hold a competition were we'd send in our ideas the best ideas would then be combined into a game either a expansion pack or a stuff pack. I want to see more musical instruments in the sims aswell instead of just a piano,violine and guitar. I want to see more community options bring back some of the items from hot date like the icecream stand. Bring back christmas aswell as a stuff pack probably again but this time with more clothing+objects+food. I'd also like to see some more fantasy sims maybe snow pixies in the winter along side the plant sims and that cute penguin again maybe polar bears this time???

More holiday options new locations more vampire item/options aswell as more for werewolfs and zombies. So yeah i would love to see more mystical/fantasy sims like i said about pixies maybe even fairies that visit in the autumn? and you catch them in a jar im unaware if this has happened in previous games before.. Animate the gnomes once more like in Makin Magic and simply make a expansion pack of the Makin Magic that would make allot of people happier since many wanted that in the sims 2 and bring apartments from apartment life into the game aswell.

And even with those ideas i'd love to be able to go into the community lots like restaurants and groccery stores aswell as clothes stores bring back buisnesses aswell. More options for different sims like there is farm items the haystack and such bring in some more urban objects for our city sims and such.

I wouldn't mind having a community marathon just like the community bbq and the rollercoasters from makin magic were we could make a theme park for our sims.

Just like university i'd like to watch my sims in school our even make our own schools for the sims. More jobs and a option for lazy sims to work at home jobs could include a hotel job. You'd start off maybe cleaning or taking towels to rooms then move to receptionist and other jobs in hotels like manager co manager ect.

Ive always wanted a fashion designer job for my sims i have no clue if that is in the game or not. More clutter objects like tooth brushes and stuff to make the houses more realistic. Concert halls that you could go in and preform in like from free time i think it was.

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodsight
Installing the sims 3 killed my very expensive alienware gaming desktop. And before my harddrive went belly up the game would freeze about every five minutes. Mirrors Edge ran like a dream and that game takes up a huge amount of space.

I think EA should make a completely awesome expansion pack and put an end to the quaint little town epidemic. More than anything though, I'd like to see more trait specific options, wash hands with evil soap is only amusing the first time you see it.

Mostly I'd like EA to stop sending me robotic messages about how my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements (which it very obviously does) and actually give me an answer from a person that will prevent the game from murdering my computer again.

Or at least give me my money back.

This post is wrong in so many ways.

First, the basics... Installation of software...

Unless a game were to install background processes, and have them run the entire time your machine is on, you wouldn't notice a lick of difference. The volume of information stored on a drive *DOES* affect performance, but not to the point where things slow to a crawl, and its so marginal that hardly anyone would notice a difference without a stop watch. Second, and I kid you not, you can install THOUSANDS of games on a machine. HUNDREDS of thousands if you wanted to. JUST so long that, again, the game doesn't install Punkbuster 30,000 times and has it running in the background, your machine will behave the same, until you need to access data, drive is fragmented, etc, etc. Memory is the key, and if you've got a tonne of memory AVAILABLE and FREE TO USE to the game, you're golden. If you've got 512meg of memory in it, go shop for some more to begin with. You *CAN* load a drive up to 99% capacity and STILL run an effective machine, just so long you've got memory available, nothing being written to swap, or swap turned off. Reading data from the end of the platter may slow things down, of course, but you're system will still run.

The third paragraph, hardware compatibility, its a common issue all over the place. You may have *THE MOST* kick-assed computer in the entire city, but if there is ONE THING that the game doesn't like on your computer, it MAY NOT WORK AS EXPECTED. Alienware, smellianware. They're a label who buy their parts from companies like ASUS, Gigabyte, Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital, Intel, Corsair, so on and so on. They don't build hardware, they put it together in a particular fasion. They get to put their name on someone elses components. Thats it, thats all.

I have a machine thats getting to be more than a year old and its not some snazzy look'n machine built by a pimple faced teen in a sweat shop. I've not had one glitch with the machine and Sims 3 on EITHER install of XP I have on the computer. I've installed Sims3 on a Notebook running Vista and I've had a few minor video glitches, mostly around the stadium, but nothing I couldn't recover out of. Considering the notebook has only 64meg of on board video, I tend to question your components versus the HCL EA gives.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 7 of 67