Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 10:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Corrupt "Became a Werewolf" memory
The "Became a Werewolf" memory in my game is consistently corrupted, when the sim in question turned via the Savage interaction. For clarity's sake, I'll use their names.

I had turned Oberon into a Werewolf via the transformation portrait found on this site. He has a functional "Became a Werewolf" memory: The sim shown is himself.
However, when Oberon Savaged Albany, Albany's memory showed an image of Sanjay Ramaswami. This has happened in a previous neighborhood/download/computer, and occurs when all mods have been removed, as well as when playing with only Creaturefixes in my Downloads folder.
I've tried fixing it in SimPE on my previous game, and the "Became a Werewolf" memory doesn't even appear. What's going on, and how can I fix it?

I'm playing with Sims 2: Ultimate Collection on a Windows PC. My drivers are all up to date, and my antivirus has my sims folders listed as an exception. My objects.package files are all set to read-only.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 2:19 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 26th Aug 2019 at 3:14 AM. Reason: forgot to delete the quote of the OP after using it for reference while writing my post
Thank you for your clear description of the issue! I did some research for you...

This thread may be all the help you need, if Chris' advice and/or mod works for you. (The thread mentioned by that thread's OP is likely this one, but even though the problem in the 2016 thread is more exactly a match for yours, I think you'll see from reading both why the 2018 one may be of much more help.)

As for the bit where you can't edit that werewolf memory in SimPE (because it isn't shown like others are), this thread might be of help, though I admit I have not read that one too carefully---just because I am not an expert user of SimPE, so I'm not the best person to assess that information's usefulness.

Hopefully that gives you at least a starter, but let us know if you need more or different help!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 4:22 AM
Oh, wonderful! I don't know how I couldn't find those, I must not have been searching the right things! The only thread I'd originally found had ended with something like "I deleted the neighborhood and now I don't have a problem," so this should help much better!
I'm glad to see other people have had the same issue, I'll get Chris' fix as soon as I'm back on my computer. Thank you!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 9:51 PM
You are so welcome, Boosterbear!

Of course, please let us know how it works out for you. I, too, am sad at the lost opportunity when I come across those threads where the OP stops before getting to a solution, so I'm looking forward to hearing how this goes!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 8:19 PM
Fortunately, I don't have any memories to change, since, after my past mistakes, I didn't save after having a werewolf Savage another. And both non-SimPE threads were more helpful than you'd think! In my other game, a Sim had the memory tied to a Witch Doctor. Yikes!
I'm not going to be fixing the SimPE files straight away due to my fear of messing something up, but I plan to do that, too, in order to provide a satisfying conclusion to this thread

In other news, Chris' mod worked great! Albany turned, and I let out a "Yes!" so loud that it woke up my dog
Thank you so much for your help! (And Chris, if he sees this post!)

Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 12:27 AM
Thanks, Boosterbear, for letting us know! That's excellent, not only that the old threads were helpful but (most especially) that Chris' mod did the trick.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 3:09 AM
I finally got around to it, so I could provide that answer, only to find there was some issue with my Sims 2 Application being in Fun With Pets instead of Double Deluxe - I'm assuming because SimPE was only updated to Mansion&Garden Stuff (as far as I know). Changing the location makes my game unable to open. Well, I guess this fix just isn't for me, but that's alright! The other fixes worked just fine, and I can handle not being able to edit the werewolf memories for now if I'm not able to. I got a memory manager, so I can just delete the memories if they get buggy and clear the gossip. Thanks again!