Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 5:25 PM Last edited by arizonakarenina : 26th Jul 2021 at 5:46 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Seaspray Apartments Loses Furniture When a Sim Moves In
UPDATE: I also cannot change the floors or wall coverings in Build Mode after moving a sim in. It does not seem to be an issue with any other complex.

Moved my sim from a smaller apartment to the Seaspray complex, and before I did so, I browsed each unit in Build Mode to see which one I wanted her to rent. Each unit was fully furnished and decorated. I did not change or remove anything.

When I moved my sim in, the only furniture in any unit was in the right-most apartment (downstairs lounge room in lieu of a garage), and even after renting one of the units, she was able to enter every unit.

This happened with different sims, and I even bulldozed the original Seaspray and put down a new one from the Specialty Lots bin, verifying that they too were fully furnished. Same issue: all furniture vanished when I moved a sim in.

It's fine if I have to personally furnish each unit, I'm more curious to know if this is something other players have encountered, and if so, how to fix if possible?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 6:10 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Jul 2021 at 6:54 PM.
Sounds like something buggy is going on. If you browse an apartment, it's probably best to do so before any sims move in. Browsing other apartments in buy mode while sims are on the lot can most likely cause some issues.

For regular apartment renting if you want it furnished, you have to use a cheat, or all the buy items will be removed.

Quote:
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled [true/false]
--> Rent Furnished

It is possible to rent an apartment with all of its furnishings by enabling testingcheatsenabled, shift+clicking on the door of the apartment you would like to rent, and selecting "Rent Furnished". The Sim must be standing next to the door, and they must not have any other actions in their queue.

(copied from the Sims Wiki)

No idea about the floor/wall covering issue - it's possible you won't be able to change wall/floor covering due to build mode restrictions (bit weird, though? Doesn't sound normal. I haven't played much with apartments, but I think you should be able to change the coverings, if not add/remove walls/floors)

Some reading material on building/editing apartments:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...sting_apartment
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 8:27 PM
The loss of furniture is normal - apartments are staged to suggest how they could be furnished, rather than actually being furnished for the tenant.

The inability to change wall and floor coverings is not normal, neither should your Sim be able to enter every unit after renting one. It sounds as though she's not getting an apartment token when she pays the rent. I suspect this is quite easy to fix in SimPE, but SimPE and my computer hate each other, so I've never been able to use it. Hopefully someone else can jump in here and help you out with it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 8:46 PM Last edited by arizonakarenina : 26th Jul 2021 at 8:50 PM. Reason: typo
Thank you both for this info...I'm still really new to everything after Nightlife, so I appreciate these insights!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 6:09 PM
https://modthesims.info/d/325824/en...debug-mode.html

It does cause an issue where your sims get a lot more money when moving out of an apartment, but I just note down what they should have and use Sim Manipulator to change their funds.