Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Derelict Dreamhome - Starter for the Brave - now in Seasons version too!

by aelflaed Posted 14th Jan 2008 at 10:30 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2014 at 10:06 PM by Phaenoh

113 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#101 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 7:56 PM
Thanks! This house is perfect for lazy people-such as myself- who cannot be bothered to do this. Again, thanks.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#102 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 7:53 PM Last edited by grammapat : 13th Jan 2012 at 7:13 PM.
If there are not CC for horrible walls & floors, I'll add my own before playing, along with my favorite "broken kitchen" and steam punk bathroom stuff. Maybe even a ghost or two...

Also, there is a big challenge thread (here?) that involves downloading houses; one of them is a horrible weed and roach covered lot is REALLY hard to tackle.

I'm thinking I'll move in a female sim, and if a man "volunteers" to clean up, cheat to make her pregnant...story lines always keep me interested. And do the contest too.

HELP please: can we post pics? Where can I find the rules about size, etc?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 7:24 PM
This house is AWESOME. I like the house's design itself, and to have the challenge built in is a ginormous bonus. I wish it was easier to find on the site. I lost it in a reboot and came back to get it again and looked for months! I just stumbled upon a link to it in an old challenge forum posting today and yay! I can see you used a ton of tags to try to make it easier, I just didn't happen to look for any of them I guess. The site needs a category under Residential for Fixer-Uppers. :)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#104 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 1:45 AM
Thanks for your feedback. Glad you found the house!
Mad Poster
#105 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 6:43 PM
Much as I love lots like this, I've discovered this is a Bad THING! This obviously lived-house WILL contain fragments of memories, etc, which at this point cannot be cleaned. (Per long threads by the real pros here). They are suggestion (as of just a month or so ago) that NO lot that has EVER had a sim in it should be uploaded. Creators should duplicate their lots for play-testing, then upload the UNUSED version.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:55 PM
I love this house. It's a great house in and of itself, and it allows me to play the fixer-upper challenge over and over with all kinds of sims.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#107 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 12:12 AM
I'm going to combine this lot with the nickel and dimed challenge, where the mother is a neat-freak and both of her kids are slobs.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#108 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 1:05 AM
Sounds like a fun idea!
Thanks for your feedback everyone.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#109 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 7:37 PM
"NOT open for inspection."

Very cute idea and description, and I like ttowntallyho's idea to combine it with a trio of neat freaks / slobs for maximum trouble. Thanks for the upload!
Field Researcher
#110 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 9:37 PM
I have one question though: is this lot SAFE or UNSAFE to play with?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#111 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 10:07 AM
PanAm, To the best of my knowledge it is safe.

However, I have not played Sims2 in a very long time myself, and I am not up on the latest expert opinions.

May I suggest you make a backup of your game files, and give the house a try if it interests you? If you see any problems, restore the backup. Otherwise, perhaps you can find the "long threads by the real pros" and decide for yourself whether you will risk it.

Whatever you decide, good luck, and happy simming!
Top Secret Researcher
#112 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm103
I have one question though: is this lot SAFE or UNSAFE to play with?
It appears to be safe, I played the challenge and have nothing to report (other than minor glitches, like the shower can't be repaired), the Hood Checker can't find any signs of corruption.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#113 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 12:04 AM
Thank you, Lili975, that is useful information.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 31st May 2017 at 6:20 AM
I cannot seem to get the file to install in my game. I have the Clean Installer and everything but I can't get it to work. I really want to try the challenge it seems like sooo much fun. But I can't get it to download. Any help?
Page 5 of 5