Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TESTERS WANTED: Range/Cooker Hood - Stainless Steel

by boblishman Posted 7th Feb 2005 at 3:02 PM - Updated 23rd Oct 2008 at 6:44 PM by -Maylin-

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 118 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 7:02 PM
could you have based it off of a smoke detector? then it would not disappear, and it serves a purpose! bc in my sims houses having the somewhat clumsy sims i have i always have a smoke detector over the stove. i love this though adds more realism to the sims games, but like the overhead cabinets, theres not point in hanging them up if all they do is disappear when i put the walls down, bc i donot play with my walls up! but non the less i will download, and place it just bc i like it alot! thanks for making it!

9 words......... "My Life Is Over Now Yours Can Go On"
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 7:09 PM
Awesome, just what I needed...thank you so much!
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 7:11 PM
Beautiful work, the in-game stoves just don't look complete without a hood.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 7:22 PM
I prefer when I put my walls down that everything else on the walls goes down with them or it defeats the reason for putting them down so this will be a fantastic edition just like it is even if it only shows now and then lol :D
Field Researcher
#30 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mandababy2003
could you have based it off of a smoke detector? then it would not disappear, and it serves a purpose! bc in my sims houses having the somewhat clumsy sims i have i always have a smoke detector over the stove. i love this though adds more realism to the sims games, but like the overhead cabinets, theres not point in hanging them up if all they do is disappear when i put the walls down, bc i donot play with my walls up! but non the less i will download, and place it just bc i like it alot! thanks for making it!

I totally agree. it would serve a purpse other than decoration. More color options? And maybe, this is just an idea; But do it like Brianna at WDS did and make it so you have the option to change the color to match the stoves? She did something to the cabinets she created that allowed you to change it to match any of the counters you have even the downloaded ones.
Instructor
#31 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 9:13 PM
Like the hood. Thanks! Hmm whats on the counter next to the stove, a can opener or art object?
Forum Resident
#32 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 9:17 PM
Thanks Hey what object is next to the stove on the counter? Thank you!
Forum Resident
#33 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 9:19 PM
Very nice thank you
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 9:30 PM
Every time I'd place a stove, I'd wish for a vent hood :jig: :clap: Thank you for the great work
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 9:39 PM
great work, but would be nice if it was cloned after the smoke alarm??!!
Forum Resident
#36 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 9:43 PM
Really terrific, just what we all needed over our simmies stoves, you have done an amazing job Bob, Thank You very much.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 10:18 PM
Good job Bob! I love it. :elephant:
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anglesims2
Thanks Hey what object is next to the stove on the counter? Thank you!

The screen dump is taken from my 'house of horrors' test lab where I test all my new 'objects' ... the one next to the stove is a 'sculture' I made that I was using to learn how to map the texture files ... it was actually a disaster/mistake, but I liked it, so I kept it..

As for using the smoke detector, I'm thinking about it... I have to admit I didn't even think about it ... hmmm... will think it over tonight...

As for recolouring ... I'm not sure how to do that either ...but if someone else wants to try, they're more than welcome ... just let me know..
Field Researcher
#39 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 11:04 PM
Looks cool, although if you look closely it looks like someone removed the taps from a sink and turned it upside down!
#40 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 11:33 PM
You mentioned that you've made this Expansion compatible. Does this mean every other object under beta testing that was made before will not work once I get the Uni. EP?
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 11:51 PM
Great, I was wondering when someone was going to make this !!
Thank you Bob! Ill test it out tonight
The ModFather
retired moderator
#42 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 12:08 AM
Man! *This* is a good idea! Thanks!

I like it so much (and I'm so glad that you promptly started to use SimPEv.015, as I've told you) that I couldn't resist and enabling colour options for it. I'm attaching the fixed package (a black recolour is included).
But next time I'm expecting you to do it by yourself (look here), ok?
And I've also modified the catalog placement: now you can find the hood in the Appliances/Misc section.

Great job! Go on like this!

Oh, and the last zip is a very useful scheme created by wes_h that helps you to modify the catalog placement by altering the right parameters in the Object Data file.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Cooking_Hood.zip (47.8 KB, 271 downloads)
File Type: zip  CatalogPlacement.zip (858.3 KB, 234 downloads)
Field Researcher
#43 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jlabadia
You mentioned that you've made this Expansion compatible. Does this mean every other object under beta testing that was made before will not work once I get the Uni. EP?

jlabadia, there will likely be conflicts with new meshes and re-colours. A possible solution has alread been deivsed. It'll be time consuming, but you'll get to keep your downloads. Check out

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...72&page=1&pp=25

AND

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...14&page=1&pp=25

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Field Researcher
#44 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 12:14 AM
great! i'll definitely enjoy testing it for you
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 12:15 AM
this looks really great...thanks
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 12:23 AM
Great job on the range hood. It looks great.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:48 AM
this is great! i suck at modding, so i dunno how difficult it'd be, but how about cloning it out of a fire alarm, so you could use that over the stove instead of worrying about a fire alarm too? just a thought. and it is still great... now if only my landlord would give me a real stove hood thingie for my real house, lol
Forum Resident
#48 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:03 AM
this is a wonderful object!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:55 AM
Very nice, thanks.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:29 AM
nice, looks realistic
Page 2 of 5