Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scarborough Kitchen Collection - Testers Wanted *Updated 10 April*

by RGiles Posted 8th Apr 2005 at 4:57 AM - Updated 7th Jun 2005 at 11:34 PM by RGiles : Added texture templates

492 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 485 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 20
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:16 AM
Wow! I'm really impressed! Great job and love the textures you used! Thanks.
Inventor
#27 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:22 AM
absolutely stunning work, thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:26 AM
Haha, I was surprised to see you actually starting a thread as I often spot your name as the last poster usually closing them.

This is awesome! One of the best kitchen sets I've seen and I love the color. It's actually the same color of my apartment building. Downloading now, will use in new house anon.
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikita489
Haha, I was surprised to see you actually starting a thread as I often spot your name as the last poster usually closing them.

This is awesome! One of the best kitchen sets I've seen and I love the color. It's actually the same color of my apartment building. Downloading now, will use in new house anon.

LOL Nikita I was thinking the same thing....RG has really done it now...by revealing his talent for making objects....now all of us download junkies are going to start stalking him and he will have to move into JMPesacados bunker just to escape from all of the adoration...... :hide:
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:54 AM
Hehe. I've done a few recolors here and there. Mostly... there. But yeah... I really needed to start having fun with the game again. It's been a long time already.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:56 AM Last edited by RGiles : 8th Apr 2005 at 8:01 AM. Reason: quote removed -- not needed
Default Working on two Sets as well and need some help
First, I would like to say you have done a wonderful job. I have been playing around with a couple of sets myself, but can not get them rifht.
I am including a picture. Could you please give me a hand or direct me to the correct tutorial. I have tried a few, but only get stuck.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#32 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:57 AM
WOW!!!
These are amazing RG, thanks so much for sharing these!! :D

"Mozart is sunshine" Antonin Dvorak (1841 - 1904)

See my other creations at
Simnuts Creations - Sims 3
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:58 AM Last edited by ladydrb58 : 8th Apr 2005 at 8:01 AM. Reason: Pictures of both sets did not load
Default Help with Kitchen Set
Could you help me out wtih these two sets? Thank you very much.
Ladydrb
Screenshots
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 7:59 AM
This look awesome, thankyou millions
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 8:01 AM
Master RGiles, I bow before you!
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 8:01 AM
Wow....what can I say....I'm almost speechless they're so beautiful...extremely awesome job Thank you very much!!!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 8:05 AM
Oh! It's absolutely beautiful! Lovely workmanship! Thank you for sharing
Hugs Cathy
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 8:06 AM
ladydrb58,

I don't understand what problem you're having, so I don't know where to begin to help.

I can tell you a couple of things. You can't make the counters at different heights. Sims will not be able to use them... objects placed on them will appear to float. You may not be able to make the cabinet actually touching the counters. I believe if you did, you would not be able to place anything on the counters or use them for cooking. You can't really make your own counter tops unless you don't care whether it's impossible to place a sink into them, so you have to use a maxis countertop at least for the "no drawer" version of the cabinet.

Other than that I'm at a loss for what to tell you. I don't know how far you've gotten. If you haven't read the mesh tool tutorials yet, you need to read that.

RG
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 8:10 AM
Thanx i've been looking for something like this for ages can't wait too use them on my game
Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 9:05 AM
All my dreams came true. I love you :-)
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 9:14 AM
OMG !!!! These are fabulous !! I was Desperate for a new kitchen.. You have done an awesome job. Thank You.
Beki
x
Field Researcher
#42 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 9:24 AM
Hey hey totally awesome. Was wondering if we'd get anything from you lately I love the way you made those corner cabinets too I was gonna do them for the counters but never got round to it. Would you be doing the same for the counters aswell as the cabinets? Would be cool if you did.

Well thanks very very much for this set cannot wait to see those later objects :D
Field Researcher
#43 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 9:43 AM
I am speachless... just can say: thank you so very much!
Forum Resident
#44 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:29 AM
my finger hurts after scrolling down the page while shouting: wheres the file??? looks so great and its bound to go straight into my next kitchen. thanks.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:37 AM
They are just wonderful! Nothing to add what isn't said already. Beautiful!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:40 AM
Mr Giles! You're a GENIUS!! The upper cupboards snap into the corners!!! Fantastic!! They fit together beautifully, I've done two recolours (cherry I'm not totally happy with and a white washed cream. You've made it easy peasy for us. THANK YOU!!!!!
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
my finger hurts after scrolling down the page while shouting: wheres the file??? looks so great and its bound to go straight into my next kitchen. thanks.

Haha! Sorry about that. I linked to the images externally because attachments are seeming very slow with displaying pictures today, and I had just way too many pictures. :D

You can't use a bulldozer to study orchids.
Instructor
#48 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:52 AM
Very nice rg I can't wait to test it out!
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:58 AM
Great work!!! Thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:04 AM
Lovely! Thanks for your hard work.

I can't wait to download the kitchen set.. I can't seem to download a thing on this site anymore, I am logged in. and yet get stuck in an endless logining in circle.

Anyway, hopefully all will be working soon.

Thanks again
-Xianah-
xXx
Page 2 of 20