Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Demon Wings

by saracentner Posted 12th May 2005 at 1:30 AM - Updated 12th May 2010 at 9:42 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 81 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th May 2005 at 12:13 AM
This is cool! The mesh with a tail reminds me of the flying monkeys from the wizard of Oz. Definately downloading this now. :frog:
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 13th May 2005 at 1:38 AM
Wow, these are great!
I was just wondering, before I put it in game. Do they show up on all sims? Or do we select them?

Also, it would be great if you could make a version with a tail, that has a > shape on the end of it. :3 Though, obviously it doesnt matter at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th May 2005 at 3:17 AM
DigiBlue-its a glasses mesh so you can select it for teen through elder with noissue (i think anyway...;.no one has reported any issues with those ages)

i am working on a tail like that, but honestly i have no use for it at the moment, but i'll think about finishing it
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th May 2005 at 4:00 PM
VERY well done, Sara. if you could, though, the forked tail idea as posted... by several people.. would really, really rock! either way, lovely work, as usual.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 14th May 2005 at 9:25 AM
An incredibly creative and unique mesh. Thank You!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th May 2005 at 6:31 PM
Wow! I am amazed (as usual) by the quality of your meshes. Thank you soo much.
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th May 2005 at 12:29 AM Last edited by chintznibbles : 15th May 2005 at 12:36 AM.
Hey, I think I found a problem. The tip of the right wing-claw is missing. The left one looks fine, but the right one is sort of hollow and clips through. I've got a screenshot that identifies the problem.

Also, would it be possible to rotate the wing attachments (the place where they connect to the sim's back) slightly and move them to more specifically where the sim's shoulderblades are? They're good now, but they have the potential to be really great, and I think that would be a step in the right direction.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th May 2005 at 1:14 AM
I noticed the above, too, the wings are great but it would be better if they could be more centered and if possible, if they were folded, I have one of my sims as a dragon knight, who is to get married to my angel sim and I wouldn't want to take away his wings only so he fits through the wedding arch.

Asides that, they are pretty great and I simply love them, wish I knew how to recolor them properly....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th May 2005 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chintznibbles
Hey, I think I found a problem. The tip of the right wing-claw is missing. The left one looks fine, but the right one is sort of hollow and clips through. I've got a screenshot that identifies the problem.

Also, would it be possible to rotate the wing attachments (the place where they connect to the sim's back) slightly and move them to more specifically where the sim's shoulderblades are? They're good now, but they have the potential to be really great, and I think that would be a step in the right direction.

arggggg...thanks for telling me...i'll try and fx that...the verts must be ever so slightly off

i could move the wings around...let me fiddle with it for a couple of days and see what i come out with
Field Researcher
#35 Old 15th May 2005 at 8:46 AM
i agree with the centering, but believe me, there's nothing sick or twisted about it, this is beautiful in a "it's about time" sorta way!
#36 Old 16th May 2005 at 11:15 PM
where did u get that outfit. but otherwise OMG it is great
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th May 2005 at 1:07 AM
hey now we have somthing too fight the madd cow plant
well I thought it was good Idea too bad they don't fight back.
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th May 2005 at 4:02 PM
!!!! im not gonna even bother looking at the pics!!!! thanks so much!!!! im sure this is going to be great!!! :P
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th May 2005 at 11:50 PM
sara, you rock! Where do you find the time and PATIENCE?!?! Anyway, love your stuff- you keep getting better and better... I'm so jealous!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th May 2005 at 3:36 AM
Hehe, it's a makeshift addon to Lilith and Morrigan, well as close as it's gotton so far. Thanks muchly.
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th May 2005 at 9:45 AM Last edited by Thunderspirit : 20th May 2005 at 9:49 AM. Reason: grrrrrrrrr ..... I DESPISE TYPOS!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome Sara ... I'm attempting to figure out if this is in my response to your fantasy wings set thread or not, because this is almost EXACTLY what I was looking for :D

The only thing I see is simular to what others are saying, but let me get a little deeper ...

The wing joints should be about an inch below the shoulderblade area. The wing cowl (leathery part) should terminate in the small of the back, the cuppish center above the buttocks. This is the makeup of the wing where it joins the back. As far as the wing itself, the forewing should be longer with a slight curve to the claw towards the head. The cowl and cowl ribs should be very long, the outtermost one could nearly touch the ground when folded, and the wings should be slightly folded, as none of our sims can currently fly --- yet. Between the ribs, the cowl should curve deeply towards the claw - IF you want that demonic/ 'batmanish' look - if not, then only the slightest curve upward would suffice.

These are an awesome start. Absolutely top-notch work, as always. Once you get these hammered out, creating avian/ angelic wings shouldn't be that much of a problem, since it would use the same skeletal structure as I described, only the cowlribs wouldn't show, and the skin would be any color of feathers instead of leather.

AWESOME JOB, as always Sara! WTG! :clap:
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 20th May 2005 at 3:11 PM
like, how exactly do i download stuff? i'm having issues here.
Test Subject
#43 Old 21st May 2005 at 8:17 AM
just left click on the file in the first post to this thread ... it downloads automaticly. Save the file to your desktop for easy reference.

Then go into your games Documents/EAGames/TheSims2/Downloads folder and copy the file in there.

Start your game and voila! new content!

Just an FYI though, all of this information is provided as a link directly after the download file, so it isn't necessary to ask if you're really interested. Delphy put all the common Q&A stuff easy to find and where its most relevant.

As far as rar files go, get the program (WinRAR), then simply click on it like you would a zip manager. copy the files from there to the Sims D/L folder. If you do not have a zip manager (pre XP O/S), there are many free ones out there. Download.com has a slew of them, just do a search. Hope this helps ...
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 22nd May 2005 at 4:55 AM
if it's posible plz make them and other stuff genetic! P.S. your the best!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 22nd May 2005 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thunderspirit
just left click on the file in the first post to this thread ... it downloads automaticly. Save the file to your desktop for easy reference.

Then go into your games Documents/EAGames/TheSims2/Downloads folder and copy the file in there.

Start your game and voila! new content!

Just an FYI though, all of this information is provided as a link directly after the download file, so it isn't necessary to ask if you're really interested. Delphy put all the common Q&A stuff easy to find and where its most relevant.

As far as rar files go, get the program (WinRAR), then simply click on it like you would a zip manager. copy the files from there to the Sims D/L folder. If you do not have a zip manager (pre XP O/S), there are many free ones out there. Download.com has a slew of them, just do a search. Hope this helps ...
thanx 4 the help! :bandit:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 22nd May 2005 at 5:37 AM
i might make my tuff genetic...dunno yet...but i am thinking about it
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd May 2005 at 6:05 AM
woot nice Mesh but if u put horn's i think looks better but its very nice job.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 26th May 2005 at 12:53 PM
Ooooh, this is fantastic!! I've donloaded BOTH. Thanks ever so much.

I've a request though....

I would like to second JaroxMX's request for the addition on HORNS to go WITH the wings(there ARE horns meshes, but since they too use the glasses mesh, you can't mix and match). Any chance of horns to go with this?

MY thought would be for them to come from the FRONT of the head, just above the eyebrows... and they'd Probably look best on a BALD sim.

Anyway.... THANKS for these. They RAWK!!
#49 Old 27th May 2005 at 12:42 AM
OMG! The wings are amazing! And I soooo second your thought of making it genetic- nothing like the preachers daughter giving birth to a half demon baby!

Thank you!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 27th May 2005 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saracentner
damn! well almost perfect....lol
yes...i sent a mesh to a guy named joey to finish it off for me so there will be angels soon i think

I certainly hope so... I'd love to see a feathered-wing mesh combined with the cat tail... then I could make my feline-bird-human hybrid Sims (with a little recolouring practise, of course :D) What would be *really* nice would be to see a wing mesh combined with your ears and tail mesh... *looks hopeful*
Page 2 of 4