Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 9:32 AM
Default I'm making Tiffany Ray(Jennifer Tilly)
So I'm currently working on a sim based off my favorite "horror" movie character EVER, the serial killer girlfriend of Chucky, Tiffany Ray. Tiffany is portrayed by the very talented Jennifer Tilly in every appearance to date. I'm looking for feedback on my current simified version of her BEFORE I make my first attempt at uploading her to modthesims.

Whadda ya think?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 9:45 AM
Can you zoom in more on your sim's face? It's quite hard to see how her face is sculpted from the size and distance of the pics you have.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 4:28 PM
I can tell it's nothing like round enough, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 7:42 PM

Closer look
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 9:02 PM
Going from that I would say her face should be rounder and her nose wider and shorter. Looking at pictures in Google to get an idea of who this is I would try and make the eyes much larger and rounder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 9:27 PM
So I read all of your suggestions and implemented them..

I rounded out her face, shortened and widened her nose,added a face mask to give some slight wrinikles & added a SLIGHT extra arch to her brows.

Opinions?

EDIT: I also unsquinted and rounded out her eyes a bit more
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 3:36 PM
It's getting closer. I think making her jaw wider would help, the fullness of her face, in your sim, is mostly in the "upper cheek". She shouldn't really have such defined cheeks. The lower part of her face should be about even with the upper, if that makes sense. Jennifer Tilly has lower cheek bones and her cheek kind of goes all the way to her jaw. the eyes are a lot better, something still seems a little off, but maybe if her face were fuller I wouldn't think so. Though I think it might be that the lower apex should be a little closer to the middle, as opposed to the outside.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:02 AM

Update:

Took some advice and made her cheek bones less defined + lowered
Made her jawline wider and added a bit more "fat" to her face
New hairstyle
Played around with the makeup
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:17 AM
I would make her upper lip fuller- if that can be done. I would also take away the upturned smile at the edges of her lips so her face is more neutral looking.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:29 AM
I have a quick question about when I submit her for upload. Do I have to package her with all maxis content?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 1:21 AM
You can package her with any free content that the creator has said can be redistributed. You would also have to list where her skin, lipstick etc come from and who made it.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 4:18 AM
So after all the suggestions, here's where we're at

I really am happy with the progress, but I still just have a feeling that SOMETHING is off
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 5:24 PM
Maybe shorten her face just a tad? This can be done by moving the lower elements up and will have the unfortunate side effect of lengthening her neck, but that's the limitation of the medium.

Also, do you have her body type set to "fat" or "thin?" The "something" that's off may be in the relationship between the face and the body, not in the face itself. The original proportions aren't going to come through perfectly (since you can only adjust neck length so much), but the "fat" hourglass figure may be necessary for the desired effect.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 8:03 PM
Perhaps if the eyes were turned up slightly at the outer edges?

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.