Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Riverview City - Updated 04/01/2021

by LordCrumps Posted 29th Dec 2020 at 12:28 AM - Updated 19th May 2021 at 4:05 PM by LordCrumps : Updated files with fixes

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 2:55 PM
Hello,

So I have added another Subhood Version, before attaching it to your main hood, make sure you back up your primary hood first!

This is because when the map is run through Hood Checker before adding onto your hood, there are no issues. However, once attached to a new primary hood, there are conflicted memories that come up in Hood Checker. which will save fixed when run yourself.

So it required that you also run it through hood checker, so avoid any issues.
Testers wanted please!

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
Mad Poster
#52 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 7:00 PM
I've been setting my Riverview City up for a challenge game and downloaded the pdf of the residents in case I wanted to do recreations of them in CAS with my own versions or make ancestors as my version is set in 1520 as an early colonizing attempt in the new world.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 7:08 PM
Tried the new version and the names have been fixed, thank you!

I attached the subhood to a test neighborhood and I think I have an idea what's the problem here. When you attack a subhood with sims, they will get different SimIDs than before, because some of their IDs will be already taken by sims from the main hood. So a memory that refers to Sim A in the main hood version will now refer to a different sim, and that's where all those HoodChecker errors come from.

You should probably ask in the create forums for help with this. It can be fixed, because there are subhood versions of other neighborhoods for download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 11:23 PM
why is it when I try to visit the beach lot it crashes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 11:23 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 12:41 PM
This world looks amazing and the custom sims look fun to play too, I just wish they didn't all have the same exact face template :/
Test Subject
#57 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 5:02 AM
I'm tottally in love with this world! And I pretend to play with the families cause I curious to see the unfolding! º-º
Also, I wanted to know if it's there a right order of the families that you have to play or it's freely?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 12:27 PM
Great world dude/dudette , I can see you ut alot of love into this, well done
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 2:37 AM
OMG the Lore! You have me hooked! Downloading now!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#60 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 12:46 AM
Amazing upload, thank you !
Test Subject
#61 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 3:27 AM
Hello I'm quite new on this mod and I would like to know why does Riverview City [main] doesn't have it's stories while the subhood version has one?
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 1:36 AM
Incredible download! Tho i have a question; are the pre-made sims supposed to have a bio? Bc if so, in my game their bios are empty and I dunno what I did wrong. It is mentioned that there are two parts in the V3 download but i only see 1 file.

Otherwise, amazing hood!
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 2:17 PM Last edited by Floreska : 7th Mar 2021 at 9:18 PM.
Default Moved tombstones
I downloaded Riverview Main Hood V3 and run HoodChecker, this is what showed up:

Here I have chosen Riverview City Cemetery.

As far as I know, you created more than one necropolis and each of them is kept in different style. This is the reason why I felt upset realising that all of tombstones will be moved to just one lot. Are you able to fix this problem in future updates?
I also don't understand what's the thing with Hobbies hood the programm is talking about?

EDIT: Oh, I found another bug. Pesky Kat has "Run Away" icon and memory, but in fact she is on the lot and doesn't seem to be going to run anywhere.
EDIT2: I can't see tombstones on The Riverview City Cemetery lot, despite the fact HoodChecker was supposed to move them there. I restored hood and didn't run HoodChecker this time, just to see if that'll make any difference. Tombstones are still absent.
EDIT3: Attached clean hoods of Pleasantview and Strangetown, then found the infamous sign of corruption. Screenshot below:

Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 4:48 PM
Wow! This neighborhood and lore is outstanding! Excellent job!! I love playing here!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 10:18 AM
I'm not sure if this is intentional, but when eating at Bertha's Diner (full hood version), the only options are water and TV dinners. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 5th May 2021 at 11:07 AM
I've been having so much fun playing this hood, thank you so much for your hard work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th May 2021 at 4:27 PM
Hello! Sorry, For some reason I did not realise there was more comments on this! I did not see any notifactions! So that is on me!

Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I've been setting my Riverview City up for a challenge game and downloaded the pdf of the residents in case I wanted to do recreations of them in CAS with my own versions or make ancestors as my version is set in 1520 as an early colonizing attempt in the new world.

OOooooOOO! This is interesting! How did it go?

Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Tried the new version and the names have been fixed, thank you!

I attached the subhood to a test neighborhood and I think I have an idea what's the problem here. When you attack a subhood with sims, they will get different SimIDs than before, because some of their IDs will be already taken by sims from the main hood. So a memory that refers to Sim A in the main hood version will now refer to a different sim, and that's where all those HoodChecker errors come from.

You should probably ask in the create forums for help with this. It can be fixed, because there are subhood versions of other neighborhoods for download.

As far as I am aware the only way to fix this is to run through hood checker and it will do the re-allocation automatically!

Quote: Originally posted by shirleybanks

Interesting, the only thing I can think of do you have the required CC that is listed? Failing that, the computer might not be able to handle the lot itself? Sorry you are having issues!

Quote: Originally posted by yo227
This world looks amazing and the custom sims look fun to play too, I just wish they didn't all have the same exact face template :/

I was not aware that they are all the same face template as I used random generators and then the genetics played a part.

Quote: Originally posted by Júpiter Stars
I'm tottally in love with this world! And I pretend to play with the families cause I curious to see the unfolding! º-º
Also, I wanted to know if it's there a right order of the families that you have to play or it's freely?

No correct way to play, no order, all the days and hours are set up the same. I did not want to restrict people too much!

Quote: Originally posted by Hitchsim
Great world dude/dudette , I can see you ut alot of love into this, well done

Haha! Dude here! Yes, was a passion project that I was orignally going to upload. Glad you can see the love!

Quote: Originally posted by cherrygeek86
OMG the Lore! You have me hooked! Downloading now!

I am a .... wrench (or other W word) for lore!

Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Amazing upload, thank you !

Your welcome!

Quote: Originally posted by LucielleMarie
Hello I'm quite new on this mod and I would like to know why does Riverview City [main] doesn't have it's stories while the subhood version has one?

The main was was created first, then the subhood, the stories do not copy other when you change the hood from main to subhood, was just an over sight for me not adding them back into the subhood versions!

Quote: Originally posted by Tepo12
Incredible download! Tho i have a question; are the pre-made sims supposed to have a bio? Bc if so, in my game their bios are empty and I dunno what I did wrong. It is mentioned that there are two parts in the V3 download but i only see 1 file.

Otherwise, amazing hood!

No Sims have bios, also MTS allowed larger files to be uploaded, so by the time V3 came out, it only needed to be one file, the earlier versions you needed to! I just did not edit the main post, sorry! Fixed now!

Quote: Originally posted by dotssims
Wow! This neighborhood and lore is outstanding! Excellent job!! I love playing here!

Thank you!! Glad you like it!

Quote: Originally posted by Spazmunki13
I'm not sure if this is intentional, but when eating at Bertha's Diner (full hood version), the only options are water and TV dinners. :D

This is an oversight, as I have not set a menu with Bertha yet. Opps! Perhaps its just proof for the polive the diner has crinimal motives haha!

Quote: Originally posted by ciarayeah
I've been having so much fun playing this hood, thank you so much for your hard work!

I am glad you liked it!

Now for the big boy comment;

Quote: Originally posted by Floreska
I downloaded Riverview Main Hood V3 and run HoodChecker, this is what showed up:

Here I have chosen Riverview City Cemetery.
[img]https://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1994896

As far as I know, you created more than one necropolis and each of them is kept in different style. This is the reason why I felt upset realising that all of tombstones will be moved to just one lot. Are you able to fix this problem in future updates?
I also don't understand what's the thing with Hobbies hood the programm is talking about?

The Legacy cemetrey was empty (Intended for the player to fill up with legacy family graves if they wanted).

Not sure why it thinks there should be dead sims in the hobbies hood! (Basically thats just the secret hobby lots in one map) as this is built and created without them being attached (so that your game can generator the secret lots and would be able to turn it into a subhood etc) without replacing and overwriting stuff!

The hoodchecker is so that it when attaching the Sims to exisitng hoods, it can re-organise the sims so they do not overlap. Ie; two sims with the character file 0x00001 etc.

EDIT: Oh, I found another bug. Pesky Kat has "Run Away" icon and memory, but in fact she is on the lot and doesn't seem to be going to run anywhere.

Oh interesting! Pesky should be off lot and will return shortly - though, maybe with the attachment of the subhood it has somehow caused it to "bug", so a simple for rest with testingcheats on pesky should clear that icon.

EDIT2: I can't see tombstones on The Riverview City Cemetery lot, despite the fact HoodChecker was supposed to move them there. I restored hood and didn't run HoodChecker this time, just to see if that'll make any difference. Tombstones are still absent.

Now this is rather strange, I have also loaded a new fresh copy in my game (downloaded again from MTS and put in my game) and the graves do show up in the full version, but not the subhood.

I then delete the subhood, and re attach in another hood, what I did next was close the game before entering the graveyard (so it has not been loaded yet) and I run hood checker. Once ran through and fixed via hoodchecker they appear, I then went into the graveyard and they appear there.

EDIT3: Attached clean hoods of Pleasantview and Strangetown, then found the infamous sign of corruption. Screenshot below:

Now this one has me stumped! As I say, the only thing I can think of if it has not been "fixed" via Hood Checker once attached.

If you want to send me a message on discord, I will see the notifcations on there more then please do! Lord Crumps#9241 (That goes for anyone btw)

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 11:19 PM
I've been playing this for a while now. I'm doing a rainbow legacy and am on gen 3 (yellow). I love everything about this hood. It's the best I've ever played.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 11:15 PM Last edited by grammapat : 26th Sep 2021 at 10:01 PM.
Enjoying Rivercity. Except that I can't find any graves. And some minor stuff like no cashier in the pet shop. You might find this interesting: The heir, leaving in disgrace, takes everything he can:
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#70 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 9:46 PM
It seems like Bertha cannot cast spells. And when I try to check her abilities, the game crashes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 30th May 2022 at 5:56 PM
This neighborhood looks absolutely AMAZING! Thanks so much for uploading!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 11:19 AM
An awesome hood! I certaintly like it that you took some inspiration for the lots from TS3 ones. Thanks again, this is a bit fun to play, and many sims having a college degree has really made it better.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 10:52 PM
I've been distracted from my Riverview City game and should be getting back to setting the town up for my TOT challenge stating with early colonization in the spring of 1520 and start building a town from that colony.
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 2:10 PM
so i'm having this problem with the neighborhood, after installing it and opening for the fist time, it disapears, after I quit the game or even change to another neighborhood Riverview can't be found in the seletion anymore
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#75 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 8:37 PM
thank you
Page 3 of 4