Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 4:18 AM
Property set for afbodykimono?
So, my anal self has been going through and tweaking the property sets for all the clothing defaults I've downloaded. This sometimes means I need to extract the property sets myself, which is not normally a problem.

But I cannot, for the life of me, find the property set for afbodykimono. I found the texture file where it was supposed to be (in the base game folder for the Ultimate Collection) but there's just no property set.

Did the devs just forget to add it? (Lord knows it seems like the game is held together by bubblegum and dreams sometimes.) If it somehow is just missing, is there any way to make one myself?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 11:32 AM
Tried ufbodykimono? It is most likely shared with elders, and any shared items tend to get the U prefix.

If you make a recolor of the mesh in Bodyshop, you should get the proper name of the PropertySet file in the recolor file, minus any prefix like CASIE or color at the end.

Is it a BG item, or one of the items that come with the holiday packs? If it is the latter, all belonging files are in the H05 and H06 files.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 4:20 PM
Maybe you want yukata, afbodyyukata in BV's skins.package
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Tried ufbodykimono? It is most likely shared with elders, and any shared items tend to get the U prefix.

If you make a recolor of the mesh in Bodyshop, you should get the proper name of the PropertySet file in the recolor file, minus any prefix like CASIE or color at the end.

Is it a BG item, or one of the items that come with the holiday packs? If it is the latter, all belonging files are in the H05 and H06 files.

I've searched just "kimono" and come up with nothing. Normally just that works. I even managed to find the kimono texture file, so I know I wasn't spelling it wrong. To be extra safe, I chose a color from the kimono file that wouldn't be used that often and searched just *that* and still nothing.

I don't know how to make a recolor but I did go into bodyshop to start a new project with the kimono to see if I could get some info from there but the kimono isn't one of those that appears in the wardrobe. (At least, not that I could find. I looked through the whole wardrobe and saw the yukatas but not the kimono.) The irony of course being I can't make it appear in the wardrobe without the property set. (You even gave me the idea to try to use Wardrobe Wrangler on the default replacement I downloaded but, again, without a property set it's not doable.)

According to the default database, it's a base game item. And I did find a bunch of stuff under kimono, like the texture file, just not the property set. I did check the holiday sets like you recommended by nada. I'm honestly just so confused. :/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 5:46 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 5:50 PM
Just so we're on the same page - we're talking about this outfit? https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/215272.html
And not this one? https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/256184.html

Yep! That's the cursed outfit! XD
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 5:54 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Oct 2019 at 6:05 PM.
They're not a BG item, but part of the Holiday bundle. The main files are in the "H06.bundle" but no PropertySets.
(C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins) - or the Double Deluxe/UC version of the path.

However, there's three "afbodykimono" propertysets in the Skins file in the BG folder. Looks like they could be the right ones.
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins

(I'm not on the computer where my UC version is installed, so I'm not 100% sure, but they do show up there in the CD version)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 6:25 PM
They're not a BG item, but part of the Holiday bundle. The main files are in the "H06.bundle" but no PropertySets.
(C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins) - or the Double Deluxe/UC version of the path.

However, there's three "afbodykimono" propertysets in the Skins file in the BG folder. Looks like they could be the right ones.
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins

(I'm not on the computer where my UC version is installed, so I'm not 100% sure, but they do show up there in the CD version)

So, I'm in the skins.package where all the property sets for the BG are and there's no afbodykimono. :/ I didn't even use the search for it, I alphabetized all the property sets and then manually went down and looked at "afbodyk" and "CASIE_afbodyk" and there's nothing. (There are some property sets that are just called [Property Sets], brackets included, but it appears that they're all hairs.)

Okay, so I did a bit of experimenting and if you give me the Instance number, I should be able to search for it using that, which would give us a definitive answer as to whether or not it's missing from the package. Not "instance (high)" but the instance right after that one.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 7:24 PM
Could be a problem with the UC files.

Which date stamp does that Skin file in your game have? My CD version says 09.10.2006, which seems to go along with it being a Holiday update. I'm not sure if the UC files are organized differently.

I added the PropertySet files below (when you add them to a file they show the correct name), and a picture showing the files and instance numbers.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Kimono.rar (2.1 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 8:54 PM
Could be a problem with the UC files.

Which date stamp does that Skin file in your game have? My CD version says 09.10.2006, which seems to go along with it being a Holiday update. I'm not sure if the UC files are organized differently.

I added the PropertySet files below (when you add them to a file they show the correct name), and a picture showing the files and instance numbers.

Yeah, I think it's the UC files. The Skins file in the BG folder say 1/14/2015. I'm guessing that's when the files were updated for UC and when the property sets for the kimono got lost.

So, I went and looked up the instances for the kimono (I tried 2 of the 3) and it only finds a 3D ID Referencing file. However, when I look up something else (say the ktdream below kimono), I get a 3D ID Referencing file and a property set. So it looks like the UC just somehow lost the property set for the kimono at some point. (Either that, or there's something wrong with my specific version. Can't rule that out.)

Thank you so much for the files! I know it's just me being super anal about this but it would have bugged me so much.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 9:13 PM
Has this happened for any of the other Holiday items, too? Maybe they're hidden somewhere else. And which SimPE version do you have? The Holiday items have been known to go missing from SimPE occasionally, and I don't think the UC helped.

The CD versions would always go through an updating sequence when installing, and I always made sure to install them roughly in release order, so I'm not sure if that's got anything to do with it. The UC supposedly has everything, but some people have noticed a few files being moved or even missing, so it's not easy to say what's going on.

It is even possible the mesh was reused for BV and removed from the BG/Holiday files for the UC, because I think it may be the exact same mesh.Wouldn't be surprised if the UC version is simply using the BV mesh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 9:37 PM
Has this happened for any of the other Holiday items, too? Maybe they're hidden somewhere else. And which SimPE version do you have? The Holiday items have been known to go missing from SimPE occasionally, and I don't think the UC helped.

The CD versions would always go through an updating sequence when installing, and I always made sure to install them roughly in release order, so I'm not sure if that's got anything to do with it. The UC supposedly has everything, but some people have noticed a few files being moved or even missing, so it's not easy to say what's going on.

So far it hasn't happened for any other item, though I'm also not very far into re-categorizing my af clothing (I'm going through them in the order on the default database) and I haven't needed to search for a property set for every single outfit that I've gone through yet. I did go and check and see if I could find Adult Mrs Claus, since I know that's part of the holiday pack, and it does pop up when I search for it, in the Skins file in the BG folder. So it's got at least some of the holiday pack items.

I have version 0.72.1.33909 of SimPE. So far, it's been working great. Had a couple error messages pop up here and there but usually it's when I've clicked something accidentally so pretty sure those are my fault.

Honestly, I think I would have been way more surprised to hear that the UC was copied perfectly than I am to hear that they fucked some shit up. XD
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 11:41 PM
The 0.72 version isn't updated for M&G (but there is a fix I think), just so you know.

The UC is a bit touch and go with the 0.72, 0.73 and the newest 0.75f (which does seem to have some issues still), but if it recognizes the game I guess it's working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 12:32 AM Last edited by madegeeky : 7th Oct 2019 at 1:21 AM.
The 0.72 version isn't updated for M&G (but there is a fix I think), just so you know.

The UC is a bit touch and go with the 0.72, 0.73 and the newest 0.75f (which does seem to have some issues still), but if it recognizes the game I guess it's working.

I lists M&G as an option when I'm putting in what games I own and I just went and searched for something I know is in the skins package of M&G and it does find it, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe mine says 0.72 but is actually a higher version.

I notice that you don't list 0.74 as having an issue with UC. Do you think I should switch to that one?

So, I did find another outfit, which I think is also from the holiday pack, which doesn't have a property set, though all the other files for it seems to be in the h06 package. It's the qipao dress. I'm starting to see why these particular dresses don't have a lot of options. It's just so weird that it's some and not others. Like I said, I checked and all the santa (both female and male) property sets are there.

Okay, so I did a quick search and there are a couple threads where people are complaining that some holiday pack stuff isn't showing up and I'm wondering if that's directly because of the lack of property sets. So, I think what I'm going to do is make a backup of my skins package for BG and then add the property sets you sent me directly to the skins package and see if they show in bodyshop. If they do, we know it's the lack of property set that is keeping them from showing up. I need to go eat first but once I do, I'll try it and let you know.

Edit: Adding the property sets did work! See my reply to HugeLunatic below.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It sounds as if this might apply to you if your holiday files are not correct. https://moonkistsims.tumblr.com/pos...-happy-holidays

Thanks for the link! I just tried switching the skins.package moonkistsims had up for download with the one I had in my BG folder and, bam!, the missing dresses are there! The outfits just needed their property sets and then they show up in the game fine.

I think the op of the post you linked to is correct; they added in all the holiday stuff but then didn't put the correct skins.package (with the holiday property sets) into the UC.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 10:36 AM
I don't think there is a 0.74 version of SimPE - Quaxi updated one of the previous versions, so I'm guessing 0.74 was probably just a test version and the actual "finished" version got named 0.75f. It still has a few issues, though.
Scholar
#19 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 3:42 PM
There can be no QA 0.74 version for SimPe, the definition for QA in the source is that the major version is an odd number, the even numbers are for development and testing. That is why it went straight from 0.73 to 0.75.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 4:50 PM
I don't think there is a 0.74 version of SimPE - Quaxi updated one of the previous versions, so I'm guessing 0.74 was probably just a test version and the actual "finished" version got named 0.75f. It still has a few issues, though.

Thank you for the info and for all the help you've given me. I've learned a lot of stuff that I bet will be helpful in the future thanks to you. <3

That's good to know about SimPE. The one I have seems to be working for what I need it to do, so I'll probably stick with it for the moment. If I run into issues I'll update. Thank you again for all the help! <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
There can be no QA 0.74 version for SimPe, the definition for QA in the source is that the major version is an odd number, the even numbers are for development and testing. That is why it went straight from 0.73 to 0.75.

This is really interesting! I'd never heard this before and it's good to know for the future. Thank you for taking the time to explain.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madegeeky
That's good to know about SimPE. The one I have seems to be working for what I need it to do, so I'll probably stick with it for the moment. If I run into issues I'll update. Thank you again for all the help! <3

If it ain't broken, don't fix it