Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 2:34 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 25th Apr 2020 at 9:48 PM.
Default How to fix big light area and the dark area on the legs below the shorts and the back?
I had successfully swapped the shoes and the shoe texture from Jawusa's age converted basketball outfit and put on a Maxis swim trunk mesh and corrected the normals by using allign normals however there's a big area that starts below the knees and ending to the top of the shoes that makes the skin tone noticeably lighter then the rest that i'm unable to fix and there's one part on the back of the legs below the shorts that's darker and mismatches with the rest.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Zigzagshorts Project Folder.rar (148.1 KB, 6 downloads)
File Type: rar  Zigzag Swim.rar (89.0 KB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 11:43 AM
In your texture, there's a shadow beneath the shorts which I assume you missed when editing the brightness or such, so it turned grey/white:

If you erase that (or make it black again if you want it), the brightness on the front of the legs disappear. At the back though, I have no clue as to what's causing that. Perhaps it's the mesh? If no one else has any suggestion, I would probably import legs from another mesh and replace your current legs
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
In your texture, there's a shadow beneath the shorts which I assume you missed when editing the brightness or such, so it turned grey/white:

If you erase that (or make it black again if you want it), the brightness on the front of the legs disappear. At the back though, I have no clue as to what's causing that. Perhaps it's the mesh? If no one else has any suggestion, I would probably import legs from another mesh and replace your current legs

I wonder why my texture look so different from yours because I didn't have that problem with mine. Anyways I fixed it by importing a Maxis swimsuit mesh and swapped out the feet with the basketball shoes mesh from Jawusa's age converted basketball outfit and tweaked it so there's not so much clipping between the bottom of the legs and the shoes then tweaked the uv map to fix the shoe texture bleed. I somehow had messed up the original mesh which turned out to be an easy fix. Maybe it's because I chopped a part of the legs while I trying to replace the feet with the shoe mesh or the uv map. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.Here's the finished result in case you're interested in how it turned out. I'm very satisfied and happy with the finished results although the shorts would need some good retexturing because it's so blurry but I'll save that for a different time.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 6:38 PM
Oh really? That's weird! Glad you found a solution though and great work!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
Oh really? That's weird! Glad you found a solution though and great work!

Thank you very much. Have a wonderful day.