Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 11:31 AM
For me, it's less about particular features I'd like to not see return. As I'd be fine with a lot of stuff coming back so long as it was improved upon. For me rather it's more about the stuff that has been with the franchise since the beginning that refuses to go away.

Like the messed up time scale. So making food that should take about 10 minutes ends up lasting for around 2 hours. Or your sim just stares off into space blankly into space for 5 minutes as they figure out how to navigate across an empty room. Then there's the issues with the sims you AREN'T babysitting constantly, who completely lack any sense of priorities or interests. Left alone, a starving sim on the verge of peeing themselves will opt to just go play video games, or react to something uselessly, like screaming at a crying baby/toddler and then just stand there staring blankly off into space.

Just that really screwed up sense of time/priorities/habits that bother me. I'm fine with my sims teleporting into super speed cars because at least it's not taking them 7 minutes to sit down and 5 more to turn the key in the ignition.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 6:21 PM
The camera! Seriously, the camera in TS3 sucks when building. It cannot focus properly when you have all floors+roof active. When I colour and build my house, I really prefer having it all walls and floors up, but then the camera flies away so you can't have your house centered, because it focuses too much on the roof. If I move the camera slightly down, it falls down to the ground instead. There is no in-between.

There was no problem in TS2, so I don't know how they could fail this badly.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 3:40 AM
Chess table , I don't want to see once Sims move their piece position is change like 10moves and suddenly checkmate after 5turn.
Hope to see move by move (like when Sims play chess on computer).

But on computer that is still stupid cause every games end up by Bxe8 (White Bishop take Black King on e8) anyone who can play chess know that take enemy King is an illegal move.
Test Subject
#104 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 4:37 AM
Probably already been said-- too lazy to read through 5 pages.
But to say again: laundry!! I know it's a life simulation game, but so dull...

Also, fewer rabbit holes. I was really, really hoping with sims medieval that the sims3 time machine would then link to that whole world... no such luck.
Or that the sims paradise would have an underwater atlantis.
More wonder, more explorations.
Less level grinding.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by berninicaco3
Probably already been said-- too lazy to read through 5 pages.
But to say again: laundry!! I know it's a life simulation game, but so dull...

I actually quite liked it because it was optional. I mainly just use it for my rich Sims so that the maid has more to do than just make the beds.
Alchemist
#106 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 3:08 PM
I'd like to add the overuse of specular and bloom lighting effects.

Do not want.
Instructor
#107 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 7:34 PM
*deep breath* Burrito babies, pudding faces, no car animations, the game loading every single texture for every single thing instead of remembering what each stuff had (why couldn't it be like it the sims 2, takes a while to load the catalogue after you download new stuff, but after that first time it's smooth), the stupid things like the sparkle vampires, the whole zombie "life state" eating plants and invading your house, dumping everything that happens to a sim in the moodlets instead of showing the effects to us, the rabbit holes, no aspirations, almost useless traits, borked attraction system, too much focus on young adults yet children have nothing to do, a downright bugged game that seems to need a patch every few months and a tons of mods to make it remotely stable, removal of player choice like the scolding and automatic romance on prom thing, no possibility of rotation play like in the sims 2, no genetics, stupid memory system, the damn celebrities- *out of breath*

Oh The choir of angels that happened every time time you fulfil a want. So annoying.
Alchemist
#108 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
*deep breath* Burrito babies, pudding faces, no car animations, the game loading every single texture for every single thing instead of remembering what each stuff had (why couldn't it be like it the sims 2, takes a while to load the catalogue after you download new stuff, but after that first time it's smooth), the stupid things like the sparkle vampires, the whole zombie "life state" eating plants and invading your house, dumping everything that happens to a sim in the moodlets instead of showing the effects to us, the rabbit holes, no aspirations, almost useless traits, borked attraction system, too much focus on young adults yet children have nothing to do, and a downright bugged game that seems to need a patch every few months and a tons of mods to make it remotely stable, removal of player choice like the scolding and automatic romance on prom thing, no possibility of rotation play like in the sims 2, no genetics, stupid memory system- *out of breath*

Oh The choir of angels that happened every time time you fulfil a want. So annoying.

*hands glass of water*

Well said. Here, have a drink.
Instructor
#109 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
*hands glass of water*

Well said. Here, have a drink.

Thank you.
And I didn't even say half of the stuff. Had to edit to add the celebrity thing, and I forgot about the stupid Island Paradise that had half its content unavailable if you didn't want the stupid neighbourhood it came with (the underwater exploration), releasing almost worthless stuff packs and yet putting the stuff sims players have been begging for years, like the farm animals and player shops on the stupid store, the stupid system that doesn't even have a proper FPS limit and requires more than 2gb ram to use but it won't use it even if your pc has it unless you twist its arm, developers not knowing major features of previous eps, which explains many bugs, arrghhh.

It'd be easier to count the things I did like. I did like some things in the sims 3 I promise, but man, you had to forgive it a lot to be able to enjoy it.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 12:10 PM Last edited by broo : 27th Sep 2013 at 12:20 PM.
Puffy faces that all look pretty much the same (Sims 3)
Opportunities (those annoyingly repetitive mini-challenges) (Sims 3)
Smartphones for everyone and their dog (Sims 3)
Useless genetics (Sims 3)
Moodlets (Sims 3)
Open neighbourhood (Sims 3)
Forced legacy style play (Sims 3)
I also really hate the fact that we cannot decorate or even move or place new lots in our neighbourhoods in Sims 3 without some kind of tools, cheats or hacks. Seriously, I just do not have time or patience for that.

Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
the ice cream van stopping on your street everyday

Why? It's actually happening on the street I live on right now... Some days we get three different vans.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 2:41 PM
i'm not against challenges.. but the team has to implement this right.. not to have the same challenge over and over again. i worked as an architect an the same challenge for the same family appeared more than 4 times throughout the entire career. Come on...not realistic.
Test Subject
#112 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13

My mom who by the way is totally fine with me blowing up virtual people into virtual blood and gore in other games says that that particular sound creeps her out.
Alchemist
#113 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 4:32 PM
Implement it right... yes, they need to do that. I'd like to know if they studied the Sims 2 as a group, brainstormed and asked each other why it works so well. I think they should look at it like it's their lifeline to the consumer. Because, in my view, it is that good a game. I like the shiny of Sims 3, the open world, but the magic is in Sims 2. Maybe that's why they are "going back to the roots" or however they worded it. But... are they really?
Alchemist
#114 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by broo
Smartphones for everyone and their dog (Sims 3)

I completely agree.

I also think it's stupid that everyone has smartphones by default since the Technophobe trait is available in CAS.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#115 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 8:48 PM
Should be possible for a technophobe to really go without technology.

Being able to do everything related to the writing skill on a notepad would help with that as well, which makes common sense anyways.
They could do a lot of stuff through common mail, dont think sims can write normal letters to friends, only love letters. A pity, when you look at how many great letters the great minds of the last century send to each other.

I'd also like to see combinations of traits work better though. A friendly technophobe sim wouldnt destroy the tv when he knows his girlfriend likes to watch it. That would be mean. He wouldnt watch with her then, and could just choose to sit on the couch next to her and read a book. Only if hes mean spirited, grumpy or such could he be outspoken on his view of technology and try to enforce it on others. Same could happen with vegetarians. Some could be really confrontational about others eating meat and being strongly opposed to it while most sims could just leave it be.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 12:50 AM
I completely agree.

I also think it's stupid that everyone has smartphones by default since the Technophobe trait is available in CAS.

Do dogs really have smart phones? What about the invisible pocket, even if they're in the shower, somewhere around their hips their cellphone rings.
And what's up with the putting your car or other large objects that would be unrealistic to fit in your inventory? But I think it was for the better, otherwise the streets would be crowded with cars.
Maybe the newly created sims should just have the old cellphone back, and other tech savvy sims can opt to upgrade to a smartphone.
Alchemist
#117 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeannie4414
And what's up with the putting your car or other large objects that would be unrealistic to fit in your inventory? But I think it was for the better, otherwise the streets would be crowded with cars.
Maybe the newly created sims should just have the old cellphone back, and other tech savvy sims can opt to upgrade to a smartphone.

The streets should be filled with cars if a lot of sims have them. In real life, if everyone shoved a car up their ass, there would be a lot less traffic in the streets of New York.

I also think that newly created sims shouldn't have any gadgets attached to them. Phones should be buyable in Buy Mode. They are not penises.
Test Subject
#118 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 12:28 PM
No foot tapping! I hate that.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#119 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 12:50 PM
No more endless patches.
No more shiny bloom on everything that makes my sim look like a blob of pudding.
No more everything free - give my sim a solid reason to leave the house or make them pay for the privilege of being a grumpy recluse.(Food deliveries/online shopping)
No more half empty EPs with all the content one might actually want in an overpriced store.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 1:41 PM
No more larva babies
Test Subject
#121 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 8:58 AM
I would like to see something between rabbit holes and Ambitions 'must control everything at work' system. Or even if there are rabbit hole please make more than one type and have different colour options.
I would like to see a curfew system that had teen and child sims returning home automatically instead of getting arrested with the option to sneak out or ask permission to stay out.
No more all light coloured surfaces are blindingly bright near a light source.
No more incompetent service sims.
Return of buying clothes and non-magic fridges.
Story progression that doesn't mean a random family has moved into Agnes Crumplebottom's one bedroom house, a couple who don't want kids have 3, rich sims moving into cheap houses.
Random opportunities should be more appropriate. Sim has reached x level in painting and has been commissioned by town hall for a painting, sim has child at school and has been asked to make a plate of cookies for bake sale.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 9:20 AM
I completely agree.

Exactly my point. Few days ago my 9y/o daughter (Sims are kind of a family game in our household) created a family of Technophobes in hopes that it will make for more challenging gameplay, forcing sims to go out to talk to others and paint or read for fun instead of watching TV. Imagine her disappointment when at the end of the first night when the husbands fancy pocket phone rang and he didn't even freak out before answering it. She was almost sobbing with disbelief - "But they are all Technophobes!!!"
Scholar
#123 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 6:15 PM
Sims 3 stuff that I don't want to return to TS4? Uh, none of it, really. Give me a NEW game.
Instructor
#124 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 6:26 PM
I agree with most things already posted and am so appreciative of the laughs I got from many of the posts here.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 7:28 PM
The loading times between areas! Every time I bounce back between one sim's location and another's, the surroundings take some time to load and everything's all textureless and blanked out during. It breaks immersion for me, even though it only takes a few seconds to finish. Tis a small complaint, though.

But a bigger one would be the supernaturals. I didn't like having supes all lazily stuffed into one pack, when you could get them all unlocked seperately in different packs. There's no mystery or curiosity with these supes. You know you're getting them right off the bat, so it's no longer "secret" anymore. Not only that, but you can skip the whole supe-finding process by making your own immediately, taking away the challenge of finding one and becoming one. AND THEN, if you don't decide to make one, you can move into an ENTIRE TOWN flooded with supernaturals. It felt too excessive, and broke away from what the sims was really for for me. Also, fix all the glitches associated with the supernaturals before you sell them! The werewolves have a sim-breaking glitch, the zombies pop out whenever they want, and some supes are just more developed them others.
Page 5 of 17