Replies: 11616 (Who?), Viewed: 717012 times.
Page 461 of 465
Mad Poster
#11501 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Coding for doors (by which I mean having the option to specify whether certain groups would or would not be able to pass through a door... like the bathroom doors do for genders, but more customizable. For instance, I'd love to be able to make vampires unable to enter a church.)

I know you don't like using CC, but Inge has some customizable doors here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...cessControl.htm

But as for the natural ability to block certain visitors, it would have been great if EA had done it. Otherwise, we're left to our own solutions.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Theorist
#11502 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:21 PM
The conversation about parties in the random thread reminded me that there should be a family phone book for party invitations. When it comes to birthday parties, it doesn't make sense that the game measures the relationship between the host and potential guest instead of the relationship between the invitee and the Sim the party is for. I know you can invite Sims separately later, but it would be easier to use the party dialog. It would also be nice if entire households could throw a party together, so everyone can invite a friend, and everyone could get their want to throw a party fulfilled.
Top Secret Researcher
#11503 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 9:51 AM
I use:
1. Simwardrobe - Throw Massive Parties Pets-Seasons: "This fix will increase the number of people that you can invite to parties. Up to 255 sims can be invited to a party, regardless of your system specs." Available here thanks to Bulbizarre. I use it with all EPs and it works okay.
2. Squinge's Always Accept Party Invitations, which does what the name says, and
3. Midgethetree's Throw Party Want All Residents & Party Success/Failure Want All Residents: "With "throw party want all residents", the generic "throw a party" want will be fulfilled for any resident in the active family when a party is thrown. With "party success/failure want all residents", any resident in the active family will get wants/fears for a successful/failed party fulfilled. Residents must be on the lot and awake for either to count, both mods are compatible with each other."

What I don't remember atm is if the sim making the call needs to know everyone you want to invite. I'm having mixed memories about how the party invite works. In any case, there are mods like Phaenoh's phonebook to look up/meet sims so you can call them.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#11504 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 4:14 PM
From Bon Voyage:

I have a cc version of the hammock without supports, that I'm always trying to line up to one tile trees with snapobjectstogrid off. I'd love to see it modded to a three tile footprint.

Also I would like toddlers and babies to be able to sleep in tents. My real ones always did!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#11505 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 6:01 PM
Yes - babies and toddlers sleep in tents in my life too - I put up the tent in the garden for my grandchild one night and he thought it was the best thing yet (winter here, we will do it again in summer). So I would like such a mod as well!
Field Researcher
#11506 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 7:53 PM
Does any know a way to stop kids from floating when you hack them as adults? The reason I'm asking is I'm making a story based on the movie Freaky Friday (where the parent and the kid switch bodies where the kid is the adult and the parent is the kid.) It's a comedy story. I was just wondering how to stop the "floating" by either with a mod or some kind of tweak. Personally I'd love to see a mod where (hacked) kids are not floating. This is just for the story.
Top Secret Researcher
#11507 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 8:28 PM
They float because there aren't proper animations for whatever you're trying to make the kid do. The only way to fix it is to create new custom animations for kids for whatever interaction you're using.
Theorist
#11508 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
I use: <snipped longer post>

Thanks @Phantomknight - that will be very helpful.

On the floating kids - you can also fix the problem sometimes using BHAVs, as Chris Hatch explained in this thread. But it definitely doesn't work for every animation.
Mad Poster
#11509 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 4:39 PM
A clone of the "ask to watch kids..." interaction that automatically transfers money to the babysitter (how much can be determined with a slider, perhaps).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Theorist
#11510 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:26 PM
so I just had the most awesomeliest idea for a mod .. of sorts (well the idea sounded cool to me :P) .. though I don't think it's possible to do...

anyways...
ya know how a sim gets a memory when they have a baby ... well what if they also got a "found out they were preg memory .. maybe with the first bump ... memory could be a good/ bad one dependin on mood when they "found out" and what their asp is

also a red had baby memory for same reason as above would be cool as well
Alchemist
#11511 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:42 PM
My sims usually find it out when they hear lullaby. And when they will get out of the bed they immediately start to talk about it.
Theorist
#11512 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaminna
My sims usually find it out when they hear lullaby. And when they will get out of the bed they immediately start to talk about it.

I have the silent preg mod as I like to be as surprised as the sim is when they bump.... lol
Mad Poster
#11513 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 1:26 AM
A sure fire way for them to 'know' they're pregnant is when the female rushes into the bathroom and starts throwing up. Even in a modded game, the "Am I pregnant" question will show up in her thought bubble...

My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Theorist
#11514 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 1:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
A sure fire way for them to 'know' they're pregnant is when the female rushes into the bathroom and starts throwing up. Even in a modded game, the "Am I pregnant" question will show up in her thought bubble...

True .. I just thought it'd be cool if they got an actual memory of them findin out that they are pregs ...
I doubt it's somethin that could be done... well, I suppose a memory could be made (though not by this goofy gal who knows squat when it comes to modding :P) and then manually put in with either SimPE or Memory Manipulator ... but I much prefer things to happy autonomously and/ or randomly ...
Lab Assistant
#11515 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 1:26 AM
An edit of the Dueling swords from Simwardrobe to allow sims to kill one another for medival RP.

JESSE!
Alchemist
#11516 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 4:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrinder
I'd like to see a global environment mod/hack or even an object hack that keeps the environment at maximum across all forms of lots regardless of what they are. If there is a mod/hack/object hack out there for environment I haven't seen one yet and I've been looking for a long time for years now.

Is it even possible to max out environment score and keep it on max?
Even Simslice Electro Booster what keeps all needs on max doesn't affect environment, And whatever I try to do, when my sim goes off to work, their environment drops a lot.
It will be really great to have this kind of hack.
Test Subject
#11517 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 6:35 AM
I'd love to see a mod removing the crossed out thought bubbles Sims get when another Sim uses the bathroom. They're slowly but surely ruining my pictures in bigger families, haha.
Instructor
#11518 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 9:32 PM
After the recent death in my game which I didn't actually orchestrate, I really wish there was a funeral mod. Like, an event one could throw that would have all guests arrive (like a wedding), maybe in a pre-picked black outfit (like how in the base game the bride would change into a white glove-dress at the altar), and the attendees would mourn the deceased and maybe cheer each other up autonomously. That combined with the eulogy mod from here would make funerals a lot less annoying than mine was, having to make everyone selectable to sit them down every five seconds because they just wouldn't sit still for god's sake.

Quote:
And whatever I try to do, when my sim goes off to work, their environment drops a lot.

That sounds like there're some things outside that are bringing the score down. I think roaches and maybe weeds and leaves, but at the very least a kicked trash can surely bring down the environment score outside.
Mad Poster
#11519 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
After the recent death in my game which I didn't actually orchestrate, I really wish there was a funeral mod. Like, an event one could throw that would have all guests arrive (like a wedding), maybe in a pre-picked black outfit (like how in the base game the bride would change into a white glove-dress at the altar), and the attendees would mourn the deceased and maybe cheer each other up autonomously. That combined with the eulogy mod from here would make funerals a lot less annoying than mine was, having to make everyone selectable to sit them down every five seconds because they just wouldn't sit still for god's sake.

That sounds like there're some things outside that are bringing the score down. I think roaches and maybe weeds and leaves, but at the very least a kicked trash can surely bring down the environment score outside.

Look in the links under my signature or look up 'funeral' in this forum. There are files you can use to phone guests for a funeral, you can pick which clothes they show up in for it, too with a few hacks. I use a hacked chair to make them sit while giving a eulogy and they all properly cry while listening..

Instructor
#11520 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 4:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakell
I'd love to see a mod removing the crossed out thought bubbles Sims get when another Sim uses the bathroom. They're slowly but surely ruining my pictures in bigger families, haha.

The showHeadlines off cheat helps for pics, but it removes everything, so it's not great for gameplay.
Inventor
#11521 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 1:01 PM
Regarding pregnancy: I've noticed there seems to be a special speech bubble (a white pacifier) that will sometimes pop up during chatting if the sim is pregnant but before the first bump. I have the silent pregnancy mod and have been clued in to a pregnancy by it when the sim had no morning sickness.
Field Researcher
#11522 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 5:55 PM
I wish there was a mod, or even an object, that affected Lot Class.

It seems like, no matter what, all my lots are Low Class.

It doesn't affect my game play too much - especially now that I know to use the boolprop temporary fix to make this change when new Apartment Neighbours are moving it.

But there are a number of really cool looking mods by simler90 that are affected by Lot Class, and so I haven't downloaded a bunch of them.

I'd like my Lot Classes to actually reflect the class of the lots!
Inventor
#11523 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 5:16 PM
Something I was reminded of and I don't think I've posted about before, is that it'd be fun to have assignable objects to set up fake workplaces. For example, say I have sims in the journalism career. I could build a newspaper office and plop down some assignable computers, using a career specific drop-down to find and assign playables to those computers. Then, when I visit the lot with someone else, those playables spawn at the computers and "work". It'd be even nicer if they can be interacted with, have some job-specific functions, and are there at hours they are scheduled for at their job level. I know Chris Hatch has some workplace mods but they seem to be more of the "follow your sim to work" type of thing. I'm thinking more of something kind of like Sophie-David's lecterns, with any functions being linked to their particular job (like maybe someone could go in and do an "interview", or "place an ad" with one of the spawned workers). The workers wouldn't need to earn any money while spawned, since they would still be earning money the regular way when their lots are played.

Another mod I'd love but highly doubt could ever be done is the ability for sims to rent spaces on a community lot, instead of buying a whole lot outright. They would work kind of like apartments, with the renter sim having control over their own little space, while the other spaces are game-controlled like how owned lots are when visiting with a non-owner.

Both of these thoughts came about because I had been building main street type buildings in one hood and thought they would be so much more fun to visit if I could properly fill up all the spaces.
Theorist
#11524 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 7:09 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 21st Aug 2020 at 8:31 PM.
thought I'd share this here so anyone else who thought as I did 'bout it bein cool to get a "I'm pregnant" memory. whoward69 did it :D

Well, he was already workin on his mod and added my idea to it. It's a pregnancy test kit which the sims take either directed to or autonomously.

Ok, seems as if I posted the wrong link ... good mod though :D
Here's the I'm pregnant memory.
Lab Assistant
#11525 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 4:04 AM
I'd love someone to merge the 3t2 bikes conversion set that Veranka did with some form of functionality that doesn't involve the use of NPCs (like mickyss rideable bikes and mopeds )

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Page 461 of 465