2 people viewing
Replies: 11625 (Who?), Viewed: 718045 times.
Page 462 of 466
Field Researcher
#11526 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 4:03 PM
I'd like to see a mod where if you slow dance with a sim, Stepping on toes is wiped out. I understand that sims with low music and dance skills will step on feet more often than not, But I am making a video with 2 sims slow dancing through a complete song and it keeps being interrupted by stepping on toes. Should I just cheat up the music and dance skill or is there a mod that can nuke stepping on feet completely?
Mad Poster
#11527 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 5:36 PM
It'd be cool to have an Animagus skill that witches could develop if they maxed out their magic skills... Even if it's still just limited to the cats, dogs, wolves, skunks, and penguins that exist in the game already, it could still be a really fun way of bringing a more magical element to the animals in the game.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11528 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 5:36 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 29th Aug 2020 at 5:46 PM.
I'd like a mod to hit this on the head:
Fun-loving children and teens coming home from school with their Fun meters tanking because school is so boring. Playful kids are lovely and they deserve much better. The public school system is failing them, and failing them badly.

I know that some serious motivated pupils -- like Andrew and Julian -- enjoy school and the learning experience it gives them. And good luck to them. But it fails far too many more playful pupils and makes their young lives miserable. Is this really the purpose of school -- to take all the fun out of learning? Sometimes, when I see young lives ruined like this, I think that it must be.

Now I know Maxis' answer to this: get them into a private school. But lets face it: the private school system stinks too. It is absolutely rooted in notions of snobbery and elitism. It's not just me who thinks this. My young Sim friend Andrew thinks so too. I know because he said so. When that pompous prat of a headmaster Tony Bertino refused to let him into his snobby little school. When the prat said that he and his wonderful mum Gloria were "not the sort of family with which the school wished to be associated". Do we really want impressionable young Sims' minds to be inculcated with this sort of pernicious nonsense?

No! The young Sims of Veronaville and its environs demand a root and branch reform of the education system that gives them the stimulating and enjoyable schooling that they so richly deserve.

So does anyone know of any mods that might give my playful young Sims an education, within the public school system, that doesn't take all the fun out of the learning experience? You know they deserve better than they're getting.

When writing this I got so impassioned that I shed real tears. When I become a Sim, I really will go into the Political Career; I think it's where my vocation must lie. There'd be votes in it too. The voting age in Veronaville is now 13. And the population is young.

Credit: The young teen who helped me with the illustration for this post is Glenda McBain of Veronaville.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
#11530 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 7:00 PM
Thanks HugeLunatic!

I believe I've seen that mod before, but I'd forgotten all about it! Nysha says (or implies) it might clash with Inge's schools, but seeing the only one I use regularly is Flexi-school (for Sims who don't go to school at all) I suspect it will be ok. I also use Moghughson's Homework Sometimes Faster Fun mod, which I believe gives a small boost to serious Sims (like Andrew and Julian). Anyway I'll try it, and, if I get any problems, changing the load order might help. If it does work, Glenda and her brother Gerry will be very grateful to you and Nysha. And so I think will a lot of other young Sims in my game.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Instructor
#11531 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 11:41 AM
Meduza released custom smart phone mod, now I'd like to see non-replacement handheld devices?
Field Researcher
#11532 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 7:32 PM
I want the option to invite all sims over for 3 days, not just vacation Hood sims.

I always play that my university is far away - it would be nice to invite kids home for a couple days to see their parents.
Field Researcher
#11533 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 7:54 PM
I'd like to see an autonomous slow dance mod
Lab Assistant
#11534 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 4:12 PM
Since we've got playable ghosts, I'd like to see a mod that would let them haunt and possess various objects.
Mad Poster
#11535 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 4:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
It'd be cool to have an Animagus skill that witches could develop if they maxed out their magic skills... Even if it's still just limited to the cats, dogs, wolves, skunks, and penguins that exist in the game already, it could still be a really fun way of bringing a more magical element to the animals in the game.

I so want to see this for my Harry Potter sims!
Scholar
#11536 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:18 PM
I'd like a hack that made sims only roll the "marco polo" want when there is a pool available and for only children to roll it. If this exists already I've never come across it.
Test Subject
#11537 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 2:27 PM
I wonder if it is possible to have a mod, perhaps a modded object that can be used to push multiple unselectable sims to perform an action, such as when organizing a party have the guests slow dance/socialize, guide to a certain area etc. I know they can be directed by being made selectable but when organizing big parties it gets confusing.
Mad Poster
#11538 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 4:21 AM
I would like the Neighborhood Deco catalog to work the same way as the Buy and Build Mode catalots. In Buy/Build mode, if I use the eyedropper on an item, the catalog jumps to the page with that item on it. In the Neighborhood Deco catalog, the eyedropper will pick up the object, but the catalog won't jump to the page it's on. I have a LOT of objects in the Neighborhood Deco catalog and it's difficult for me to keep track of what stuff is in which category. It would be a great help to have a fixed eyedropper that goes straight to the right page.
#11539 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimipossa
I wonder if it is possible to have a mod, perhaps a modded object that can be used to push multiple unselectable sims to perform an action, such as when organizing a party have the guests slow dance/socialize, guide to a certain area etc. I know they can be directed by being made selectable but when organizing big parties it gets confusing.

Like a mass 'influence to...' action? That'd be cool.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is Forever-Evenfall. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#11540 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 1:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriel_Muroz
I always play that my university is far away - it would be nice to invite kids home for a couple days to see their parents.
You can invite them home and then invite them to stay the night, can't you? Even without the YA Sims in main 'hood mod?

A non-romantic Stay the night / Sleepover mod would be useful anyway. There are plenty of occasions when it would make sense to offer visitors a bed for the night, without them assuming that you're trying to seduce them. I recall Garry trying in vain to get Andrew and Julian to stay and see the New Year in with himself and Gloria. Andrew seemed to think he was making an improper suggestion. Garry had a spare bedroom for them to sleep in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrinder
I'd like to see an autonomous slow dance mod
That would be good in nightclubs.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#11541 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 2:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimipossa

===
Especially during a marriage when guest have wandered all over the lot and forgotten what they are supposed to be doing.

Namaste... or "go"
Instructor
#11542 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 5:03 PM
Wish there was a mod where you could set how much starting funds a sim moving out of the household gets. Like with the combo of no20khandouts and the money order, except you could set any amount instead of a portion of the family's funds. The game is balanced with sums of money from nowhere being taken into account, but it's a hassle going into SimPE every time I want to take some away when I move two adults in as room-mates.
Field Researcher
#11543 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 5:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Like a mass 'influence to...' action? That'd be cool.

Watching some videos on YT where sims weddings take place and the player tries to corral the guests to stay in one spot during the wedding ceremony is hilarious. Everybody wandering around as the wedding is ruined into chaos and bedlam.
Theorist
#11544 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Essa : 11th Sep 2020 at 6:16 PM.
I haven't done wedding in a long time but I used to play those with free will off.

I wish there was a mod where sims could nap on a bed.
Field Researcher
#11545 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 6:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
I wish there was a mod where sims could nap on a bed.

There's a couch OMPS that's invisible and you can put on a bed. Then sims can sit on it or take a nap.
Scholar
#11546 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 6:47 PM
@Essa Me too, on the bed napping!
I don't have trouble with the beginning of weddings, just put the arch up, set out enough chairs, and start the ceremony the minute everyone arrives. As long as you keep it clear of possible routing failures it goes pretty smoothly. If you let everyone get on lot and start to do stuff then you will have problems. My issue is getting them all to eat when you put out the buffet, I would like a "call to eat" action on that.
For general parties, I usually use a stereo and have the host dance and then invite everyone to join. That at least corrals them into one area. Although now that I think about it I CJ's "Dance Near Stereo" hack so that wouldn't work unless you had that one as well.
Lab Assistant
#11547 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 8:22 PM
I'd like to see nice, high-quality default replacements for the food in game.

I'm kind of tired of the low-res textures and general look of some of the in-game food after so many years and I also don't want to add too many custom foods to my game.

But there's hardly anything like that out there it seems, apart from some medieval/Victorian food defaults. Whenever I see food from TS3 or TS4 or even just really nice looking deco CC foods, I really wish the food my sims cook and eat in TS2 could look like that.

Frankly, if someone made nice functional, edible food from TS4 conversions or something (pretty sure some TS4 food has already been converted to TS2 as deco food), I'd even consider adding them as custom foods. I just want better looking food options that don't look like they came straight from 2007

Along similar lines, I also thought I used to have a mod that enabled the vacation foods and the grill foods to be made from the fridge, but I can't find anything like that and thinking about it now, I'm not sure that would even be possible (without adding them in as custom foods again I mean), so I must have made that up. But I'd love to be able to pull hamburgers or tropical ribs or whatever from the fridge that use the game resources that are already there, so I don't have to add anything into the game that's already in there technically.
Field Researcher
#11548 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 8:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
===
Especially during a marriage when guest have wandered all over the lot and forgotten what they are supposed to be doing.

Chris Hatch has a wedding mat mod that you could use. (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534) When you click "Get Married", then the guests all come towards the mat, will sit and watch if there are chairs facing it, stand and applaud at the end, and as a nice touch, two bridesmaid relatives of the couple (if available on the lot) will stand to the sides of the wedding couple with bouquets in hand as the ceremony progresses. I've used the mat (it has an almost invisible recolor) AND an arch (just for decoration purposes) for some of my Sims' nuptials.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#11549 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 9:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quweenie
Along similar lines, I also thought I used to have a mod that enabled the vacation foods and the grill foods to be made from the fridge,
Carrigon made restaurant style foods available at home, but alas I can't find a working link. not sure if anyone has her mods archived anywhere. My Sims 2 backup server is dead at the moment, when I get it back up I'll look for her files.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -MORE RADIO-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Top Secret Researcher
#11550 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 12:05 AM
Is there any kind of mod which will force the game to show custom skintones in the "buy clothing" dialog? I've default-replaced every skintone in the game and added a bunch of custom geneticized skintones, and every time I buy clothes the game just depicts the sim in the dialog with the regular Maxis S2 skin, which isn't helpful for seeing how the clothing will look if the sim actually has a supernatural skin or is very dark or very light.
Page 462 of 466