Replies: 11618 (Who?), Viewed: 717158 times.
Page 463 of 465
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11551 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 3:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Carrigon made restaurant style foods available at home, but alas I can't find a working link. not sure if anyone has her mods archived anywhere. My Sims 2 backup server is dead at the moment, when I get it back up I'll look for her files.

Morague has a Restaraunt Meals at Home Series right here on MTS. https://modthesims.info/m/3927

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#11552 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 10:10 AM
#11553 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 11:17 AM
Is there a mod that makes it so residents of a main hood can’t show up as walkbys in a shopping/downtown hood and vice versa? For scenarios in which you, say, have two towns or kingdoms or whatever, but they’re meant to be far enough apart that you can’t easily get there, but they’re part of the same universe so you can’t just have two separate hoods...

If there’s not a mod like that, I’d want it, lol.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is Forever-Evenfall. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#11554 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 12:05 PM
Field Researcher
#11555 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 8:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimipossa
I wonder if it is possible to have a mod, perhaps a modded object that can be used to push multiple unselectable sims to perform an action, such as when organizing a party have the guests slow dance/socialize, guide to a certain area etc. I know they can be directed by being made selectable but when organizing big parties it gets confusing.

Perhaps it's possible to mod the "do the Smustle" interaction into "let's all slow dance/mingle/shoot hoops" ?

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Test Subject
#11556 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 9:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4RE
Perhaps it's possible to mod the "do the Smustle" interaction into "let's all slow dance/mingle/shoot hoops" ?

Yes that's a good idea! I haven't thought about that. I had a look at the Simlogical school mods, as I was curious how they work but really I am no wiser. I imagine to get sims to interact with each other would be more complicated than an individual action such as smustle dance. Plus there is a certain relationship requirement with classical dance (I really want to organise a posh ball/garden party at the mayor's house and no, you do NOT smustle dance at those ).

I just think such a mod would make such a difference to the atmosphere of certain game events. Sims are far too creative/audacious especially when visiting others lol. As for railing everyone into the intended space I might try the invisible fences. I know there are certain objects that attract sims like crazy, so maybe a modded deco object that is not a bubble blower could be used :D.
Mad Poster
#11557 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimipossa
As for railing everyone into the intended space I might try the invisible fences. I know there are certain objects that attract sims like crazy, so maybe a modded deco object that is not a bubble blower could be used :D.

You might want to have a look at Pescado's "Dance Positioner". This is a modded 1-tile rug. Place them in the area you want to be defined as your dance floor. It's a great mod, but I had to remove it due to conflicts with Cyjon's "Dance Near Stereo", which has a similar effect, but is a global mod.

Pescado's "Dance Positioner"
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/test/

Pictures of a nightclub built with "Dance Positioner" (under spoiler tag). They are visible as white squares when placed and turn invisible again when you switch the game to Live Mode.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...661#post4832661

Cyjon's "Dance Near Stereo" is a global mod that forces sims to move close to a stereo or DJ booth if they want to dance.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/182
Test Subject
#11558 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 1:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
You might want to have a look at Pescado's "Dance Positioner". This is a modded 1-tile rug. Place them in the area you want to be defined as your dance floor. It's a great mod, but I had to remove it due to conflicts with Cyjon's "Dance Near Stereo", which has a similar effect, but is a global mod.

Pescado's "Dance Positioner"
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/test/

Pictures of a nightclub built with "Dance Positioner" (under spoiler tag). They are visible as white squares when placed and turn invisible again when you switch the game to Live Mode.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...661#post4832661

Cyjon's "Dance Near Stereo" is a global mod that forces sims to move close to a stereo or DJ booth if they want to dance.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/182

Thank you very much, will try those!
Lab Assistant
#11559 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 6:00 PM
Some kind of mod which made the Romance sims personality vary, like, depending on the sim with this aspiration personality, they wouldn't keep rolling wishes to constantly cheat on their partners. I know, I can simply ignore those wishes but it would be better if you had a sim with a combination like "Shy + Nice" they wouldn't be rolling those wishes, but an outgoing sim to not care about this at all. It's weird because this particular sim I'm controlling has 3 thunderbolts with her partner, is shy and nice but still wants to fall in love with other sims wtf. Weird aswell how she does the "disapprove" interaction whenever she sees a sim from her family interact romantically with another sim they are married with but thinks it's beautiful to go cheating on her partner.
Scholar
#11560 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 6:16 PM
I wish there was a Modded object to stop dormies or apartment neighbor npcs from being generated when present on a dorm or apartment zoned lot that could be used even if you used a no townie neighbors mod to also stop that annoying issue on dorms.I hate getting dormies who keep getting into brawls with each other and can't seem to have the sense to stay away from each other if they don't get along.It would be best to have one affect dorms and another object that can affect apartments and you can use just one or both.It would be great to be able to click on these objects to turn the generating npc dormies or neighbors on though it would be off by default if it could be done.
Field Researcher
#11561 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 8:57 PM
There's a nodormieregen mod out there. I think it's on MATY.ffs hacks.
Scholar
#11562 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 5:13 AM
I would like a mod that gave you the option of changing the turn-ons for supernaturals to something else. Badge building traits come to mind. Instead of turn on/offs for vampires, werewolves, zombies, plant sims, and servos they would be gardening, fishing, flower arranging, toymaking, and robot building. It could even be sales, cashiering, and stocking as far as I'm concerned.
Theorist
#11563 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 9:36 AM
@Clashfan
I stumbled upon this mod by Midge the tree lately: replaced turn ons offs
Maybe it'll do the trick, some of them relate to badges.
Lab Assistant
#11564 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 2:41 PM
I would like to see a Thunderbolt gun, it's basically a gun that has 3 lethal levels.
Level 1 Freeze, Level 2 thunderstorm, and Level 3 electrocute (Deadly).
Lab Assistant
#11565 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 3:42 PM
I love the traits project and the people who make medieval traits for it. I just wish there would also be one for mistresses/concubines.
Scholar
#11566 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 7:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
@Clashfan
I stumbled upon this mod by Midge the tree lately: replaced turn ons offs
Maybe it'll do the trick, some of them relate to badges.

Thanks! That does look interesting, I'll try it in a test hood. Sometimes these mods don't work for me if they were created with all ep's or UC. It does more than what I was thinking but that might be a very good thing.
Lab Assistant
#11567 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 1:20 AM
I don't know if this has been asked for before or not, or even solved, but one hack I would LOVE to see is a mod that completely gets rid of poison ivy or the stuff that makes Sims scratch themselves every two seconds. It's so annoying, and it seems like my sims are ALWAYS getting into poison ivy on hikes or vacation chance cards. :/
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#11568 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 8:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddypatches
I don't know if this has been asked for before or not, or even solved, but one hack I would LOVE to see is a mod that completely gets rid of poison ivy or the stuff that makes Sims scratch themselves every two seconds. It's so annoying, and it seems like my sims are ALWAYS getting into poison ivy on hikes or vacation chance cards. :/
Mod 'ur Hike has variables in the BCON for chances of getting poison ivy. You could try setting the existing value to zero?  Based on the numbers it looks like you have equal odds of finding an object or getting poison ivy.
Mad Poster
#11569 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 9:57 AM
Probably not possible, but a mod that enables the separates buttons for all clothing categories in CAS. I use MATYs clothing tool to buy them in-game, so maybe not that impossible.
Also definitely impossible but a gal can dream, a mod that adds the jewellery option in Bodyshop and the Activewear category for children. Don't know why it was never updated with those. Oh and while I'm on the subject of impossible things, I'd also like Bodyshop to package accessory meshes with Sims.
Field Researcher
#11570 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 5:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
Also definitely impossible but a gal can dream, a mod that adds the jewellery option in Bodyshop and the Activewear category for children. Don't know why it was never updated with those.

While we're dreaming, hats as separate accessories from hair and shoes as separate from clothing...

Of course, they'd have had to start with that in the planning stages, but in my fantasy remake of Sims 2 it would be a thing. Also, jewellery would have been added from the start and there'd be no painted on necklaces and bracelets.
Lab Assistant
#11571 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 6:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
Mod 'ur Hike has variables in the BCON for chances of getting poison ivy. You could try setting the existing value to zero?  Based on the numbers it looks like you have equal odds of finding an object or getting poison ivy.

Ah, this should help. Thanks!!! I'll try it out.
Lab Assistant
#11572 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 11:39 PM
Really random want here: I wish you could foster children, not just adopt them. I always get playables who were taken by the social worker adopted into a family right away so they age in line with the rest of the hood, but I don't necessarily always end up having them adopted to sims I want them to stay with forever. Like fostering wouldn't change who a kid is related to, would give a unique memory, and come with the option to put the kid back into the adoption pool to be fostered or adopted if the foster family choses not to have them anymore or if a couple looking to adopt properly becomes available. Just a thought.
Mad Poster
#11573 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenn1011
Really random want here: I wish you could foster children, not just adopt them. I always get playables who were taken by the social worker adopted into a family right away so they age in line with the rest of the hood, but I don't necessarily always end up having them adopted to sims I want them to stay with forever. Like fostering wouldn't change who a kid is related to, would give a unique memory, and come with the option to put the kid back into the adoption pool to be fostered or adopted if the foster family choses not to have them anymore or if a couple looking to adopt properly becomes available. Just a thought.

I often use the gnome to be able to call "orphan" non-playable Sims, make friends with them, invite over, move in (with other cheat). Unfortunately, they have no memory of life in streets.

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
#11574 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 2:02 AM
That would be awesome. I never adopt kids from one family to another. I just move them in and use Sim Blender to see them as family.

Like Alexander Goth and his husband Jerry adopted Diego from the social worker (he was generated on adoption) , but later adopted Ares, the son of Alexander's half-sister Viviane, who died

I didn't want Ares to forget his parents or his siblings (his sisters live with their Grandmother, Dina). But he doesn't have an adopted memory
Mad Poster
#11575 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
Also definitely impossible but a gal can dream, a mod that adds the jewellery option in Bodyshop and the Activewear category for children.

And Formal for toddlers. Such a pain.
Page 463 of 465