Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#11551 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
You might want to have a look at Pescado's "Dance Positioner". This is a modded 1-tile rug. Place them in the area you want to be defined as your dance floor. It's a great mod, but I had to remove it due to conflicts with Cyjon's "Dance Near Stereo", which has a similar effect, but is a global mod.

Pescado's "Dance Positioner"
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/test/

Pictures of a nightclub built with "Dance Positioner" (under spoiler tag). They are visible as white squares when placed and turn invisible again when you switch the game to Live Mode.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...661#post4832661

Cyjon's "Dance Near Stereo" is a global mod that forces sims to move close to a stereo or DJ booth if they want to dance.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/182

Thank you very much, will try those!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#11552 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 6:00 PM
Some kind of mod which made the Romance sims personality vary, like, depending on the sim with this aspiration personality, they wouldn't keep rolling wishes to constantly cheat on their partners. I know, I can simply ignore those wishes but it would be better if you had a sim with a combination like "Shy + Nice" they wouldn't be rolling those wishes, but an outgoing sim to not care about this at all. It's weird because this particular sim I'm controlling has 3 thunderbolts with her partner, is shy and nice but still wants to fall in love with other sims wtf. Weird aswell how she does the "disapprove" interaction whenever she sees a sim from her family interact romantically with another sim they are married with but thinks it's beautiful to go cheating on her partner.
Mad Poster
#11553 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 6:16 PM
I wish there was a Modded object to stop dormies or apartment neighbor npcs from being generated when present on a dorm or apartment zoned lot that could be used even if you used a no townie neighbors mod to also stop that annoying issue on dorms.I hate getting dormies who keep getting into brawls with each other and can't seem to have the sense to stay away from each other if they don't get along.It would be best to have one affect dorms and another object that can affect apartments and you can use just one or both.It would be great to be able to click on these objects to turn the generating npc dormies or neighbors on though it would be off by default if it could be done.
Forum Resident
#11554 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 8:57 PM
There's a nodormieregen mod out there. I think it's on MATY.ffs hacks.
Scholar
#11555 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 5:13 AM
I would like a mod that gave you the option of changing the turn-ons for supernaturals to something else. Badge building traits come to mind. Instead of turn on/offs for vampires, werewolves, zombies, plant sims, and servos they would be gardening, fishing, flower arranging, toymaking, and robot building. It could even be sales, cashiering, and stocking as far as I'm concerned.
Theorist
#11556 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 9:36 AM
@Clashfan
I stumbled upon this mod by Midge the tree lately: replaced turn ons offs
Maybe it'll do the trick, some of them relate to badges.
Lab Assistant
#11557 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 2:41 PM
I would like to see a Thunderbolt gun, it's basically a gun that has 3 lethal levels.
Level 1 Freeze, Level 2 thunderstorm, and Level 3 electrocute (Deadly).
Lab Assistant
#11558 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 3:42 PM
I love the traits project and the people who make medieval traits for it. I just wish there would also be one for mistresses/concubines.
Scholar
#11559 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@Clashfan
I stumbled upon this mod by Midge the tree lately: replaced turn ons offs
Maybe it'll do the trick, some of them relate to badges.

Thanks! That does look interesting, I'll try it in a test hood. Sometimes these mods don't work for me if they were created with all ep's or UC. It does more than what I was thinking but that might be a very good thing.
Field Researcher
#11560 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 1:20 AM
I don't know if this has been asked for before or not, or even solved, but one hack I would LOVE to see is a mod that completely gets rid of poison ivy or the stuff that makes Sims scratch themselves every two seconds. It's so annoying, and it seems like my sims are ALWAYS getting into poison ivy on hikes or vacation chance cards. :/
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11561 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
I don't know if this has been asked for before or not, or even solved, but one hack I would LOVE to see is a mod that completely gets rid of poison ivy or the stuff that makes Sims scratch themselves every two seconds. It's so annoying, and it seems like my sims are ALWAYS getting into poison ivy on hikes or vacation chance cards. :/
Mod 'ur Hike has variables in the BCON for chances of getting poison ivy. You could try setting the existing value to zero?  Based on the numbers it looks like you have equal odds of finding an object or getting poison ivy.
Mad Poster
#11562 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 9:57 AM
Probably not possible, but a mod that enables the separates buttons for all clothing categories in CAS. I use MATYs clothing tool to buy them in-game, so maybe not that impossible.
Also definitely impossible but a gal can dream, a mod that adds the jewellery option in Bodyshop and the Activewear category for children. Don't know why it was never updated with those. Oh and while I'm on the subject of impossible things, I'd also like Bodyshop to package accessory meshes with Sims.
Field Researcher
#11563 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Also definitely impossible but a gal can dream, a mod that adds the jewellery option in Bodyshop and the Activewear category for children. Don't know why it was never updated with those.

While we're dreaming, hats as separate accessories from hair and shoes as separate from clothing...

Of course, they'd have had to start with that in the planning stages, but in my fantasy remake of Sims 2 it would be a thing. Also, jewellery would have been added from the start and there'd be no painted on necklaces and bracelets.
Field Researcher
#11564 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Mod 'ur Hike has variables in the BCON for chances of getting poison ivy. You could try setting the existing value to zero?  Based on the numbers it looks like you have equal odds of finding an object or getting poison ivy.

Ah, this should help. Thanks!!! I'll try it out.
Lab Assistant
#11565 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 11:39 PM
Really random want here: I wish you could foster children, not just adopt them. I always get playables who were taken by the social worker adopted into a family right away so they age in line with the rest of the hood, but I don't necessarily always end up having them adopted to sims I want them to stay with forever. Like fostering wouldn't change who a kid is related to, would give a unique memory, and come with the option to put the kid back into the adoption pool to be fostered or adopted if the foster family choses not to have them anymore or if a couple looking to adopt properly becomes available. Just a thought.
Mad Poster
#11566 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
Really random want here: I wish you could foster children, not just adopt them. I always get playables who were taken by the social worker adopted into a family right away so they age in line with the rest of the hood, but I don't necessarily always end up having them adopted to sims I want them to stay with forever. Like fostering wouldn't change who a kid is related to, would give a unique memory, and come with the option to put the kid back into the adoption pool to be fostered or adopted if the foster family choses not to have them anymore or if a couple looking to adopt properly becomes available. Just a thought.

I often use the gnome to be able to call "orphan" non-playable Sims, make friends with them, invite over, move in (with other cheat). Unfortunately, they have no memory of life in streets.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#11567 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 2:02 AM
That would be awesome. I never adopt kids from one family to another. I just move them in and use Sim Blender to see them as family.

Like Alexander Goth and his husband Jerry adopted Diego from the social worker (he was generated on adoption) , but later adopted Ares, the son of Alexander's half-sister Viviane, who died

I didn't want Ares to forget his parents or his siblings (his sisters live with their Grandmother, Dina). But he doesn't have an adopted memory
Mad Poster
#11568 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Also definitely impossible but a gal can dream, a mod that adds the jewellery option in Bodyshop and the Activewear category for children.

And Formal for toddlers. Such a pain.
#11569 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 3:28 PM Last edited by BeckyBoo8 : 24th Sep 2020 at 4:37 PM.
I wish there was a chance where if a Sim found out their partner was cheating on them they wouldn't always fall out of love or get a super negative relationship. I'm not talking about jealousy- I do have ACR and I like that jealousy depends on the Sims' aspiration/personality. It would be cool if there was a random chance of what could happen when a Sim gets cheated on: the Maxis way with furious/out of love/low relationship, furious/same relationship, or furious/lower relationship/still in love. I think it would add a lot more variety and add a lot more story possibilities of what to do with characters. It would be easier to have that Sim that constantly gets cheated on and stays in the bad relationship, because they are sad and upset but still crazy in love. It's a lot harder to do this type of stuff when Sims that get cheated on automatically fall out of love.
Mad Poster
#11570 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 4:18 PM
As it is, the only way they do find out is if they actually are present when 'cheating' takes place-and under most circumstances the spouse will automatically become furious with the cheater. Their relationship takes an immediate hit in both the daily and lifetime scores.
But 'disappointed by' the cheater would be a good reaction, if it were possible. Not furious with them enough to move out and break up at that time.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#11571 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 1:52 AM
My ultra dream hack — a mod that rolls the pacifier automatically and you don’t need to use the bat box to cure first born cloning. I love that there is a fix at all for it, but wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t even have to think about the bat box every time you started playing?
Mad Poster
#11572 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 2:37 AM
Unfortunately, that's not possible. Rolling the pacifier outside of CAS creates new sims, if you did that automatically before every birth you would have a ton of extraneous sims filling up your hood and obviously you can't delete them because deleting sims is bad. The way the batbox works is it generates all those sims and then it exits without saving, so those sims are never saved and thus don't take up space in your hood. You wouldn't want something that has to exit without saving to run automatically whenever a sim is born - in addition to probably causing you to lose progress it would prevent the baby from ever being born.
Scholar
#11573 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 3:10 AM
I knew most of that. I meant I wish there was a mod that did what the bat box did automatically without exiting. I know it’s not possible due to game mechanics. I’m just saying I wish it didn’t have to be impossible.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11574 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I know it’s not possible due to game mechanics. I’m just saying I wish it didn’t have to be impossible.
I wish we could override the broken random generators!
Test Subject
#11575 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 3:42 PM
the mods i want i think would be impossible, but i'm not sure if they actually are

- a minor fix mod that makes the sim look burnt or shocked as soon as lightning strikes them (like in the beta) as it looks odd on how the screen freezes for a split second after they get shocked to show that they are now burnt. i probably worded that horribly but it just doesnt sit right with me
- custom aspirations or a proper restoration of the power aspiration (this one is for sure impossible but i wish it was not)
- a 2003 beta ui mod (not so sure if this is impossible but i'd really love if someone did this, i love the wonky yet minimalistic ui of that era in the game, and someone could use assets of the ui from simcity 4, still probably wont happen)
- a fame mod, something that would work similar to the sims superstar or sims 3 late night, something that would make some sims actually appear like celebrities instead of just having a decent or bad reputation (which is a feature i never really noticed)
Page 463 of 582