Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tabatha
This is a really cool project. Maybe I can help? I'll try anyways if its ok

I hope you do give it a try. I did my first upload to MTS2 for this. I am working on some of Rose Sim's Free Hairs. If you want to do some of them, let me know.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 12:04 PM
Aaah, I'm still working on freckles (a skintone this time), but I'm probably going to bang out some recolors of the male fop hair (melodie9's all-ages "cute male" hair) this weekend, since the guys are falling way behind atm.
Scholar
#28 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 6:32 PM
If I had enough time - not doing loads of requests and loads of coursework - then I would participate in this. But in the mean time, keep up the good work!!! :D
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 12:09 AM
Default Great news about the freckles
I am looking forward to the freckles, Alkaloid! I am going to try the freckle lined eyes tonight.
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 1:44 AM
Default Hey
Don't know if this helps but I have very pretty natural red hair, the first is a picture of it in a more dark area and the second is in very bright sunshine... It's always been hard for me to find hair that is close to my color...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 2:33 AM Last edited by kaneonapua : 27th Dec 2006 at 10:58 PM.
Default That is a big help
AriaDragonFly, thank you for posting your photos! I spend a lot of time looking at the pictures for inspiration. The redheads that I see most often are older and their colors aren't as bright as they once were. Your hair is a fascinating color! I don't think I have gotten close that in my recolors yet.

In my mind, you have the classic redhead look with the frekles and pale skin tone that has a luminescent quality. I am surprised that there is that much of a swing between indoors and bright sunlight. Do you consider your hair to be ginger?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 3:01 PM Last edited by GoldSimz : 26th Dec 2006 at 3:07 PM.
I would love to help with stuff like skintones, make-up and lots of other stuff! But I can't download stuff, but I hope its still ok? Maybe I could make some recolours of some maxis hair colours?
Im not shure that I have time, but I'll try to fit it in!
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 7:37 PM
Ooooh. I just posted on the thread at insim. I adore all your hairstyles I would love to join in if thats okay? It will have to wait for a few weeks mind you as I need to get some new graphic software I'm rather new at the whole thing too so it might not be much good I'm afraid... But I would really love to try :D

"And pleasant is the fairy land,
But, an eerie tale to tell,
Ay at the end of seven years,
We pay a tithe to hell"- Tam Lin
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 8:42 PM
I'm not talented enough to join this wonderful project, but I am thrilled to see that natural redheads are getting some much-needed attention! I often get teased for my hair colour. Here's some pics to inspire (and plus I'm vain and narcistic, lmao)

Sorry for the crappy webcam quality. But no matter how blurry any pic is you can always spot my red hair a mile off, lol.

Haha. I am SO lame. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GoldSimz
I would love to help with stuff like skintones, make-up and lots of other stuff! But I can't download stuff, but I hope its still ok? Maybe I could make some recolours of some maxis hair colours?
Im not shure that I have time, but I'll try to fit it in!

You sure can! Just let us know when you start something, and feel free to post here if you get stuck. When you upload something, PM me to let me know to add it to the link list. :D

Quote: Originally posted by weirdfaerie
Ooooh. I just posted on the thread at insim. I adore all your hairstyles I would love to join in if thats okay? It will have to wait for a few weeks mind you as I need to get some new graphic software I'm rather new at the whole thing too so it might not be much good I'm afraid... But I would really love to try

Absolutely! Just use this thread to keep in contact with everyone else working on the project, like I explained to GoldSimz.

BTW, have you heard of the Gimp? It's a free graphics editor. I've used it a few times, and it works great.

Quote: Originally posted by twinkleberry
Here's some pics to inspire

Hehe, thanks! You have lovely hair.
Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 12:41 PM
Thankyou I thought about doing some of sussigoodsims hairs first, but they aren't uploaded here yet.. So I'll wait and see Oh and I found a good website with loads of natural redheads. I thought it could be helpful

http://www.redandproud.com/famous%20redheads.htm

Tifa

"And pleasant is the fairy land,
But, an eerie tale to tell,
Ay at the end of seven years,
We pay a tithe to hell"- Tam Lin
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 10:29 PM
Default Thanks for the photos and I hope you can join us!
Quote: Originally posted by TwinkleBerry
I'm not talented enough to join this wonderful project, but I am thrilled to see that natural redheads are getting some much-needed attention! I often get teased for my hair colour. Here's some pics to inspire

Wow, what glorious hair! Thanks for posting that! It really does help me a lot since I mostly see young children with flame orange hair and mature redheads who aren't as vivid as they were when they were younger. Actually, the webcam isn't so bad. The first photo almost looks like a painting.

Weirdfaerie and GoldSimz, I hope you can join us! There is a lot to do.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 10:45 PM Last edited by kaneonapua : 29th Dec 2006 at 1:28 AM.
Default What Kaneonapua is working on
I will stick to RoseSims2 Free Hairs. I will probably do the Laura Croft hair and its male version, and the very short unisex cut that is reminds me somewhat of Princess Diana's cut. I am going to experiment with some textures for the MTS2 Roman Hair for men. I like that length and there isn't much of it out there. It is a fairly complex mesh so it may take me a while if I don't go into paroxysms doing it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 11:56 PM Last edited by alkaloid : 27th Dec 2006 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Grammr iz mi frind
Doop dee doo, still working on that damnable skintone! :D

I think I'm going to do the cornrow topknot next time I need to get far away from repainting a squillion skintone textures. If there's an all-ages adaption out there, I'll do that. If not, I'll just do the ages it comes in for the base game.
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 5:33 AM
I don't have the talent,but would like to thank you! I am partial to redhair in any shade,since my mother,myself,and 3 of my daughters have red hair!My mom had that fiery carrot hair,blue eyes,freckles of course!I have darker skin,amber eyes,darker red hair,freckles.My eldest daughter has strawberry hair,blue eyes,light skin,freckles,my 21yr old has auburn hair,blue eyes,my skin.My 7yr old has my curliered hair exactly,skin,eyes,freckles.

We love red hair!!!! :D
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:23 AM
Alkaloid is hosting a thread showing in-game born red-heads. If you would like to post one or just see them go to this thread: http://www.insimenator.net/showthre...3328#post493328
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 12:55 AM
Tag in. Adding uniformly-distributed freckles to an existing skintone with a tint-throwing top is an obvious application of the tanner fu I've done before-- and can be cut down to a specific distribution (just shoulders and tops of feet, for example) with an alpha edit. I'm working on it.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by szielins
Tag in. Adding uniformly-distributed freckles to an existing skintone with a tint-throwing top is an obvious application of the tanner fu I've done before-- and can be cut down to a specific distribution (just shoulders and tops of feet, for example) with an alpha edit. I'm working on it.

I see you've posted some freckling clothing. Wow, look at all those freckles! The links to the clothing are at the top of the page.

Natural Redhead Project: Go Red, Naturally
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#44 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:22 PM
Hi alkaloid. I've been watching your progress on the project and I really like what you've been doing here. Inspired by it, I tried to do more natural red shades when I made my Kara hair: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=213536 ... the main screenshots are using the Soft Red version, and there's also a less-saturated, slightly more brownish Strawberry Red.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 7:18 PM Last edited by alkaloid : 6th Jan 2007 at 7:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Hi alkaloid. I've been watching your progress on the project and I really like what you've been doing here. Inspired by it, I tried to do more natural red shades when I made my Kara hair: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=213536 ... the main screenshots are using the Soft Red version, and there's also a less-saturated, slightly more brownish Strawberry Red.

They're beautiful! Thanks for reminding me about that; I meant to ask you if it was OK to link it. I'll add it in now.

And - hee - thank you.

PS. I added it as a project file.
Test Subject
#46 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 8:07 PM Last edited by Hoersofdaland : 11th Jan 2007 at 1:28 AM. Reason: add attachments
As someone else said I'm not talented enough to make these skins but I am a natural redhead so I'll give you guys some reference pics!
Screenshots
Attached Images

Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 12:17 AM
Most of the hair I see for download is straight hair. The redheads in my family all have curly hair, although "curly" varies from lion mane frizz to wavy. The photos of actual people with red hair here seen to have some variety of "non-straight" hair. Some of the featured actresses with red hair have straightened their hair. I've tried using some of the "curly" hair available for download (pay sites and free) to recreate one of the redheads in my family, but it's really more like straight hair someone has curled with a curling iron. You almost never see true redhead texture. Since I haven't attempted to create hair, I'm guessing it must be very hard to do. Any suggestions for sites that have something that looks like real non-straight hair?

This is a fantastic project!! Thank you for starting it.
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 1:13 AM Last edited by Hoersofdaland : 11th Jan 2007 at 1:24 AM. Reason: add attachments
Quote: Originally posted by Cephise
Most of the hair I see for download is straight hair. The redheads in my family all have curly hair, although "curly" varies from lion mane frizz to wavy. The photos of actual people with red hair here seen to have some variety of "non-straight" hair. Some of the featured actresses with red hair have straightened their hair. I've tried using some of the "curly" hair available for download (pay sites and free) to recreate one of the redheads in my family, but it's really more like straight hair someone has curled with a curling iron. You almost never see true redhead texture. Since I haven't attempted to create hair, I'm guessing it must be very hard to do. Any suggestions for sites that have something that looks like real non-straight hair?

I have other photos of myself with my hair in its naturally curly state. I just felt that it was easier to get a feel for the color in these.
Here are two others:
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cephise

I have curly hair myself, and I have found very few meshes that do curly hair well. Sadly, almost all of them are for looser, wavy curls. I think this is due to the very high poly count it would take to create a convincing curly hair mesh.

Curly hair is also difficult to draw well on paper. Add to that the challenge of drawing something that will be bent over a wireframe, stretched in many illogical ways, rotated in all sorts of directions against a light source, and the fact that you'd probably need to make a bumpmap, there probably never will be more than a handful of really great curly hairs out there.

Sims connection has a few nice wavy hair textures - have you tried there?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#50 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 7:16 AM
I have naturally curly hair a heck of a lot like that... My sister's got it in natural red (I was, alas, given boring mousy brown hair naturally, though the rest of my complexion is very much redheadedlike. I have wanted for months to do a truly naturally curly hair including a combination of curls, ringlets, fuzz, and waves. Can't promise anything, and I have no ETA whatsoever, but it's on my list of Things I Want To Do, so... maybe.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Page 2 of 5