Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:32 AM
hey alkaloid,

you asked for my frecklesskintone a few weeks ago.
sorry didn't recognized your message, so i didn't answer. but of course i wanna be part of your project. its a great idea i think, and i would be very proud. :-)

i will add link to it at once.

(in fact i tried to write you a message but it seems that your out of space? so i write it here now.)

greetings goldbeere
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#102 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 12:18 PM
Goldbeere: thanks! I just added it to the project list. I forgot to tell you, but they only show up in my full game, not my base game. It's not a big deal, but I thought you might want to know.

szielins: I haven't forgotten about you! I will make you a nice new layerable base soon! I also like your idea of trying to make freckle overlays with Morague's new tattoo object, since it would help to dramatically cut down folder sizes in the game.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 6:21 PM Last edited by szielins : 25th Jul 2007 at 10:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alkaloid
. . . freckle overlays with Morague's new tattoo object . . .

I'm somewhat surprised not to have seen a plethora of rehacked versions of that yet; I was bracing myself for an avalanche of a hundred California license plates. The instructions looked reasonably straightforward to me-- are there subtleties not apparent to someone who's never actually USED SimPE?
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 10:48 PM Last edited by kaneonapua : 18th Sep 2007 at 2:33 AM. Reason: Add link to recolor at MTS2
Default New Male Recolors for Natural Redhead Project
I am back. I have a new male hair recolor at MTS2 Peggy Sims 2 Short Male Ponytail and also at InSim in the Natural Redhead Project area at InSim.

I will be going back to the islands next week so I probably won't be posting again until October.

Here is a preview:

The Sim in the photo is made with one of Goldbeere's freckled Oepu skin recolors .

Natural Redhead Project: Go Red, Naturally
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 11:32 PM
Onah has given us permission to list her Peggy Sims recolor in the Natural Redhead Project. It is a recolor of Peggy's latest hair and she colored the elders hairs white.

Lab Assistant
#106 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 5:21 PM Last edited by kaneonapua : 6th Oct 2007 at 5:30 PM.
Default Thirteen All Age Red Recolors of Peggy Sims2 Donation Short Bob Hair Style

Thirteen All Age Red Recolors of Peggy Sims2 Donation Short Bob Hair Style

Note: this is a donation mesh.

This is an exclusive to the Natural Redhead Project at Insimenator.net because we can't post pay/donation/member meshes at MTS2. I had a fun doing these since the ribbon is great to play with. If you would like to try recoloring or alpha editing and can get a hold of this mesh, this is a good one to start with. If you give it a try, I'd be glad to answer questions.

I am probably going to do a few more casual recolors of Peggy Sims meshes just at Insim. I am doing them for my own personal use so I might as well share. I intend to do the free meshes and limit the donation meshes to the ones that I consider to be exceptional.

The sim model is gorgeous redheaded sim, Desiree created by by Missaldith at Insim.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#107 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 9:22 PM
*flail* trying to get chores done while updating!

I've got two more sets of male hair over at InSim right now. They've been queued up over here too, but who knows if or when they'll show up.

21 all-ages retextures/recolors of Louis' Sohma Shigure's hair

20 retextures/recolors of melodie9's all-ages male dreads

Enjoy!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#108 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 12:05 AM
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 6:45 AM Last edited by kaneonapua : 29th Oct 2007 at 3:15 AM. Reason: add MTS2 link
Default Elegant updo from Peggy Sims 2
This is now available at MTS2 and at Insimenator .

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#110 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 12:41 PM
Test Subject
#111 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 12:29 AM Last edited by petwaitress : 3rd Dec 2007 at 12:38 AM.
Hi. I'm not a redhead but I find myself really captivated by them lately. I'm loving this project. Can someone direct me to a recolor of Rose sims free hair 38 (mesh number 93) in reds? If not I'd really love to see a recolor of this in the project.

http://www.rosesims.org/hair/rosehair_13.htm

It's the middle hair.. thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#112 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by petwaitress
Hi. I'm not a redhead but I find myself really captivated by them lately. I'm loving this project. Can someone direct me to a recolor of Rose sims free hair 38 (mesh number 93) in reds? If not I'd really love to see a recolor of this in the project.

http://www.rosesims.org/hair/rosehair_13.htm

It's the middle hair.. thanks.

petwaitress,

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner...I guess this isn't being updated in my subscribed threads list. :/

As far as I know, I haven't seen a natural red recolor for that hair. I have a really overlong list of meshes to recolor as it is, but someone else might be able to squeeze it in?
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 11:22 PM
Hiya, just wanted to say that when my dad was younger he was a freckle-faced browish/red head now he's 44 and has dark brown hair, im most like my dad and i have really strange hair. It's blonde/red in the summer (my mum is blonde) and a very dark brown/red in the winter. I also left it 2 days without washing and it got redder as the days went on. Sounds wierd and farfetched but thought i'd mention it

Oh, and i'm planning some re-colours to add to the project (soon promise!)
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 6:10 PM
red is my favorite hair color, cause its nota s common as black or brown.

Oi! Sorry to clog up your board!
Test Subject
#115 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 12:39 AM
I have curly hair myself, and I have found very few meshes that do curly hair well. Sadly, almost all of them are for looser, wavy curls. I think this is due to the very high poly count it would take to create a convincing curly hair mesh.

Curly hair is also difficult to draw well on paper. Add to that the challenge of drawing something that will be bent over a wireframe, stretched in many illogical ways, rotated in all sorts of directions against a light source, and the fact that you'd probably need to make a bumpmap, there probably never will be more than a handful of really great curly hairs out there.

Sims connection has a few nice wavy hair textures - have you tried there?

I've found a very curly hair on SAU

Link: http://simsartistsunion.com/bbs/zbo...&sn1=&divpage=1

Hope it works ;D
And sorry that this responce came a little late, I haven't been on Mts2 for a long time

Party like your head is on fire!!
Test Subject
#116 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 1:57 PM
Oh! sorry, you had it ;D

Party like your head is on fire!!
Test Subject
#117 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 5:08 PM
Being a natural redhead I was thrilled that you guys started this project! My Sim of me now really looks like me!

Here is my question. I love the Opeu Recolor Freckled Skintone and wondered if this is geneticised so my sim kids will inherit the skintone? )It exactly matches my real-life skin, LOL! It was haunting!)

Thanks for such a cool Sim2 project! You guys r0x0r :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#118 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cynarra
Being a natural redhead I was thrilled that you guys started this project! My Sim of me now really looks like me!

Here is my question. I love the Opeu Recolor Freckled Skintone and wondered if this is geneticised so my sim kids will inherit the skintone? )It exactly matches my real-life skin, LOL! It was haunting!)

Thanks for such a cool Sim2 project! You guys r0x0r :lovestruc

Cynarra: The skins are not geneticized AFAIK. Assuming that your sim self is having children with another sim with a different ungeneticized skintone, your sim offspring will have a 50% chance of inheriting the freckled skintone.

Skintone genetics do not work on a pure dominant/recessive level. Basically, skintone genetics create a color range for your sim to inherit from. You don't need them, but if planned well, you can mimic normal human skintone inheritances.

Vixenia: OK! Just PM me when you're ready to go.
Test Subject
#119 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:25 PM
Default THe Natural Redhead Project Files
I don't mean to be a bother but if it wouldn't be too much to ask can you package everything into a Q-Express file so I may download it all. It all looks awesome! Thanks for your time and energy and effort.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#120 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 6:21 PM
Ginger8445, you can get the q-express links by going to the individual download pages.

Due to the fact that I can't Sim like I used to anymore, I'm closing the NRP to new additions as of March 31, 2008. You have until that date to finish any projects you may have kicking around.
Test Subject
#121 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:46 AM
Due to the fact that I can't Sim like I used to anymore, I'm closing the NRP to new additions as of March 31, 2008. You have until that date to finish any projects you may have kicking around.

it sucks to hear that.
I'm still not too thrilled with it,but here was my attempt at making my own shade of auburn
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#122 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by risewiththefallen
it sucks to hear that.
I'm still not too thrilled with it,but here was my attempt at making my own shade of auburn

Aw, that's cute! :D
Page 5 of 5