Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 4:59 AM Last edited by ShakespearesSunshyne : 6th Sep 2013 at 5:03 AM. Reason: Silly me. Forgetting those essential bits again.
Default A tutorial for resetting a single joint in Blender
A tutorial on resetting single joints by copying and pasting in Blender by Sunny. Uh, just if anyone is interested. I'd also appreciate feedback on if it's clear and easily understandable. And yes, really, you can indeed reset a single boogered eyebrow or eyelid. You can also copy and paste joints from one rig to another. So make one generic "happy" face and paste it onto all the poses you want your sims to be happy in for shooting. And I am aware that you can do that with the pose player add on, but not all poses hold that face for very long. Aaaaaand I'm rambling. Anyhow, I do hope that helps.

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 5:15 AM
I'm so excited to have this in an easy to read tutorial. There's been several times I wanted just to un-screw a particularly screwed up mess I made, when the rest of the pose was good. Thanks for the link!

::runs gleefully along to start franken-posing::
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 2:44 PM
Yay! You can also use this method to copy adult poses onto child rigs. There is a bit about that in the link above. Should I put the actual tutorial onto here you think?

A Random Legacy
#4 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 12:22 AM

1. Select Bone(s)
2. Click Pose>Clear Transform>All
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 7:10 AM
Thanks for that, A, very helpful. Wish I'd known about that a long time ago.

Sunny, this was really helpful to learn. I managed to copy and paste one of Jessie's facial expressions, saving a good deal of time.
Now I just need to learn how to do this in Milkshape as well!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 5:18 PM
oooh! I much simpler method! I'd been searching for a way to reset joints for ages, but I'm generally terrified of clicking around in case I booger something up beyond repair. Thank you A!

A Random Legacy