Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 4:55 PM
Default Water from pool leaking into the basement in Unoccupied House
I spent a few hours last night building a brand new house for one of the spares from my current legacy. I've included a basement for more space and a pool because one of them kept rolling the wants to play marco polo. After waking up this morning and starting the game, I load the lot to add some furniture, and found the basement flooded! WTH?!

Please lot that this lot has never been occupied. Also, I'm not sure if this might be related, but before I closed the game last night, I moved this lot the house bin so that I'll have an unfurnished version just in case I want to use the same house for other sims. Therefore, this house was placed back in the same area in the neighborhood so I can customize the furniture to match the style of the sim family moving in.

Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 8:36 PM
I'm not sure why this is happening in your game(have not played sims 2 in a while). I do suggest delete pool and flatten terrain out side of house where pool currently is(make sure outside of basement area) and moving your pool away from house a space or two. I don't know if this will remove water from basement but I think it would. You may have to relevel basement area and rebuild if it does notwork.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 10:40 PM
I had something similar once where the pool level changed after reload. I purposefully messed around with removing and readding pool walls though, maybe you accidentally did something similar.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 10:47 PM
It may not be the pool, but the water table. To check move the lot to a higher area of ground. If there is none use the terrain cheat to raise some first. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...hborhood_cheats
In low lying hoods you can't have basements without them flooding.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#5 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It may not be the pool, but the water table. To check move the lot to a higher area of ground. If there is none use the terrain cheat to raise some first. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...hborhood_cheats
In low lying hoods you can't have basements without them flooding.

This.
One of the TS2 expansions (I think the one that introduced Beach Lots, whichever that was) caused this, because Maxis never went back and changed the earlier neighborhoods they had created. One of their countless, half-assed screwups.
The best fix is to use the neighborhood terrain cheat to raise the level of the land in the neighborhood.
There's nothing wrong with your Lot, nor with your pool.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 4:31 PM
@joandsarah77 & @ScaryRob, thank you so much. It's definitely the water cable. I've read the wiki joandsarah77 posted and moved my lot to higher grounds. Now works without flooding. Thank you so much for everyone's help! :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 10:03 PM
I thought it would be, it's a common enough issue. The sims themselves don't know its udnerwater and will use it as normal which is kind of funny. I wasn't sure though because your water colour looks different-probably just a mod though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~