Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 10:30 AM
Default How do I convert Sims 4 Hair to Sims 3?
As the title goes, I want to convert some hair from sims 4 to sims 3 for personal use. How do I do this?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veronicaLaw
As the title goes, I want to convert some hair from sims 4 to sims 3 for personal use. How do I do this?

I generally do not work with hair, but have on limited basis. Best thing for you to do is simply type "How to convert TS4 hair to TS3". There are MANY video tutorials on this, using both Milkshape and Blender. Some tutorials are 1 hour, or more, so I imagine the subject AND tutorials are fairly detailed. Somewhere is a tutorial on making control maps, but I could not find it. The few hairs that I have done, I sometimes cut up EA control maps, resize the pieces to fit the hair strands and paste to a new blank .dds.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I generally do not work with hair, but have on limited basis. Best thing for you to do is simply type "How to convert TS4 hair to TS3". There are MANY video tutorials on this, using both Milkshape and Blender. Some tutorials are 1 hour, or more, so I imagine the subject AND tutorials are fairly detailed. Somewhere is a tutorial on making control maps, but I could not find it. The few hairs that I have done, I sometimes cut up EA control maps, resize the pieces to fit the hair strands and paste to a new blank .dds.

Literally none of those tutorials are helpful. They give half-arsed explanations with zero details of how they did anything
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 8:56 AM
I found these two videos over on sims3tutorialhub on Tumblr.

https://sims3tutorialhub.tumblr.com...hair-conversion

https://sims3tutorialhub.tumblr.com...nvert-ts4-alpha

That blog is a great place to learn tips and tricks on how to convert hair, among other things. They also have their ask box open to answer any questions you might have during your project but can’t find the answer to.