Replies: 4440 (Who?), Viewed: 147396 times.
Page 178 of 178
Test Subject
#4426 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 7:09 PM
Not too good tbh. My anxiety is getting bad again
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4427 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 10:30 PM
It has been a day of doing random things. I went out to water the grass seed that is still popping up; the gray catbirds came to visit while I was watering.

The trash company was supposed to pick up the rabbit cage on Friday, that never happened. Because I didn't bring it in from the sidewalk, somebody grabbed it this afternoon. That's fine, I don't care as we're not getting another rabbit, but I had to contact the trash company to let them know that they're not going to charge me for a 'bulk pick up' when there wasn't one.

This coming week is going to be filled with small projects that were put on the back burner while we were taking down dead trees and all of that. Most of the forsythia needs to be trimmed, the Weeping Cherry tree needs branches trimmed as they're dragging on the ground which get caught up in the lawnmower. The floors downstairs need to be washed, I'm waiting for my containers to arrive from Target so I can do my little laundry organization project downstairs and I'm still waiting to hear from the tree company. I already paid the trolls at town hall, so I don't have to deal with them again until October.

I need to think about re-potting some plants as a few have roots sticking out of the bottom of their pots. I've been putting it off as I really don't want to get into that as most of them are going to start slowing down in terms of growth soon, but I don't want their roots to dry out either. Maybe I'll cheat like I did with the Monstera deliciosa. It had a bunch of roots sticking out of the bottom of it's pot, so I took it out, tucked the roots back in and called it a day. It wasn't completely root bound so I wasn't causing any harm by doing that, but it saved me the trouble of sticking it in a new pot. I'm going to have to put it in a bigger pot sooner rather than later as that is one plant that doesn't slow down with growing during the winter, but I'll cross that bridge when it gets there.
Mad Poster
#4428 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 2:56 AM
Began sorting out trash, found numerous greeting cards, including a giant pickle in a Santa cap and scarf from my dad. Inside he has wrote "I'm pickel (sic) Rick!" Stepping through the doorways of my family's houses is like falling down Alice's rabbit hole.

I have cleared a good portion of recyclable garbage and change the trash garbage bags. So much left to do, but I am working really hard. Got the Nintendo wires into the totes.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4429 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
Began sorting out trash, found numerous greeting cards, including a giant pickle in a Santa cap and scarf from my dad. Inside he has wrote "I'm pickel (sic) Rick!" Stepping through the doorways of my family's houses is like falling down Alice's rabbit hole.

I have cleared a good portion of recyclable garbage and change the trash garbage bags. So much left to do, but I am working really hard. Got the Nintendo wires into the totes.

Good for you, cleaning up your stuff.

I've been clearing out my house for what is now 3 years and I'm still finding things. It can take me months to fill a donation box, but I still manage to fill them.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
13th Jul 2021 at 3:05 PM Last edited by angine : 15th Jul 2021 at 8:02 PM.
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic.
Mad Poster
#4430 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 8:23 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Jul 2021 at 9:37 PM.
Got the totes out of the room, one with Nintendo hardware prior to the Switch and arts and crafts odds and ends in the other.

Did character development for a Sailor Moon styled project.

Turned out Naoko Takeuchi, who created the manga for Sailor Moon and Codename Sailor V, didn't really have much in the way of peers when she was working as a mineralogist (hence the villains are named after stones, minerals and metals).

She dreamt up the type of girls who met the type of squad goals she had in mind. Hence the characters in the Sailor Guardian universe

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4431 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 2:49 PM
It is one of those days where you look outside and think "Nice, there is a breeze. I can get something done." The minute you open the door you are hit with a wall of hot air that is as thick as pea soup from all of the humidity.

I'm going to have it suck it up at some point. I can see a strand of Chinese Bittersweet sticking up / waving around in the air just waiting to attach itself to either another plant or the mailbox. The rabbits have also been making mess, so the plants I want to keep need to be sprayed.
Scholar
#4432 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 9:55 PM
We measured the windows in the guest room and the spare room today. Well, first I did and wrote down what I'd measured. Then mum appeared and was let me correct you you inept child. So I was like K, and we measured stuff and I kept writing stuff. App at somepoint I'd stopped paying attention (??!) and mum had written out stuff too. But she used 2 languages and kept stwitching round the order she'd put lenght and width in. Which of course I didn't know about until she made me read it out loud while she was remeasuring. And I got confused so she was confused and then we wasted a good half hour trying to figure out what exactly has gone wrong. Then I had my eureka moment: always agree on a language and a format
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4433 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 2:10 PM
I had some dude show up yesterday trying to sell me solar panels from some company I've never heard of. He started the conversation by telling me that he wasn't trying to sell me anything ( he had a question about where he parked his car) then proceeded to tell me that we have too many trees and by the time he came back from trying to talk to the neighbors, he would have sold me a solar system for the house.

I let him spout his BS while there was a thunderstorm lurking in the background. Once he was done, I told him a few things. I like our trees, they're not going anywhere. Then I told him that if he really wanted to put solar panels on my roof, he could pay the taxes on them. That was greeted with a comical "You want me to pay the taxes?" My answer was a firm "Yes!".

The trolls of my town hall spend a lot of time talking about being 'green', but they don't actually mean it. When they say green, they are talking about ways to increase property taxes, not save the planet from questionable dish liquid or banishing bleach from the world. If a homeowner puts solar panels on their house, they have large 'upgrade' fees tacked on to their taxes. These fees are not a one time deal, they stick around for as long as the solar panels are in place. From what I've read, the average solar panel system has a lifespan of around 7-10 years as long as it is maintained and all that other shizz.

For as much as the trolls talk, one would think they wouldn't do this because solar panels are supposed to be all that assuming there is sun and a person has lots of battery backups for when things like snowstorms, Nor Easters and hurricanes happen. Something else these solar panel companies never seem to talk about. Solar panels that are covered with a foot of snow are not useful to anybody.

When I was done explaining the upgrade fees and how they work, I was given the usual "I'm going to look into that." I've been told this from every solar panel company that has tried to latch on to me ear and wallet; they never look into it. I'm guessing my immediate neighbors didn't even bother talking to the guy as he was back in his car and on his way to bother people from another part of the neighborhood about 5 minutes later.

To be fair, I don't appreciate paying the 7 taxes AKA 'customer charges' that have nothing to do with actual electricity usage on my electric bill every month. Every month whether it is summer or not, I pay more in these taxes than what we actually use. This in and of itself is a rant, but I'm not going to go there. Spending thousands of dollars for a solar panel system that might save me a couple of dollars for only a few months of the year is not worth it. Actual usage for last month was $72.00. When they were done tacking on these taxes and fees, my bill is now $247.00. A big chunk of that is from using the air conditioners, the other big chunk is from using the dryer. Laundry doesn't dry when the humidity reaches swamp levels. I've also put in a lot of time getting the funk out of our clothing because of laundry detergents that don't work as advertised. After doing all of that, I'm not walking around smelling like a sock that has been sitting outside roasting in the sun for about a week.

If I had to guess, I'd say that there will be more "I'm going to look into that" conversations before winter gets here. People in my area are acting as though Rona is nothing more than a ugly memory even though there is nothing suggest that. We're quickly getting back into the 300 new cases a day and it isn't fall yet. Back in June, the new case count was 54. When people want to talk to me and I don't know them, I talk to them through a open window. The only people I kind of get close to is the people that deliver groceries and that is only when there is a downpour or if it is stupidly hot out. Otherwise, they leave my order where I tell them to and that's that. Once they're gone, I drag the stuff in the house, wipe everything down and put the order away.

I've spent time talking about becoming a hermit. I'm pretty much a pro at the hermit thing at this point.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4434 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 1:36 PM
Mmmm... making brownies in a air fryer. I might have to try it, for experimental purposes, of course.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/reci...rownies-recipe/

The highlight of the day is getting my order of Krud Kutter in. None of my local stores carry it, so I had to order from that place that I don't like to order from. They managed to get said order to the post office with no issue; it's all good.

I ordered this stuff for one reason, the latches on the windows that keep the windows closed. I don't know if it's just me, but the crap that collects on said latches is ridiculous. Not only is it ridiculous, but it also doesn't like to come off. So either later today or tomorrow the adventure of degrunging window latches shall begin. I have small brushes from OXO that I use to get into small places and if those don't work, I can use the toothbrush that is only used for cleaning things like around the faucets. As I'm typing this, I can hear my doctor saying "Well if you kept the windows closed to begin with like I tell you to, you wouldn't have this problem."

Since I'm talking about cleaning because that's what I do, I found a YT channel about cleaning that I actually like. I was on the hunt for a easier way to clean baseboards as sitting on the floor all day with a bucket and cleaning rag doesn't appeal to me at the moment. The person's name is Angela Brown, she is the owner of a cleaning business. What I like about her is she isn't the typical person on YT when it comes to talking about things like decluttering, hoarding and all of that stuff. She doesn't harp on these things and tells stories of her own issues with hoarding and why, but she also doesn't project unreal expectations. Far too many people on YT like to make it sound like that once a space is clean, it stays that way forever by itself. It is misleading and a lie.

If anybody is interested for shortcuts or whatever, here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/c/AngelaBro...leaner/featured
Forum Resident
#4435 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 3:12 PM
i don't have much to share but i did maked an sims challenge, it's still not finished though so i could use some help but it's completely made by me with a little help from others
but for further details i either make a new topic or i response to an already existing challenge,

i have a normal routine, going to work, check my mails when home, social media, going outside for fresh air, watching YouTube videos, playing sims and that's it :P
(and if i come up with something i either make chapters with the already existing stories or i make new stories) i have a boring life now
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4436 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 4:28 PM
I'm sharing some dirt, no really, it's actual dirt, not the gossip kind of dirt.

Yesterday I got onto a thing about the latches on my windows. They felt like they were covered in grime and despite what I've used on them in the past, they've continued to feel like they're covered with shmutz. I wasn't exaggerating and have proof of that. The picture below is from doing a window in my office ( the second one has a air conditioner in it) the bathroom window and the windows in the kitchen. I expected those to be grungy because oils and stuff gets in the air ( and sticks to everything) from cooking. The last time I cleaned the latches and frames around the windows was late spring of this year. I clean the glass of the windows on a regular basis.

Clean cloth on the left, the filthy one on the right.

This is disgusting! Wiping down window frames needs to become a weekly thing. When I clean a room, I need to stop ignoring the window frames.

If anybody wonders if Krud Kutter works or not, it does. It is non-toxic and doesn't smell like anything. Spray it on to whatever needs to be cleaned, give it a minute and wipe the filth away. Some things like window latches need a small brush to get into the nooks and crannies, but you don't have to scrub hard.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4437 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 9:08 PM
Went for a walk along the mountain today. I needed to pee every 30 seconds and the bathrooms cost money. So it didn't last very long, which is a shame. So then we went shopping for swimming costumes so we can go swimming next week. Then I had my whooping cough vaccine and now I'm relaxing at home with a bit of a sore arm.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4438 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 12:18 AM
Yakitori chicken and Country Gentleman corn on the cob.

Actually was awake midday.

Fixed Satoshi up after a glitch messed him up in April.

3 eventful moments today

Lab Assistant
#4439 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 12:48 PM
Working on video content, actually decided to browse the forums on here since I really like to lurk but I'm never really active.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4440 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 4:28 PM
The tree people were supposed to show up today. They called soon after 8:00 AM saying that they wouldn't be as they have two people out sick; hopefully not with the creeping crud.

I was disgusted with my window dirt yesterday, it got worse when I decided to clean the inside of the hood for the stove. No pictures as nobody needed to see that hot mess. A hour and a half later of sweating ( the kitchen was over 80 degrees) and lots of swearing, I now have a clean stove hood. I do not envy people that have massive kitchens with massive stove hoods, they're a PITA to clean. The only good thing about it is the Krud Klutter also cleaned the crap off of the window for the oven. I don't even know how said crap got on there in the first place. I digress.

Since I'm not going to have mulch to spread today, it is turning into a day of more decluttering. I have a issue with getting rid of cookbooks. I have two Trim Healthy Momma cookbooks that I bought last year or maybe towards the end of 2019, doesn't matter. The recipes in them are good, but the spines on both books are like I've never used them. There isn't a single crease on either one of them. Since getting the air fryer and Instant Pot, why would I heat up the house to make things like sweet potato fries, soups, ect..? It is nice during the winter, but even then, it is easier to toss everything into a single gadget and have something tasty to eat in the end. And of course there is the heavy reliance on things like nut flours, coconut oil and so on. Yeah I could spend my time modifying recipes; yeah no. I'd rather just stick with things I can eat. Since I've already decluttered my other cookbooks, these two are going in the donation box.

While typing this, the tree people called. They'll be here Monday which works for me. They must have been crabbed at a few times today as they were way to happy that I didn't argue with them. I really need to stop calling them the tree people; it sounds weird.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4441 Old Yesterday at 6:35 PM
I was having a peaceful day. Got some yard work done this morning, laundry is taken care of, ect... Then I tried to put in a grocery order. I ended up putting in 2 different orders with two different stores as websites apparently don't want to work today.

Not today, Satan....
Page 178 of 178