Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Early American "Colonial Style" Fireplaces *new mesh* UPDATED 7 Oct 2011

by CTNutmegger Posted 17th May 2006 at 2:49 PM - Updated 7th Oct 2011 at 6:00 PM by CTNutmegger : Updated Base Mesh for Compatibility with Numenor's Scriptorium

160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Test Subject
#126 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 8:03 PM
Wow, these look beautiful! Definitely a must have for my game, although I had to follow the entire file path to put the text folder where it belonged. But still, awesome, thanks very much!

Just because my sims think they live in paradise doesn't make their creator an angel. :K
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#127 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kamus4547
Just downloaded both files and when I go to open either of the text files I get this message:

File header is damaged. Abort operation?
Yes No

Does something need updated here?

Kat

Try to download the files again, if the MTS2 server is busy it will corrupt some of the downloads, only thing to do is download it again. Sorry
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 10:58 AM
Great work, they do look very authentic. I got so bored with the Maxis fireplaces I rarely use them now. And the Scriptorium is wonderful. I never liked messing with those files before this feels safer. (Now off to see how they look ingame).
shiny!
retired moderator
#129 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 6:02 PM
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorium_Fireplaces

Does not exist, even after installing the Scriptorium..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#130 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorium_Fireplaces

Does not exist, even after installing the Scriptorium..

I don't use the Scriptorium, I find it easier to do it the old way by editing the txt file, so Numenor may have changed something.
Just follow the directions by Numenor in the Scriptorium thread to install it.

Field Researcher
#131 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 7:58 AM
These will be ideal for my heritage homes. Thanks so Much!
Test Subject
#132 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 7:23 AM
These r by far the most gorgeous fire places I have seen to date! Thanks so much! These will go so great with all my antique/victorian decore! (the only kinda decore I care to use) LOL
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 2:04 AM
amazing, amazing, amazing! i've really needed some wooden fireplaces to match the maxis paneling..they dont seem to have any of the darker reddish wood in their fireplaces. thanks!

What a lovely way to burn
Scholar
#134 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 6:54 PM
These fireplaces look stunningly beautiful, thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#135 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 2:00 AM
Thank you for this as we were so limited on fireplaces with the original ones in the game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#136 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 3:10 AM
This is fantastic! Are there instructions anywhere to install this fireplace without the scriptorium?
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 10:37 PM
Is there any way you could reupload the old version? I found some really cool recolors of the fireplace, but the mesh is not included and the person that recolored it links to here.
Instructor
#138 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 6:28 PM
Hey - I've used your old version with no problems, and I just discovered the new version. When I updated and launched my game, it showed this fireplace icon as "No picture", worth §0, with no object when you click on the icon. Any ideas why? (NL is my highest EP, in case that matters.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 11:20 PM
you are the best!! i was wondering why all those fireplaces and stairs didn't show up on my game and now i know it thank you!!
Bunned
THANKS POST
#140 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 2:31 PM
I was so intimidated by Scriptorium but I had to have these fireplaces, they are gorgeous (that's gorge-eeh-ose!). Scriptorium is really dang easy to use in the end! I'm having the same trouble as Gwen and Katalina mentioned, though; icon reading "no pic" and nothing to put on the lot. I went ahead, re-downloaded, and followed the steps again, I guess I'll see if it kicks something straight. I really hope so, dying to see these beauties in my game! Even if I can't get 'em to work, they're frakkin beautiful all the same!
Test Subject
#141 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 3:27 AM
Okay, I saw some similar problems above, but I'm not sure if this is actually the same thing. I had the old version in my game and didn't even realize there was an updated version until a month or so ago. I went in and got rid of all the old stuff and installed the new version using Scriptorium, which is nothing new for me and I've never (so far as I know) had a problem with it before.

I put the text file 99_CTNColonial_Fireplace in the Scriptorium and the recolors in Downloads. The fireplace loaded fine in the game, but somehow the Maxis expensive Colonial fireplace had disappeared. When I took your fireplace out of the Scriptorium and got rid of the recolors and reloaded the game, the Maxis fireplace was back, along with all the recolors I had for it.

I tried doing things the old-fashioned way and editing the text file in the EA Programs scripts file that you had referenced above, but my computer told me access was denied to edit that file. Any thoughts? I love this fireplace, but I'd rather not lose the Maxis expensive fireplace to have it.
Test Subject
#142 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 11:22 PM
I'm also having the "no pic" glitch with the new version. I'm a Mac user, so I had to install the Scriptorium manually. I double-checked that everything was installed correctly, and I also attempted to do it the old fashioned way and copy-pasted the code into my fireplaces.txt file - still no dice. Other Scriptorium fireplaces work fine. I have all EPs up to BV + GL and FFS.
Field Researcher
#143 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 8:14 PM
I'm assuming there is no way to get this to work, huh? Because I have the same problem....
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#144 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:22 PM
There is a type mismatch between the package and the text file, that is why it won't show in the catalog.

Change the line with mantle "Fireplace - CTNColonial - Mantle" to mantle "Fireplace - Colonial - Mantle" in the text file. This will give it it's thumbnail back and be placeable.

Also if you want the in game catalog and name to display the custom name, follow the steps for modular stairs in tutorial. Process is the same.
Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 7:47 AM
So I know it's been a year since this download has had any activity but I'm desperate to have this fireplace in my game! I downloaded and installed according to the directions included, I got the thumbnail to appear thanks to the fix above but the fireplace still can't be placed. When I go to place it, it's the one-tile black fireplace/stove thing. I'm at a loss on what to do. Please help! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 7th May 2014 at 6:54 PM
These are really pretty. THANKS! ! !
Mad Poster
#147 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:26 PM
@HugeLunatic - I've reDLed this Fireplace, and installed it properly - including fixing the typo as you mentioned in post #145. However, I'm still having problems...

Both the BG Colonial FP, and this one (CTN's) are showing up fine for me in the catalog.
And. I can place both of them with no problems.
BUT, they both look like CTN's fireplace with all the beautiful recolors hers has now.

I have other CC FPs in my game (build mode) that all work exactly as they should. I opened this is SimPE and compared it to other CC working FPs - this one is certainly created different! I have no idea how to fix it.

Do you (or anyone else reading this) have any idea how to fix CTN's FP and have both it and the BG FP working in game?

Thanks!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#148 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 12:54 PM
I am having the same issue that has been reported - this fireplace is overwriting the in-game colonial fireplace. I have installed it according to the instructions given and I even tried removing the script file from the scriptorium and placing the fireplace and recolors directly in my downloads folder. Fireplace and recolors are available and usable - in-game fireplace gone! Could this be guid issue? Is the creator available to look into this issue?. With almost 15,000 downloads I'd imagine that it's more folks out there that have had the same issue and just haven't bothered to report it. I would love to be able to use this content in my game. It would be nice to receive feedback to this report, thank you in advance.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 11:42 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 2:39 PM
Same issue as reported in above two posts. Have removed the mesh, recolours and Scriptorium file for now until there is a fix - to get the in-game Colonial fireplace back. Is a shame as this is a lovely fireplace but think there may be a name clash with the in-game one?
Page 6 of 7