Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2012 at 4:28 PM
Default Windows can't access?
Whenever I try opening the installer I get a message saying:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them."
I tried unistalling then reinstalling but it doesn't help

"Why? Do you find this" -he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose-"distracting?"
-Finnick Odair "Mockingjay"
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:11 PM
Are you trying to run the Clean Installer from a shortcut, or by double clicking on a Sims2Pack? I'm trying to determine whether Windows is having problems finding the Clean Installer or the Sims2Pack.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:28 PM
Both

"Why? Do you find this" -he strikes a ridiculously provocative pose-"distracting?"
Site Helper
#4 Old 25th May 2012 at 7:26 PM
Are you running from an administrator account?

Have you tried running the Sims2Pack Clean Installer.exe directly from the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Sims2Pack Clean Installer)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:25 AM
I'm the admin and I just tried running it from the program file, still no luck. It used to work but yesterday it started messing up :/

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:30 AM
I fixed it! Something was blocking it (still not sure exactly what but at least it works)

Site Helper
#7 Old 26th May 2012 at 2:56 PM
Congratulations for figuring this out. Sorry that we weren't able to help more.