Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 7:38 PM
Default How to prevent sims from having any free will at all?
Okay, so I want to make a high school story with my sims, but the problem is, they keep going off and doing stuff on their own. Some even leaving the lot and I can't stop them. I've turned autonomy all the way off and my sims still have free will somehow. I even downloaded an autonomy mod to turn off autonomy for certain interactions, but then new interactions keep pouring in and it never stops. Help?
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 4:30 PM
Are you referring to the NPC sims on the lot? Visitors to the lot who are not in your current family, NPC = Non-Player Control and as such are outside the rules of autonomy switching options. Switching autonomy on or off in Options is only related to the family you are currently controlling and should work. Though even with autonomy fully switched off, if any of a sim's motives (needs) drops too low they will autonomously take care of it, if access is available. (Meaning they are not purposely locked in a room, fenced off in a pool, so cannot do anything.)

There are a few other (annoying) things in game that override autonomy being off. Such as a sim "Jazzing it Up" on a piano, will make all nearby sims drop what they are doing (or not doing due to no autonomy) to gather round and watch the performance, and the player cannot prevent this forced gathering from happening unless it is modded out. Or sims compelled to go look at a Talking Toilet or Bubble Blower for the millionth time, disobeying the rule that autonomy is off. Again mods are needed to stop the disregard for autonomy rules. But these types of things are only a few, and autonomy off rules are usually obeyed in the most part. Though not for NPCs, who do what the heck they like, and also rope in your non-autonomous played sims into things like conversations, so that it feels like nobody is obeying the no auto rule.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Are you referring to the NPC sims on the lot? Visitors to the lot who are not in your current family, NPC = Non-Player Control and as such are outside the rules of autonomy switching options. Switching autonomy on or off in Options is only related to the family you are currently controlling and should work. Though even with autonomy fully switched off, if any of a sim's motives (needs) drops too low they will autonomously take care of it, if access is available. (Meaning they are not purposely locked in a room, fenced off in a pool, so cannot do anything.)

There are a few other (annoying) things in game that override autonomy being off. Such as a sim "Jazzing it Up" on a piano, will make all nearby sims drop what they are doing (or not doing due to no autonomy) to gather round and watch the performance, and the player cannot prevent this forced gathering from happening unless it is modded out. Or sims compelled to go look at a Talking Toilet or Bubble Blower for the millionth time, disobeying the rule that autonomy is off. Again mods are needed to stop the disregard for autonomy rules. But these types of things are only a few, and autonomy off rules are usually obeyed in the most part. Though not for NPCs, who do what the heck they like, and also rope in your non-autonomous played sims into things like conversations, so that it feels like nobody is obeying the no auto rule.

I forgot to add in that I downloaded a mod that makes it to where sims I summon to the lot through teleporter, has an option to control the sim. Even with that in place, the sims will do as they please. I also upped their needs and turned off the ability for their needs to go down. And that didn't work. I'm not sure what other mods I can add into my game to remedy this.