Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 6:56 PM
Default High quality lots like SimSbiotics?
I am looking for custom decorated lots with very high quality, like SimSbiotic lots to download. Is there any similar sites? I am looking for modern buildings. Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 10:16 PM
Sounds interesting, never heard of this creator.
Do you have any photos or links ?

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 10:40 PM
Found it.
I just downloaded the Moon Valley residential lot ??

https://kacicka777.tumblr.com

As far as other ones, I think Garden of Shadows might have some ?

" Inama Nushif "
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karlakoo
I am looking for custom decorated lots with very high quality, like SimSbiotic lots to download. Is there any similar sites? I am looking for modern buildings. Thanks!

Never heard of them so I googled and found this blog https://kacicka777.tumblr.com/ but I don't actually see any lots for upload there. I do see a lot of CC staging and photoshop though. The majority of people who like to decorate and take shots like that don't actually build lots at all, you are seeing a decorated set and a lot of photoshop not what it actually looks like in-game. Heavily CC decorated lots are few between because many CC creators don't want their items uploaded in lots like that and most people don't want 100 + items being scattered through their download folder.

There are plenty of nicely built houses, many including CC for upload on MTS and on blogs but you want to be careful with lots away from MTS since you do not want to get any mods or modded items that way or other things that try and travel in lots like dozens of mailbox or stair recolours. On here just use the filter and tick 'cc buy and build content'.
Modern>CC buy and build
https://modthesims.info/browse.php?...e=1&&tag=modern None will look like SimSbiotic though. You could try TSR but I would clean any lot you got from there first with the add on to the Lot Compressor.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Found it.
I just downloaded the Moon Valley residential lot ??

https://kacicka777.tumblr.com

As far as other ones, I think Garden of Shadows might have some ?

Can you direct link to it? I can't find any lots for upload on there.

Sorry double post.

edit: I think I found one. https://kacicka777.tumblr.com/search/lot

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 6:18 AM Last edited by karlakoo : 19th Apr 2021 at 6:30 AM.
At least earlier there was many lots I was able to download, but maybe she removed some? I haven't check it lately. I know those pictures are photoshopped, but those lots still looked very nice in game. Modern, simple and stylish with nice color themes. And nice floor plans, little bit different. And I liked the furniture she uses. I would like to find something similar. Riekus has some nice lots in her websites as well, but any other?

Edit: I don't mind if lot includes a lot of CC, I will clean it anyway and keep only what I like. And I don't really want to decorate myself (if not necessary) so it would be perfect to get lots that are completely done.

And one more edit: There are many lots in MTS, but most of them are CC free and because of that they look very Maxis-like, even with the modern touch. I would need to edit them, which I am not interested to do. I have historical game, which is where I build and decorate. I want to create modern game as well, but I want to create it without all that huge amount of work I am doing in my historical game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karlakoo
At least earlier there was many lots I was able to download, but maybe she removed some? I haven't check it lately. I know those pictures are photoshopped, but those lots still looked very nice in game. Modern, simple and stylish with nice color themes. And nice floor plans, little bit different. And I liked the furniture she uses. I would like to find something similar. Riekus has some nice lots in her websites as well, but any other?

Edit: I don't mind if lot includes a lot of CC, I will clean it anyway and keep only what I like. And I don't really want to decorate myself (if not necessary) so it would be perfect to get lots that are completely done.

And one more edit: There are many lots in MTS, but most of them are CC free and because of that they look very Maxis-like, even with the modern touch. I would need to edit them, which I am not interested to do. I have historical game, which is where I build and decorate. I want to create modern game as well, but I want to create it without all that huge amount of work I am doing in my historical game.

It's a lot easier to get decorated historical houses (PBK) than modern ones. Hopefully someone knows of some fully CC modern ones. I would at the very least do them one at a time and place the CC into a labelled folder. Only getting CC that way can be harder to keep track of and if it's slaved you will need the master file or the pieces will all flash blue.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 3:24 PM
GoS's houses/lots are here: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...32v1&board=14.0 (a lot of them are more in the "grunge" category, but there are some not too grungy in there. Could be some in the Themes topics too, but they're a bit harder to search for).

Maybe Parchmentpaperandco at SimPearls: https://simpearls.co.uk/simpearls/index.php?board=174.0 (you have to be logged in to see that page, but they have a Tumblr here: https://parchmentpaperandco.tumblr.com/).

Several CC lots that are heavily decorated tend to not be very playable. Most tend to be "just for looks and photoshoots". I guess it depends how they're decorated, though. If the furniture remains usable, and the computer isn't struggling, I guess it works.

Personally I tend to build/decorate lots that are functionally decorated for playing, and lots that are photogenic for photoshoots and posing, or something in between if it's meant to be functional enough to avoid foot-stomping.

---

Absolutely keep track of which lot came with which CC. I've had CC lots crash because they came with buggy CC pieces, and then I was glad I'd kept the lots separate.

Recently I found a lot with a heap of randomly renamed meshes and recolors I already had the originals of (default installer's fault, probably - I think it renames files for one person and then these files travel with lots). This can get rather problematic if you install fixed files over the top of the ones you know you have, but still have the renamed old files without knowing.

Lots also will pull most/all of the recolors the creator has of certain items, so instead of getting the exact recolors and nothing else, you get at least 30+ recolors of the same item even if there's just one recolor used in the lot (which is especially annoying if combined with the default installer renaming "bug" and all the pulled recolors are randomly named), including mailbox/trashcan recolors (those are a PAIN to get rid of...)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
GoS's houses/lots are here:
Absolutely keep track of which lot came with which CC. I've had CC lots crash because they came with buggy CC pieces, and then I was glad I'd kept the lots separate.

Recently I found a lot with a heap of randomly renamed meshes and recolors I already had the originals of (default installer's fault, probably - I think it renames files for one person and then these files travel with lots). This can get rather problematic if you install fixed files over the top of the ones you know you have, but still have the renamed old files without knowing.

Lots also will pull most/all of the recolors the creator has of certain items, so instead of getting the exact recolors and nothing else, you get at least 30+ recolors of the same item even if there's just one recolor used in the lot (which is especially annoying if combined with the default installer renaming "bug" and all the pulled recolors are randomly named), including mailbox/trashcan recolors (those are a PAIN to get rid of...)

Yes, it's safer to download CC separately and decorate yourself. I downloaded a decorated medieval house and had a crashing kitchen bench/counter which was a right pain in the butt to find. Then package the lot and keep the package so it can be reused.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 1:41 AM
I packaged up a lot I used for my story, and found over 40 recolors of the Hansen crib in that folder (I used two... But at least I managed to locate the originals in an old downloads folder, because I'd wondered why they weren't in my sorted downloads). Problem is, you have to go through all of it, and hopefully know what you've used...

What turned out to be a fire alarm from TSR had me pulling out my hair for quite a while. Kept crashing small electronics. So I did a 50/50, found the little culprit, thought I was rid of it (and the multiple copies I'd hoarded alongside lots), then after a short while downloaded a heavy CC school lot, and my game started crashing again. Guess who was back...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 4:16 AM
I packaged up a lot I used for my story, and found over 40 recolors of the Hansen crib in that folder (I used two... But at least I managed to locate the originals in an old downloads folder, because I'd wondered why they weren't in my sorted downloads). Problem is, you have to go through all of it, and hopefully know what you've used...

What turned out to be a fire alarm from TSR had me pulling out my hair for quite a while. Kept crashing small electronics. So I did a 50/50, found the little culprit, thought I was rid of it (and the multiple copies I'd hoarded alongside lots), then after a short while downloaded a heavy CC school lot, and my game started crashing again. Guess who was back...

The safest way when building with cc for upload is to only have what you want in the download folder. Recolours really like to come with lots when they weren't used and sometimes mods and CEP files. When you upload a lot to MTS you have to identify each piece and make sure it was what you used- if you want to include it in the lot package. This is really hard when you downloaded a set with 30 recolours and you are only using a few. Easiest just to link and say 'this set required' done.
This is why on MTS you won't find many lots with 100 cc pieces.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 4:17 AM

The safest way when building with cc for upload is to only have what you want in the download folder. Recolours really like to come with lots when they weren't used and sometimes mods and CEP files. When you upload a lot to MTS you have to identify each piece and make sure it was what you used- if you want to include it in the lot package. This is really hard when you downloaded a set with 30 recolours and you are only using a few. Easiest just to link and say 'this set required' done. And if you do include it then you also have to check for TOU of the creator whose item you are using.
This is why on MTS you won't find many lots with 100 cc pieces.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 12:21 AM
^ That lot was more of a special case - it wasn't one I'd ever intended to upload, I just needed to pack up a few lots with their CC so I could remove some other items from my downloads for a while (my DL folder had tipped 35 GB at the time, which was a bit too much). But now I'm in the middle of a (lengthy) CC spring cleaning, and while searching around for duplicates I found all those files in that folder. I have found a lot of similar cases among lots I've downloaded (elsewhere than MTS), though.