Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 9:59 PM
Two FAce / Two Tone hair mod
Hello everyone,

I am new to creating custom content, and I am trying to make hair that is colored white on one side and black on the other.
Here is what I am trying to make:

[IMG]61u29gggcwq61[/IMG]

I have tried appending the meshes and putting the in Sims 4 studio, but I end up with this, the complete mesh I was basing it off:

[IMG]zq2xa2uqcwq61[/IMG]

The reason I am trying to create my hair like this is because when I manipulate the specular map (texture), it ends up affecting hair on the other side:

[IMG]2slaadq0dwq61[/IMG]

[IMG]ky8xzoe2dwq61[/IMG]

[IMG]at4fycw3dwq61[/IMG]

[IMG]qdibqa16dwq61[/IMG]

If you guys were able to give me some advice, or clear instructions for a beginner, I would be really grateful. I thought I would come to you guys for help as you are experts, and I have been trying to do this for nearly a week now, and my inability to do something like this has left me doubting my technical expertise and feeling very depressed.

On a more optimistic note, I have been able to get the clothing, face and eye mods sorted. Now all that is missing is the hair:

[IMG]gt4idfppdwq61[/IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 6:56 AM
Default Update! Fixed It
Quote: Originally posted by jfd2050
Hello everyone,

I am new to creating custom content, and I am trying to make hair that is colored white on one side and black on the other.
Here is what I am trying to make:

[IMG]61u29gggcwq61[/IMG]

I have tried appending the meshes and putting the in Sims 4 studio, but I end up with this, the complete mesh I was basing it off:

[IMG]zq2xa2uqcwq61[/IMG]

The reason I am trying to create my hair like this is because when I manipulate the specular map (texture), it ends up affecting hair on the other side:

[IMG]2slaadq0dwq61[/IMG]

[IMG]ky8xzoe2dwq61[/IMG]

[IMG]at4fycw3dwq61[/IMG]

[IMG]qdibqa16dwq61[/IMG]

If you guys were able to give me some advice, or clear instructions for a beginner, I would be really grateful. I thought I would come to you guys for help as you are experts, and I have been trying to do this for nearly a week now, and my inability to do something like this has left me doubting my technical expertise and feeling very depressed.

On a more optimistic note, I have been able to get the clothing, face and eye mods sorted. Now all that is missing is the hair:

[IMG]gt4idfppdwq61[/IMG]

Hello everyone! I managed to sort out the hair by altering the UVs, look forward to uploading content
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 12:13 AM
Hello everyone,

I am trying to upload the BTAS Two Face set, but when I try and do so, it tells me I have not attached any rar files, even though I have.

Could someone please tell me how to resolve this so I can share it with everyone
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 8:22 AM
Hi, for technical problems with the site post here:
https://modthesims.info/f/24/

Creator guide lines here:
https://modthesims.info/rubrics/

It's a good idea to post here to have people test your mod:
https://modthesims.info/fd.php?f=473
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 9:47 PM
Hello, Im getting a 500 error, but it is not listed
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 10:18 PM
@jfd2050 Please post details in the site issues forum I linked earlier.