Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Back in Bridgeport, not sure why one would want Vladamir Schlick, Willam Fangmann, Elvira Slayer, Beau Merrrick, etc. as mortals since being vamps is an important part of who they are, but that would be how to arrange it.

I don't see why not, we're all mortal after all. So either they fit in, or they suffer a tragic but entirely, totally accidental death. The problem with Bridgeport is that most of the premades are a bunch of total BORES. So forgettable. For a party-themed world, Bridgeport sure is sexless.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Instructor
#28 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that as long as you have the required ep and haven't turned off a particular occult state in game settings, EA's story progression will by default create a certain number of occults from the existing sims in any given world. I always end up with ever so many vampires/fairies/etc. from the premades when I play Uni, even if I haven't specifically turned them, and I've verified that they don't by default have an occult.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm having a Mandela Effect (or the Mengele Effect, if you prefer ). LOL!

While we're on the topic, I ran into this a couple of times. I think it is either uni or a custom world. There would be a sim, looks completely normal like any sim. I use edit in cas and in cas, this sim has fairy wings. After I exit cas, she looks normal. Now, I do not have SN, so I was wondering how that can be.

How about the Nitromon Effect?

EA worlds do not have occults other than base game (Ghosts) and the occults supported by the EP if it's an EP world (Mermaids for IP, PlantSims for Uni, etc.) among the premades to account for players who do not have the other required EPs. Custom made worlds might be pre-populated with them though, which sounds like the case here.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 3:22 AM
I don't know if its because I have Supernatural but Isla Paradiso as it comes out of the box without me doing anything to it has two playable Ghosts (the Dreggs) and at least one Werewolf (I can't remember everyone in the Scott family is a Werewolf, or just the dad.)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 4:38 AM
I am working on 2 worlds in CAW. Have not seen a fairy show up so far, but have seen quite a few vamps generate. Had one stuck on a houseboat for a while.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:53 AM
What I don't understand is, I don't have SN... so how come there are the graphics for the wings in CAS? I suspected that the actual graphics and things needed for fairies are actually coded either in a patch or in some of the other EP, but there's simply a function which disable the users from using them. If that's the case, some modder can simply flip this switch on.

Exactly that, some game resources we identify with particular EPs are already in the game and patch files. I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly which ones. Not enough to actually have a playable fairy without SN though, and there would be more to it than switch flipping. Wouldn't be legal, even if it were that simple.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 10:26 AM
What I don't understand is, I don't have SN... so how come there are the graphics for the wings in CAS?

Same reason I had access to a bunch of magic potions before SN even came out.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Page 2 of 2