Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 4:47 PM
Set up TS3 for easy (clean) upload
After a long break, I have come back to the sims world. I know how to build, but how do I set up my TS3 game & mods/download folders for a nice clean upload?

If there is a tutorial for that, just please point me in right direction. My search came up empty, but that is more likely my ineptitude. Also, a good tutorial for making walls. They can make such a big difference in a building, and might be a good way to dip my toes back in the creation pool agian.

Thank you all for being part of the community.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 5:02 PM
This guide gives a framework setup for installing package files:
Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This guide gives a framework setup for installing package files:
Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki

Thank you for your swift response, but I am really looking for how to set up my game so that a saved/upload lot file will not have a lot of extra stuff in it.

Also, should I give any consideration to what world I build my house in? Are there some that have iffy world terrain paints or other hidden 'features' inherent in them that could make my lot be flakey?

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 5:43 PM
I would suggest saving your lot in the Library so that you could have it in .package format. That way the cc used on your lot will not be included in it.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#5 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 6:36 PM
I don't think there is anything special you need to do. If you don't use any cc on a lot then it shouldn't include anything extra when you export it. You can use the CUSTARD tool https://modthesims.info/d/390235/cu...ck-cleaner.html to check Sims3Packs for cc attached if you export it that way.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
I would suggest saving your lot in the Library so that you could have it in .package format. That way the cc used on your lot will not be included in it.
+

Thank you! I had not even realized that there was more than one way to save.

So if saved as .package, then the instructions to downloader would be to put in "Library". In addition, I would need to put any CC I generated in a separate file to put in "Mods>Packages"?

Are there any advantages to saving as a .sims3pack?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
I don't think there is anything special you need to do. If you don't use any cc on a lot then it shouldn't include anything extra when you export it. You can use the CUSTARD tool https://modthesims.info/d/390235/cu...ck-cleaner.html to check Sims3Packs for cc attached if you export it that way.

Thank you Zoe.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Thank you for your swift response, but I am really looking for how to set up my game so that a saved/upload lot file will not have a lot of extra stuff in it.

Oops! Sorry, I'm glad the others were a bit more helpful!